Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

9 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Purely from a technical perspective Rennie is leagues ahead of CBT, GÁR's stage just sucked tbh

 

lorde-meme.gif 

I see CBT as testing waters for her touring power. It had only 20 dates so it didnt make a lot of sense for them to go over the top for the production. Now that it proved what they were trying to see, the LG7 tour will have a bigger budget.

It has to, right?

 

lorde-meme.gif

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

2 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

I see CBT as testing waters for her touring power. It had only 20 dates so it didnt make a lot of sense for them to go over the top for the production. Now that it proved what they were trying to see, the LG7 tour will have a bigger budget.

It has to, right?

 

lorde-meme.gif

her touring power always has been big, so it's not about that. it's probably (surely) about her health.

5 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

I see CBT as testing waters for her touring power. It had only 20 dates so it didnt make a lot of sense for them to go over the top for the production. Now that it proved what they were trying to see, the LG7 tour will have a bigger budget.

It has to, right?

 

lorde-meme.gif

lorde-meme.gif

as the other girlies said her stage presence was 10/10, I just hope the production matches it next time

 

lorde-meme.gif

I still remember how gagged I was during the whole opening night of the Cball :jonnycat: When she came out in that outfit looking straight out of TFM era and me already losing my voice after the first chorus of BR :skull: 

Edited by TSwiftie

To me the Chromatica Ball stage just lacked some props to complement the performance of certain songs and larger catwalks. 

1 hour ago, ViviLittleM said:

I think Chromatica Ball's stage being awful might be something about the budget. I think the dates weren't scheduled to be 20 at first but maybe 10 at most but once again don't do stadiums if you can't have an adapted stage

1514103006_gagatealavi.thumb.gif.a5f9aaf

not true, it's only some pop stars who had open big stages, most rock/metal bands have the box stage like she did

also we clearly understood why she went with it, it was meant to represent her being trapped and stuck in her mind

it's only the STAGE that sucked.. but other than that GAGA ate em all

REN's a MESS :dies:

I went to see the Ren tour and girls....  the stage, the visuals, the props were INSANE. Incredible. Everything CBT wishes it could be.

However, Gaga DOMINATED the stage and captivated the audience in a way I can never quite feel with BeyoncĂŠ.

I really hope Gaga's next tour brings the visuals.

17 hours ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

5 years since this cultural reset dropped :jonny:

 

https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/1004397799121698816?s=19

 

 

 

I'll never forget the chills I had all over once she finished belting that note. Just to hear her voice like that; so powerful, raw and limitless in a way, followed by "LADY GAGA" flashing in that beautiful gold lettering right in the middle. And then the ultimate realization: she was a lead actress in a major feature film now. Holy ****!

 

An incredibly well-made trailer.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv0DIMUZmy6Ec1R6D7Sqv

we're still waiting for the trailer version

1 hour ago, Freaky Prince said:

I see CBT as testing waters for her touring power. It had only 20 dates so it didnt make a lot of sense for them to go over the top for the production. Now that it proved what they were trying to see, the LG7 tour will have a bigger budget.

It has to, right?

 

lorde-meme.gif

I also think the same because selling out stadiums is much more difficult than selling out arenas. Also, she didn't tour Europe before C Ball for a while. 

5 years of ASIB? Time for them to release a new vinyl pressing that doesn't have the dialogues :duca: 

28 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

it's only the STAGE that sucked.. but other than that GAGA ate em all

REN's a MESS :dies:

Yeah, i'll never understand the box stage. You couldn't even see the big screen unless you were straight on. 

18 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

I also think the same because selling out stadiums is much more difficult than selling out arenas. Also, she didn't tour Europe before C Ball for a while. 

you know she cancelled Europe in 2017 and 2018 because of her fibro right...?

5 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

“I listened to Born This Way recently because, well, it's just the time of year where I think about it the most and... yeah, she's kind of a miserable prospect as a popstar to me these days, but I think that there has always been so much turmoil in her life on stage that she probably assoiciates being a popstar with misery, and... I don't really know where that leaves her. I think the shows her peers are touring with this year make the Chromatica Ball seem even more antiquated and stale than it seemed at the time, and moreover, they seem to just have a palpable joy to them that Gaga's grim presentation between eight hour screensavers by Nick Knight didn't.

I hope she finds her bliss, genuinely. But I don't think any of her music-related work in years seems to reflect that the person behind it loved making it. Maybe the "911" video at a stretch? I remember last year seeing her rather joylessly knock out her three biggest hits (aside from "Shallow", the obvious golden child she properly loveswhere everything aligned perfectly for her) from the perspective of being trapped by them and thinking... yeah, that tracks I guess. And that's fine, but maybe don't break your ankle running towards legacy act status when you appear to have no affection for basking in that legacy. She is 100% in a position to be making bolder, more adventurous choices on stage and on record, but she honestly seems too scared to lose it all by trying. Girl, if Beyoncé is getting away with playing "Rather Die Young" to stadiums you can maybe retire Safe B-Tier Hit From The 2009 Golden Age "LoveGame", and slot in "Applause" without the general public revolting!“

 

Read this comment in the Popjustice thread and got a bit pissed. It bugs me how people expect Gaga to have the same enthusiasm for pop music she did in 2010, and that Taylor and Beyoncé have now, when the public doesn’t have the same enthusiasm for her, and critics gave her no leeway after ARTPOP really. Fans never want to acknowledge the two way street of pop music careers. 

 Whenever another popstar does something, Gaga fans get angry that Gaga did not also do that exact same thing, and honestly it is very strange. We fell in love with her for being different and now we get mad at her for not being the same.

 

The Rennie Tour is brilliant; I love everything about it, but it is not Gaga. It is not the kind of show Gaga has ever put on or will ever put on. Gaga is not a "big screen for a stage" kind of girl, and if you continue to think she will suddenly become that then you are going to continue to be disappointed, in my opinion. Gaga is a theater girl and will always go for a set piece (which means box stage) over anything else. 

 

That is not to say they could have done something to make things easier to see, because we can all agree on that, but overall I do not understand this narrative that it was "bad" or "low budget" when that narrative does not operate in the real world.

 

48 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

not true, it's only some pop stars who had open big stages, most rock/metal bands have the box stage like she did

also we clearly understood why she went with it, it was meant to represent her being trapped and stuck in her mind

:clap3: Yeah. I am not understanding the constant need to view things from such a negative viewpoint. The staging was deliberate, not a result of something negative like "low budget". Then again, Gaga fans even claimed the BTWB Stage was low budget at the time. :jonny: 

Edited by Sannie

1 hour ago, chosensparkles said:

You MONSTERS torture me

time to un stan if you think she was not passionate on tour last year

is it something about her 'looking too old' and 'not in a bikini with the disco stick talking about redone for lg7' or w/e time warp the girls hold her measuring stick to lol

 

:eli:

The Chromatica Ball was a perfect show, thank you very much (minus Hold My Hag as the closing song). 

4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

“I listened to Born This Way recently because, well, it's just the time of year where I think about it the most and... yeah, she's kind of a miserable prospect as a popstar to me these days, but I think that there has always been so much turmoil in her life on stage that she probably assoiciates being a popstar with misery, and... I don't really know where that leaves her. I think the shows her peers are touring with this year make the Chromatica Ball seem even more antiquated and stale than it seemed at the time, and moreover, they seem to just have a palpable joy to them that Gaga's grim presentation between eight hour screensavers by Nick Knight didn't.

I hope she finds her bliss, genuinely. But I don't think any of her music-related work in years seems to reflect that the person behind it loved making it. Maybe the "911" video at a stretch? I remember last year seeing her rather joylessly knock out her three biggest hits (aside from "Shallow", the obvious golden child she properly loveswhere everything aligned perfectly for her) from the perspective of being trapped by them and thinking... yeah, that tracks I guess. And that's fine, but maybe don't break your ankle running towards legacy act status when you appear to have no affection for basking in that legacy. She is 100% in a position to be making bolder, more adventurous choices on stage and on record, but she honestly seems too scared to lose it all by trying. Girl, if Beyoncé is getting away with playing "Rather Die Young" to stadiums you can maybe retire Safe B-Tier Hit From The 2009 Golden Age "LoveGame", and slot in "Applause" without the general public revolting!“

 

Read this comment in the Popjustice thread and got a bit pissed. It bugs me how people expect Gaga to have the same enthusiasm for pop music she did in 2010, and that Taylor and Beyoncé have now, when the public doesn’t have the same enthusiasm for her, and critics gave her no leeway after ARTPOP really. Fans never want to acknowledge the two way street of pop music careers. 

It's kinda funny how easily popheads are entertained by simple stage props like fish looking at shiny objects. Chromatica Ball was a highly-acclaimed, tremendously successful tour experience that millions of artists would dream of delivering.

 

I don't get how people can seriously write "miserable prospect as a popstar" while continuously grouping her in comparison with the two arguably biggest popstars in the current moment. :deadbanana4: Like, if she wasn't on Bey-Tay level, she wouldn't get all this constant comparison.

 

They're kinda right in that it's been a decade since Artpop's backlash and that she should take creative risks again, but Gaga stans have got to be the most miserable base of all time. They can't enjoy their fave's GREAT work because they constantly project their insecurities and personal preferences on it.

 

I doubt the 834,000 people that paid to see the Chromatica Ball gave that much of a f*ck about stage props. :dies:

5 minutes ago, Sannie said:

 Whenever another popstar does something, Gaga fans get angry that Gaga did not also do that exact same thing, and honestly it is very strange. We fell in love with her for being different and now we get mad at her for not being the same.

 

The Rennie Tour is brilliant; I love everything about it, but it is not Gaga.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

It's so bizarre how upset they get that Gaga isn't releasing 463 vinyl editions of her album or releasing remixes w/ Ice Spice and Kendrick Lamar. Gaga is NOT a conventional pop girlie. You can tell these aren't veteran stans because they've clearly forgotten they stan the "disco stick" meat dress girl. :ahh:

 

At the end of the day you will remember the whole stadium singing Shallow or Love on Top. Visuals and props are easily forgettable.

 

Those unique experiences are not and only a handful of artist can bring that to a show.

11 minutes ago, Sannie said:

 Whenever another popstar does something, Gaga fans get angry that Gaga did not also do that exact same thing, and honestly it is very strange. We fell in love with her for being different and now we get mad at her for not being the same.

 

The Rennie Tour is brilliant; I love everything about it, but it is not Gaga. It is not the kind of show Gaga has ever put on or will ever put on. Gaga is not a "big screen for a stage" kind of girl, and if you continue to think she will suddenly become that then you are going to continue to be disappointed, in my opinion. Gaga is a theater girl and will always go for a set piece (which means box stage) over anything else. 

 

That is not to say they could have done something to make things easier to see, because we can all agree on that, but overall I do not understand this narrative that it was "bad" or "low budget" when that narrative does not operate in the real world.

 

:clap3: Yeah. I am not understanding the constant need to view things from such a negative viewpoint. The staging was deliberate, not a result of something negative like "low budget". Then again, Gaga fans even claimed the BTWB Stage was low budget at the time. :jonny: 

I personally loved TCB stage more than BTWBall which didn't allow us to see her in most of the runtime of the show

whereas during TCB, yeah people could miss her on BR/JD/PF and Alice but overall, it was better executed

I also think it's her first show where she was on point all the time, even in terms of costumes

22 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

you know she cancelled Europe in 2017 and 2018 because of her fibro right...?

I know, hence "she didn't tour Europe before C Ball for a while".

3 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

At the end of the day you will remember the whole stadium singing Shallow or Love on Top. Visuals and props are easily forgettable.

 

Those unique experiences are not and only a handful of artist can bring that to a show.

And this is something Gaga knows all too well. She understands what sticks.

 

3 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

I personally loved TCB stage more than BTWBall which didn't allow us to see her in most of the runtime of the show

whereas during TCB, yeah people could miss her on BR/JD/PF and Alice but overall, it was better executed

I also think it's her first show where she was on point all the time, even in terms of costumes

Yep, this is why I liked CBT so much. I never expected her to be so polished and disciplined through the entire thing. We do not see that often, and it is as close as we are going to get to something like Beyonce perfection. That is why it is odd that she is being negatively compared to her.

 

CBT production was her best imo, too. It was all just really well done.

Edited by Sannie

14 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

The Chromatica Ball was a perfect show, thank you very much (minus Hold My Hag as the closing song). 

As much as I dislike HMH, I think it was a very strong closing song and one of my favorite moments from my experience. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.