Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Just now, Sannie said:

And this is something Gaga knows all too well. She understands what sticks.

 

Yep, this is why I liked CBT so much. I never expected her to be so polished and disciplined through the entire thing. We do not see that often, and it is as close as we are going to get to something like Beyonce perfection. That is why it is odd that she is being negatively compared to her.

yeah her previous tours always had stuff changing, or her missing her dance queues or sth... or things getting reworked and not completed from the first date

here minus the add of 1000 Doves/Fun Tonight and the change of the ballad section outfit, pretty much everything was polished and well executed from Dusseldorf to Miami

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

And if I said this was top 10 in her discography?

 

 

Just now, Love Again said:

And if I said this was top 10 in her discography?

You'd be right :clap3:

5 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

“I listened to Born This Way recently because, well, it's just the time of year where I think about it the most and... yeah, she's kind of a miserable prospect as a popstar to me these days, but I think that there has always been so much turmoil in her life on stage that she probably assoiciates being a popstar with misery, and... I don't really know where that leaves her. I think the shows her peers are touring with this year make the Chromatica Ball seem even more antiquated and stale than it seemed at the time, and moreover, they seem to just have a palpable joy to them that Gaga's grim presentation between eight hour screensavers by Nick Knight didn't.

I hope she finds her bliss, genuinely. But I don't think any of her music-related work in years seems to reflect that the person behind it loved making it. Maybe the "911" video at a stretch? I remember last year seeing her rather joylessly knock out her three biggest hits (aside from "Shallow", the obvious golden child she properly loveswhere everything aligned perfectly for her) from the perspective of being trapped by them and thinking... yeah, that tracks I guess. And that's fine, but maybe don't break your ankle running towards legacy act status when you appear to have no affection for basking in that legacy. She is 100% in a position to be making bolder, more adventurous choices on stage and on record, but she honestly seems too scared to lose it all by trying. Girl, if Beyoncé is getting away with playing "Rather Die Young" to stadiums you can maybe retire Safe B-Tier Hit From The 2009 Golden Age "LoveGame", and slot in "Applause" without the general public revolting!“

 

Read this comment in the Popjustice thread and got a bit pissed. It bugs me how people expect Gaga to have the same enthusiasm for pop music she did in 2010, and that Taylor and Beyoncé have now, when the public doesn’t have the same enthusiasm for her, and critics gave her no leeway after ARTPOP really. Fans never want to acknowledge the two way street of pop music careers. 

Honestly I used to think the same but I think it’s a mere overreaction by Little Monsters because she isn’t as active as she used to be 2009-2014. Especially during ARTPOP she had a very large online presence and she kept us updated about what was going on (even if a lot of things ended up being scrapped)

 

The fact that she has now pivoted to other things like acting and make up and isnt as transparent anymore probably makes people long extra hard for the old days.

 

Also, people do too much on her recent albums. I’ve grown to re love Joanne again after hating it for a long time and I think Chromatica is still good despite its obvious weak points

 

7 minutes ago, Love Again said:

And if I said this was top 10 in her discography?

 

I agree 

 

ezgif.com-resize-8.thumb.gif.c1699f0f2b5 

37 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

As much as I dislike HMH, I think it was a very strong closing song and one of my favorite moments from my experience. 

Yeah, I get it. The song really did sound much better live and with the props, it was a decent closing song but at the same time I hoped for SFA to be the last song with Godga going all out during the dance breaks etc. Ugh. 

11 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Yeah, I get it. The song really did sound much better live and with the props, it was a decent closing song but at the same time I hoped for SFA to be the last song with Godga going all out during the dance breaks etc. Ugh. 

Now that you mention it, I think a SFA ballad would be an amazing closer :WAP: 

1 hour ago, Love Again said:

And if I said this was top 10 in her discography?

 

 

I would say you are right!

 

ezgif.com-resize-8.thumb.gif.c1699f0f2b5

I think we’re overlooking the fact that Gaga is 37 and has stated multiple times she wants to start a family. There’s a big possibility that in the next 1 year and a half she and Michael will get married/have a baby.

2 hours ago, Love Again said:

And if I said this was bottom 10 in her discography?

 

 

So true.

9 hours ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Don't know if this means anything but fwiw, Bobby recently started following producer Andrew Watt on ig (and he followed back too) :celestial5:

I've kinda been expecting her to work with Andrew Watt for a while now so this makes sense. He's one of the go-to producers right now, and he's one of the few in the industry atm who is producing both pop (Elton, Dua, Britney, Justin Bieber) and rock (Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop) in the mainstream and also producing for artists who blend the two together (Miley, Post Malone).

 

Gaga would EAT on a song like Midnight Sky

Andrew Watt would be a boring and predictable choice imo, time for Bobby to follow Rostam

 

ezgif.com-resize-8.thumb.gif.c1699f0f2b5

Re: Chromatica Ball

 

I still love the fact that literally up until the first show started we were all still expecting the alien/cyberpunk aesthetic of the album to be the main theme of the tour, and for it to based on the planet of Chromatica, only for her to go in the complete opposite direction and give us a show that was completely different conceptually and visually. I love how unpredictable she is at times :duca:

10 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

“I listened to Born This Way recently because, well, it's just the time of year where I think about it the most and... yeah, she's kind of a miserable prospect as a popstar to me these days, but I think that there has always been so much turmoil in her life on stage that she probably assoiciates being a popstar with misery, and... I don't really know where that leaves her. I think the shows her peers are touring with this year make the Chromatica Ball seem even more antiquated and stale than it seemed at the time, and moreover, they seem to just have a palpable joy to them that Gaga's grim presentation between eight hour screensavers by Nick Knight didn't.

I hope she finds her bliss, genuinely. But I don't think any of her music-related work in years seems to reflect that the person behind it loved making it. Maybe the "911" video at a stretch? I remember last year seeing her rather joylessly knock out her three biggest hits (aside from "Shallow", the obvious golden child she properly loveswhere everything aligned perfectly for her) from the perspective of being trapped by them and thinking... yeah, that tracks I guess. And that's fine, but maybe don't break your ankle running towards legacy act status when you appear to have no affection for basking in that legacy. She is 100% in a position to be making bolder, more adventurous choices on stage and on record, but she honestly seems too scared to lose it all by trying. Girl, if Beyoncé is getting away with playing "Rather Die Young" to stadiums you can maybe retire Safe B-Tier Hit From The 2009 Golden Age "LoveGame", and slot in "Applause" without the general public revolting!“

 

Read this comment in the Popjustice thread and got a bit pissed. It bugs me how people expect Gaga to have the same enthusiasm for pop music she did in 2010, and that Taylor and Beyoncé have now, when the public doesn’t have the same enthusiasm for her, and critics gave her no leeway after ARTPOP really. Fans never want to acknowledge the two way street of pop music careers. 

Having been to the 3 tours in question,

 

Chromatica Tour was miles better and entertaining :jonny:

 

The fire in her eyes lives rent free in my head.

25 minutes ago, Erotic said:

Having been to the 3 tours in question,

 

Chromatica Tour was miles better and entertaining :jonny:

 

The fire in her eyes lives rent free in my head.

also all 3 shows are very different, like even the performers are unique in their own way

 

a Andrew Watt collab on LG7 would be cute

so BURNS, Andrew, the Diamond Heart producer

ooop

I saw that PopJustice post the other day and got so annoyed


The gays there are beyond miserable and out of touch with their **** takes :rip: They're particularly harsh on Gaga and always have to rain on a parade the moment they see someone having fun. That user with the Madonna avi in particular is pretty awful, living vicariously through some cunty avi.

I remember when TCB was starting up and people were hyped, some gay wrote a lengthy post about how he can't just support Gaga anymore because she's not the same blah blah blah. Only for him to backtrack once the show happened. 
 

Idk why those bitter queens call themselves fans. Say what you will about ATRL, but we're less delusional and pretentious here.

/endrant. 

OT: Bikini tops coming ah-ah off

Lady Gaga GIF

10 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I hope she finds her bliss, genuinely. But I don't think any of her music-related work in years seems to reflect that the person behind it loved making it. Maybe the "911" video at a stretch? I remember last year seeing her rather joylessly knock out her three biggest hits (aside from "Shallow", the obvious golden child she properly loveswhere everything aligned perfectly for her) from the perspective of being trapped by them and thinking... yeah, that tracks I guess. And that's fine, but maybe don't break your ankle running towards legacy act status when you appear to have no affection for basking in that legacy. She is 100% in a position to be making bolder, more adventurous choices on stage and on record, but she honestly seems too scared to lose it all by trying. Girl, if Beyoncé is getting away with playing "Rather Die Young" to stadiums you can maybe retire Safe B-Tier Hit From The 2009 Golden Age "LoveGame", and slot in "Applause" without the general public revolting!“

 

Read this comment in the Popjustice thread and got a bit pissed. It bugs me how people expect Gaga to have the same enthusiasm for pop music she did in 2010, and that Taylor and Beyoncé have now, when the public doesn’t have the same enthusiasm for her, and critics gave her no leeway after ARTPOP really. Fans never want to acknowledge the two way street of pop music careers. 

LOL I totally didn't read the last paragraph at first and was rage typing, but totally agree. First off, LoveGame ALWAYS bangs live so let's get that out of the way. Also, she took out Paparazzi & Alejandro to be able to perform most of Chromatica, a pop album, in full. So makes no sense to start with lol These think pieces are wild sometimes.

 

And I also think the opening songs are partially to get people engaged and balance out her pacing for the show. Also a total flex starting with such colossal hits.

5 hours ago, Love Again said:

And if I said this was top 10 in her discography?

 

 

Top 15 hihi

 

i just got an the iPod pro 2s on credit and listening to this on Dolby FADmos 🔥

to be honest at this point of her career, she should focus on creating a magnum opus. we don't care about the numbers, tbh if the album is amazing, numbers will align

I need her to have a critically acclaimed album that will just get the critics raving for her and hopefully get her a AOTY moment at the Grammys

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.