Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Spoiler


The movie starts with Dr. Harleen Quinzel waking up at her house. She lives with her mother (played by Glen Close) to take care of her. Her mother is a huge ***** and Harleen is never good enough for her. Harleen became a doctor just to make her mom proud and her mom could care less. Secretly, Harleen always wanted to be a singer, but she threw those dreams away and became a psychologist. 
 

Harleen recently accepted a high profile case. She is going to Arkham asylum to diagnose the newly added inmate, Arthur Fleck, who calls himself Joker. 
 

When Harleen first meets Arthur she is put off by him, but after a few meetings Arthur talks about murdering his own adopted mother. This makes Harleen emphatic towards Arthur and she starts having a crush on him. After many more meetings, Harleen starts telling Arthur about her life and talks about wanting to be a singer. Arthur encourages her to follow her dream and tells her that her mother is a manipulative *****. Harleen quits her job. 
 

Harleen tries pursing the entertainment industry, but no one is willing to give her a shot. Her mother talks **** to her every night. One night they get into a huge fight and Harleen brutally murders her mother. Harleen is then sent to Arkham. 
 

In Arkham, Harleen is reunited with Arthur. Arthur has become a leader to the inmates and takes Harleen under his wing. They fall in love. Arthur decides that he wants to help Harleen become a singer and orchestrates a talent show for all the inmates that Harleen will be the star. 
 

During Halreen’s big number at the talent show, the Joker uses the show as a distraction and has the inmates murder the guards and they all break out. After hitting the streets of Gotham, Joker starts to take over the city with his followers. It works out well but Joker starts giving Harleen less attention and Harleen realizes that Joker doesn’t really care about making her a star. Harleen kills Joker. Immediately after the movie a trailer plays for a solo Harley Quinn movie starring Gaga. 
 

On Oscar night, Gaga wins her 3rd and 4th Academy Award (she won 2 years earlier for Hold My Hand) for Best Actress and best original song. JFAD does better in the box office than the first Joker and Gaga is elected president of the United States during the 2024 presidential election 

 

My guess/fanfic about JFADs plot. Please read if you are bored 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Not being facetious but Alejandro is her best single in every way. I don't know how to go into deeper details, it's just the truth.

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Not being facetious but Alejandro is her best single in every way. I don't know how to go into deeper details, it's just the truth.

 

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Wait -- Paparazzi is first, then Alejandro.

Hopefully the LG7 lead joins these songs in Gaga’s Godly Single Trinity. 

people have seen the others and they're trying to go mega viral with these 

 

 

yes gaga yes vehicle to go mega viral :-*

1 hour ago, Pop Art said:

Please help me welcome my bf and fellow longtime Gaga stan @Enigmatica to this hellhole iconic site! I've been telling him about it since we met in 2021 and when I saw registrations were opening in January I told him he should join. :heart:

 

Some Gaga related facts about him/us:

 

- He thought he'd never see Gaga live, and even when we got tickets to the Chromatica Ball, he still didn't think it would happen until we were there.

- His ex's cat peed on his vinyl copy of Born This Way, so one of the gifts I got him for his first birthday when we were together was the UO red Born This Way vinyl.

- Getting him that BTW vinyl kickstarted a vinyl obsession in him that I may or may not regret.

- We camped out from about 1AM on RSD in June 2021 to make sure we got the RSD Chromatica vinyls.

- His favorite Gaga album used to be Born This Way, but now it's Chromatica.

- He has a slight lack of taste at times, as shown by his love of Stupid Love for example. :grump:

- He also exhibits taste at times though, like when he agreed with me that Alice should have been the lead single.

Welcome Little (literally) Monster! :gayliecat1:

 

I could be way off base to what's really going on behind the scenes, but from the outside looking in, something I've noticed is it feels like her team is kinda still working on the old model of a pop star era from like 2011 in that when they feel the well has run dry of hits from each album, they basically call the era a wrap. That used to be how it worked, but nowadays songs that don't have the typical embodiment of a hit can still provide massive (and perhaps most importantly, longterm) support to their parent albums, and I'm not sure if her team quite gets that or even cares to get it. The fact is it's been three eras in a row in the streaming era (Joanne, A Star Is Born, and Chromatica) where they basically did this and it's a bit concerning in my opinion. Was it likely that anything else from those albums would have been a Top 10 in the US (which for some reason I feel in my gut is a big barometer of single success to her team)? Probably not — even ARUTW would have had to work for that in my opinion. But it feels like they still left a lot of steam for the eras on the table by basically pulling the plug on them prematurely because there was no "hit" left on them.

 

Again, perhaps I'm all wrong but this is how it appears from an outsider's perspective. Maybe they do know about all this and just don't have a choice because Interscope is the one perpetuating it. Who knows, this is just my two cents on it anyways. :lee:

Hello everyone! I’m a huge Gaga stan and I’m so excited to be here. I’ve lurked ATRL on and off as life allows going back to 2013 i.e. Applause v. Roar. I’ve been active on and off on other forums (GGD, Popa911) going back to 2014, so forums aren’t new to me. Lady Gaga is my #1. :bird:
 

What's your name? Modern Ecstasy
Stan list? Lady Gaga. Then other artists that I like on varying levels in no particular order: ABBA, Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Cher, The Chicks, Dua Lipa, Kacey Musgraves, Katy Perry, Madonna, Rihanna, Taylor Swift. Many others that I probably missed.

Favorite performer? Lady Gaga

Arts or charts? Arts, but charts are always nice too 
How did you come across ATRL? I’ve lurked the forum for years going back to 2013 Applause v. Roar

What are your preferred pronouns? he/him
What music are you into? Pop music is my main, but I’ll listen to most anything wide-ranging. Grew up listening to anything from pop to rock to country etc.

What are your hobbies and interests outside of music? Work keeps me quite busy. Love spending time with my boyfriend, my cats, traveling, playing on my Switch, watching tv/movies, and reading.

1 hour ago, Pop Art said:

Please help me welcome my bf and fellow longtime Gaga stan @Enigmatica to this hellhole iconic site! I've been telling him about it since we met in 2021 and when I saw registrations were opening in January I told him he should join. :heart:

 

Some Gaga related facts about him/us:

 

- He thought he'd never see Gaga live, and even when we got tickets to the Chromatica Ball, he still didn't think it would happen until we were there.

- His ex's cat peed on his vinyl copy of Born This Way, so one of the gifts I got him for his first birthday when we were together was the UO red Born This Way vinyl.

- Getting him that BTW vinyl kickstarted a vinyl obsession in him that I may or may not regret.

- We camped out from about 1AM on RSD in June 2021 to make sure we got the RSD Chromatica vinyls.

- His favorite Gaga album used to be Born This Way, but now it's Chromatica.

- He has a slight lack of taste at times, as shown by his love of Stupid Love for example. :grump:

- He also exhibits taste at times though, like when he agreed with me that Alice should have been the lead single.

Thanks to everyone and your kind welcoming words :gaygacat5:

 

I am a Stupid Love stan... and what about it. I am also a big vinyl stan so I will be quick to sashay my way over to that thread as well.

 

Thank you all again :hug:

 

26 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

 

Hello everyone! I’m a huge Gaga stan and I’m so excited to be here. I’ve lurked ATRL on and off as life allows going back to 2013 i.e. Applause v. Roar. I’ve been active on and off on other forums (GGD, Popa911) going back to 2014, so forums aren’t new to me. Lady Gaga is my #1. :bird:
 

What's your name? Modern Ecstasy
Stan list? Lady Gaga. Then other artists that I like on varying levels in no particular order: ABBA, Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Cher, The Chicks, Dua Lipa, Kacey Musgraves, Katy Perry, Madonna, Rihanna, Taylor Swift. Many others that I probably missed.

Favorite performer? Lady Gaga

Arts or charts? Arts, but charts are always nice too 
How did you come across ATRL? I’ve lurked the forum for years going back to 2013 Applause v. Roar

What are your preferred pronouns? he/him
What music are you into? Pop music is my main, but I’ll listen to most anything wide-ranging. Grew up listening to anything from pop to rock to country etc.

What are your hobbies and interests outside of music? Work keeps me quite busy. Love spending time with my boyfriend, my cats, traveling, playing on my Switch, watching tv/movies, and reading.

Hello Modern Ecstacy, nice name!

Alejandro is the greatest pop song of all time (along with Careless Whisper) and that's that

 

4aRTopZ.gif

1 hour ago, Pop Art said:

Please help me welcome my bf and fellow longtime Gaga stan @Enigmatica to this hellhole iconic site! I've been telling him about it since we met in 2021 and when I saw registrations were opening in January I told him he should join. :heart:

 

Some Gaga related facts about him/us:

 

- He thought he'd never see Gaga live, and even when we got tickets to the Chromatica Ball, he still didn't think it would happen until we were there.

- His ex's cat peed on his vinyl copy of Born This Way, so one of the gifts I got him for his first birthday when we were together was the UO red Born This Way vinyl.

- Getting him that BTW vinyl kickstarted a vinyl obsession in him that I may or may not regret.

- We camped out from about 1AM on RSD in June 2021 to make sure we got the RSD Chromatica vinyls.

- His favorite Gaga album used to be Born This Way, but now it's Chromatica.

- He has a slight lack of taste at times, as shown by his love of Stupid Love for example. :grump:

- He also exhibits taste at times though, like when he agreed with me that Alice should have been the lead single.

8 minutes ago, Enigmatica said:

Thanks to everyone and your kind welcoming words :gaygacat5:

 

I am a Stupid Love stan... and what about it. I am also a big vinyl stan so I will be quick to sashay my way over to that thread as well.

 

Thank you all again :hug:

 

This is really cute :heart: Welcome! 

 

If you're looking for the Vinyl Talk thread: https://atrl.net/forums/topic/395927-vinyl-talk-fact-present-day-sales-of-vinyl-records-surpass-those-of-compact-discs/

 

 

24 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

 

Hello everyone! I’m a huge Gaga stan and I’m so excited to be here. I’ve lurked ATRL on and off as life allows going back to 2013 i.e. Applause v. Roar. I’ve been active on and off on other forums (GGD, Popa911) going back to 2014, so forums aren’t new to me. Lady Gaga is my #1. :bird:
 

What's your name? Modern Ecstasy
Stan list? Lady Gaga. Then other artists that I like on varying levels in no particular order: ABBA, Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Cher, The Chicks, Dua Lipa, Kacey Musgraves, Katy Perry, Madonna, Rihanna, Taylor Swift. Many others that I probably missed.

Favorite performer? Lady Gaga

Arts or charts? Arts, but charts are always nice too 
How did you come across ATRL? I’ve lurked the forum for years going back to 2013 Applause v. Roar

What are your preferred pronouns? he/him
What music are you into? Pop music is my main, but I’ll listen to most anything wide-ranging. Grew up listening to anything from pop to rock to country etc.

What are your hobbies and interests outside of music? Work keeps me quite busy. Love spending time with my boyfriend, my cats, traveling, playing on my Switch, watching tv/movies, and reading.

Welcome! :wave2: (and a PI-inspired username and avi? whew, the FLAVOUR :jonny6:)

2 minutes ago, charot said:

Hello Modern Ecstacy, nice name!

Thank you :heart:

 

also taste at the love for Alejandro in here! The ABBA/Ace of Base inspired bop never misses! :bam:

10 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Welcome! :wave2: (and a PI-inspired username and avi? whew, the FLAVOUR :jonny6:)

I used to be a huge PI hater, but lately I’ve seen the light. It’s such an underrated gem. The instrumental, her vocals, the music video. It deserved better! :celestial4:
It’s not my favorite Gaga song, but I thought of the username when I joined, and also like the aesthetic of the scene in my avi. The flashing lights, disjointed camera shots, her looking into the camera, singing into the microphone, her black jacket, etc. :bird:

Truly a perfect illusion methinks :jonny6:

Edited by Modern Ecstasy

44 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

I could be way off base to what's really going on behind the scenes, but from the outside looking in, something I've noticed is it feels like her team is kinda still working on the old model of a pop star era from like 2011 in that when they feel the well has run dry of hits from each album, they basically call the era a wrap. That used to be how it worked, but nowadays songs that don't have the typical embodiment of a hit can still provide massive (and perhaps most importantly, longterm) support to their parent albums, and I'm not sure if her team quite gets that or even cares to get it. The fact is it's been three eras in a row in the streaming era (Joanne, A Star Is Born, and Chromatica) where they basically did this and it's a bit concerning in my opinion. Was it likely that anything else from those albums would have been a Top 10 in the US (which for some reason I feel in my gut is a big barometer of single success to her team)? Probably not — even ARUTW would have had to work for that in my opinion. But it feels like they still left a lot of steam for the eras on the table by basically pulling the plug on them prematurely because there was no "hit" left on them.

 

Again, perhaps I'm all wrong but this is how it appears from an outsider's perspective. Maybe they do know about all this and just don't have a choice because Interscope is the one perpetuating it. Who knows, this is just my two cents on it anyways. :lee:

I think Interscope has the final say. In her past studio album eras, she always try to breathe a second life to her seemingly dead eras. See G.U.Y. after the whole ARTPOP release fiasco, John Wayne/Joanne months after the second single, 911 months after RoM. Her team tries, but it doesn't always resonate so Interscope sees that and doesn't get enthusiastic on trying again.

 

ARUTW can be an anomaly, but then again it isn't a proper era and it's attached to a movie that had already run its course.

4 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

I think Interscope has the final say. In her past studio album eras, she always try to breathe a second life to her seemingly dead eras. See G.U.Y. after the whole ARTPOP release fiasco, John Wayne/Joanne months after the second single, 911 months after RoM. Her team tries, but it doesn't always resonate so Interscope sees that and doesn't get enthusiastic on trying again.

 

ARUTW can be an anomaly, but then again it isn't a proper era and it's attached to a movie that had already run its course.

Good point, and this also kinda falls in line with them pulling Rain On Me from radio almost immediately after the callouts were meh instead of letting it simmer and allowing radio audiences to warm up to it as it happens often with many other songs. It's lowkey giving this base when we don't see immediate success and sniff even a hint of floppage. :deadbanana:

22 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

I used to be a huge PI hater, but lately I’ve seen the light. It’s such an underrated gem. The instrumental, her vocals, the music video. It deserved better! :celestial4:
It’s not my favorite Gaga song, but I thought of the username when I joined, and also like the aesthetic of the scene in my avi. The flashing lights, disjointed camera shots, her looking into the camera, singing into the microphone, her black jacket, etc. :bird:

Truly a perfect illusion methinks :jonny6:

Great decision :clap3:  

50 minutes ago, DockDock said:

https://twitter.com/lippredicts/status/1614413115432615937/photo/3



Prediction Bloody Mary at #60  +6 this week, riseeeeeeee

I thought the song was going to peak at 65 or something, but I feel hopeful with the new radio updates :heart:

1 hour ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

 

Hello everyone! I’m a huge Gaga stan and I’m so excited to be here. I’ve lurked ATRL on and off as life allows going back to 2013 i.e. Applause v. Roar. I’ve been active on and off on other forums (GGD, Popa911) going back to 2014, so forums aren’t new to me. Lady Gaga is my #1. :bird:
 

What's your name? Modern Ecstasy
Stan list? Lady Gaga. Then other artists that I like on varying levels in no particular order: ABBA, Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Cher, The Chicks, Dua Lipa, Kacey Musgraves, Katy Perry, Madonna, Rihanna, Taylor Swift. Many others that I probably missed.

Favorite performer? Lady Gaga

Arts or charts? Arts, but charts are always nice too 
How did you come across ATRL? I’ve lurked the forum for years going back to 2013 Applause v. Roar

What are your preferred pronouns? he/him
What music are you into? Pop music is my main, but I’ll listen to most anything wide-ranging. Grew up listening to anything from pop to rock to country etc.

What are your hobbies and interests outside of music? Work keeps me quite busy. Love spending time with my boyfriend, my cats, traveling, playing on my Switch, watching tv/movies, and reading.

You had me at ABBA :gaygacat5:

 

Welcome!

7 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

:dies:

Truly an icon across generations. Elementary schools, graduations, family reunions, weddings, nursing homes, funerals, etc. :matty:

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Not being facetious but Alejandro is her best single in every way. I don't know how to go into deeper details, it's just the truth.

 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Wait -- Paparazzi is first, then Alejandro.

I do agree, miss papa is truly one of her best singles (if not the best), sadly it's usually forgagatten in this base :giraffe:  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.