Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ATRL Moderator

These wishes and predictions. :skull:

She needa sit down and develop an album that’s on brand yet trendy. Along with balancing good songwriting-wordplay and bops. 

 

+ she needs to stop allowing herself and friends overproducing sh*t, save that for the remixes. 

+ she can remain pop but with a more mature approach and twist maybe a rock, ballad, or R&B/Soul influence. Much like how she did Europop with TFM. 

 

spacer.png

 

5 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I've said for a while that Gaga's next album needs to be something Celine Dion-esque.

 

Serve us some ballads, 1-2 upbeat bops, and mostly stay in the adult contemporary universe where Shallow and ARTUW can slay, especially if she features an A-lister or two on the album.

 

If she wants to give the gays a classic like Judas, just have it be a one-off like The Cure.  

This is an idea of absolute hell. Do people want this because it might be successful or you’d genuinely want that kind of music? Celine Dion’s albums are basically forgotten. She should be looking to serve something acclaimed and revolutionary like Ray of Light.

 

It sounds like you want her to be the next P!nk or something 

1 minute ago, AidanUnderYou said:

This is an idea of absolute hell.

thank god someone said it

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952bb6f5bb4b49547dd71

12 minutes ago, PlERRE said:

Some of the moments as a liddo that altered my brain chemistry.

 

•Swine performance with the girl vomiting on her a green milkshake while she was in a mechanical bull. 

•The FAME perfume launch sleeping performance. 

•The skype ball 

•Everything around the DWUW MV. 

•"She played some songs from the new album from her car last night". 

•The Eau de Gaga comercial, she's naked with 503 guys and some random song with Tony is the background :ahh:

•The Judas artwork and the BTW Album cover being called "fake" because it was supposed to be the third betrayal :deadbanana:

•The truth is in my red lipstick/dot/032886. 

•When the first image from the V magazine ARTPOP photoshoot leaked and you saw tons of naked liddos replicating the photo on LittleMonsters.com 

•First time we saw the blue wig from enigma. 

It’s been such a wild ride stanning her from the beginning, she is such a legend.

 

- Dope performance at YouTube awards :rip:

- artRAVE live stream, the worldwide debut of Volantis :deadbanana:

- Liddos making up Element of Crime / Private in Public / Hooker on a Church Corner and running with it :toofunny2:

- Cake Like Lady Gaga (both the song and the Terry Richardson directed visual)

- The Edge of Glory music video drama, Joseph Kahn’s meltdown, the final product we received and the meltdowns that ensued

- Literally anything revolving around LittleMonsters.com

- Arriving at the Grammys in an egg

- Performing with the Rolling Stones in 2012, only four years into her career. LEGEND. I remember the livestream and everyone on G*g*d*ly freaking out like it was yesterday

- Her acting as Jo Calderone throughout the entirety of the 2012(?) VMAs, including her performance :rip:

- ARTPOP era Twitter meltdowns, Perez Hilton allegedly stalking her

12 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I've said for a while that Gaga's next album needs to be something Celine Dion-esque.

 

Serve us some ballads, 1-2 upbeat bops, and mostly stay in the adult contemporary universe where Shallow and ARTUW can slay, especially if she features an A-lister or two on the album.

 

If she wants to give the gays a classic like Judas, just have it be a one-off like The Cure.  

Why do y’all want her to be boring so bad

13 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I've said for a while that Gaga's next album needs to be something Celine Dion-esque.

 

Serve us some ballads, 1-2 upbeat bops, and mostly stay in the adult contemporary universe where Shallow and ARTUW can slay, especially if she features an A-lister or two on the album.

 

If she wants to give the gays a classic like Judas, just have it be a one-off like The Cure.  

Come back when she’s 55, we agreed on that years ago.

Edited by DonnieDarko

  • ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, AidanUnderYou said:

This is an idea of absolute hell. Do people want this because it might be successful or you’d genuinely want that kind of music? Celine Dion’s albums are basically forgotten. She should be looking to serve something acclaimed and revolutionary like Ray of Light.

 

It sounds like you want her to be the next P!nk or something 

Since Joanne, shes stuck her nose deeply in the ballad/adult-contemporary market. Which received high acclaim. 
 

I think there should be a balance of some sort. Chromatica she shown she can do the balance but it was too safe of an approach. 

  • ATRL Moderator

Another issue is she kinda morphed herself into being this “mom-like” celeb who sings jazz and ballads. 
 

So seeing her fully revert back to the woman we met during TF-TFM-BTW comes off try-hard and a parody version of herself. Which is why I think she should balance and have a more mature approach. 

Little managers is the most accurate nickname for our base 

  • ATRL Moderator

I mean, everyone knows that Gaga is on her journey to be our generation's Barbra Streisand.  Why not embrace it?

 

 

  • ATRL Moderator
Just now, DonnieDarko said:

No. This take is one of the worst ideas ever. Stop @khalyan

:flower: 

 

I mean as a personal fan, I got the closest to my 90s/00s house album with Chromatica that I think I'll ever get from Gaga.  I just want her to give the GeePee a track or two that'll catch on as greatly as Shallow and ARUTW did.

 

Maybe, reverse my idea and have her debut a few adult contemporary tracks as one-offs and she can stick with the gay pop bops we all love

3 minutes ago, khalyan said:

:flower: 

 

I mean as a personal fan, I got the closest to my 90s/00s house album with Chromatica that I think I'll ever get from Gaga.  I just want her to give the GeePee a track or two that'll catch on as greatly as Shallow and ARUTW did.

 

Maybe, reverse my idea and have her debut a few adult contemporary tracks as one-offs and she can stick with the gay pop bops we all love

But why Celine Dion? Both of those songs are as bland as they can be. I get what you’re saying, I do but Celine is not the way. Gaga still has it in her to deliver outstanding memorable work for years to come. 

Ga going full on HAC Kelly Clarkson'd ballads on us would be legit my 911. I know she wont though. Maybe 1-3 ballads per album.

 

She should give us great stadium rock anthems instead.

Edited by State of Grace.

  • ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, DonnieDarko said:

But why Celine Dion? Both of those songs are as bland as they can be. I get what you’re saying, I do but Celine is not the way. Gaga still has it in her to deliver outstanding memorable work for years to come. 

Because to me, Celine epitomizes a marriage between current (at the time) pop, adult contemporary, and a beautiful vocal showcase. It made her music easily enjoyable to almost all ages, I remember bopping to Celine songs in school all the time.

 

And maybe it's because I'm older, but I can't imagine Gaga releasing songs like Bloody Mary/Judas/Paparazzi/Bad Romance/Alejandro/Applause without it coming off like she's cosplaying herself anymore.  

  • ATRL Moderator
Just now, State of Grace. said:

She should give us great stadium rock anthems instead.

God I would absolutely hate this and immediately unstan. 

The incoming collapse when her first IG post in months ends up being a Joker II look :jonny:

1 minute ago, Bhabylon said:

The incoming collapse when her first IG post in months ends up being a Joker II look :jonny:

When do you think we should expect a trailer for it to come out?

1 minute ago, UThinkUrMovinOnBut said:

When do you think we should expect a trailer for it to come out?

The movie doesn’t come out until 2024, so I wouldn’t expect a trailer until next year tbh :rip:

1 minute ago, khalyan said:

God I would absolutely hate this and immediately unstan. 

Thats like You And I / TEOG on steroids excuse meeee :jonny5:

2 minutes ago, UThinkUrMovinOnBut said:

When do you think we should expect a trailer for it to come out?

First teaser could come by March of 2024, a full on trailer maybe May (at the earliest).

  • ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Thats like You And I / TEOG on steroids excuse meeee :jonny5:

My least faves from BTW :deadbanana:

re: the Celine topic, I'd love for Godga to attempt and serve a MHWGO-esque classic.

 

She will already did it with IWALY/INLA

 

wendy-williams-2.thumb.jpg.ff2691130ee3e

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.