Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, TheLastChord said:

I mean, Margot indeed made the character go mainstream, but all the movies she played the character in were failures one way or another, so there's that

 

ezgif-4-d58bc4edc8.gif

The main draw for Margot's Harley is that she is both hot and insane, that's it.  She took zero risks and brought nothing new.  Maybe this appeased comic fans, but it certainly didn't put butts in seats for a side character like FaD will.  :chick1:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’m kind of jealous of the Adele and Taylor stans. It just seems so easy to be them. The monsters have to fight. Like obviously Gaga outtalents them in every way, but sometimes I wanna be able to have a blockbuster smash era to just drag some people with instead of having to rely on logic and quality. 

Why y’all so obsessed with “winning”? Just enjoy the fact that we get music and movies (and make up :eli:) while Taylor stans have to pretend Red (Taylor’s Version) is better than the original. 

11 hours ago, DoctorIce said:

We don't need another Ibiza playlist that ages like unsterilised milk. :coffee2:

I just know @DonnieDarko is screaming, crying and throwing up after reading this post :ahh:

49 minutes ago, anklebiterrs said:

Why y’all so obsessed with “winning”? Just enjoy the fact that we get music and movies 

I enjoy the stan wars and it’s getting boring lately. TFM and ASIB eras were fun for dunking on the haters. 

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’m kind of jealous of the Adele and Taylor stans. It just seems so easy to be them. The monsters have to fight. Like obviously Gaga outtalents them in every way, but sometimes I wanna be able to have a blockbuster smash era to just drag some people with instead of having to rely on logic and quality. 

I see what you mean. MovieGa is the equivalent of them, which sucks for someone who prefers her music career, but oh well

Like, a Gaga movie is destined to smash and everyone will stan it and watch it, but with a pop era, it's always 'we will see' more onto the negative side but oh well

11 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

I see what you mean. MovieGa is the equivalent of them, which sucks for someone who prefers her music career, but oh well

Like, a Gaga movie is destined to smash and everyone will stan it and watch it, but with a pop era, it's always 'we will see' more onto the negative side but oh well

I don’t get why there is a disconnect with MovieGa vs PopGa. I guess Gaga’s brand of pop is too gay or too camp for the gp even if they like her in general. 

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I don’t get why there is a disconnect with MovieGa vs PopGa. I guess Gaga’s brand of pop is too gay or too camp for the gp even if they like her in general. 

Is it too camp or gay tho? All of her songs that are getting tiktok attention fron genz are from her campiest and gayest years.

1 hour ago, Santhosh said:

I just know @DonnieDarko is screaming, crying and throwing up after reading this post :ahh:

More like laughing at his lack of really basic knowledge about music.

:cm:
 

Gonna logout for a couple of days, so I won’t see the possible replies. Lol. 

Edited by DonnieDarko

12 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Is it too camp or gay tho? All of her songs that are getting tiktok attention fron genz are from her campiest and gayest years.

Straight men run the charts though, and Gaga is straight guy repellent. 

1 hour ago, Santhosh said:

I just know @DonnieDarko is screaming, crying and throwing up after reading this post :ahh:

Gatekeeping Chromatica has become his whole personality at this point, dude is so cringe :dies:

Sorry if it was already posted, but this Brendan Fraser tiktok went viral and it already has +13m views! 

 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNwpC8Wk/

 

The impact :clap3:

 

 

2 hours ago, Santhosh said:

I just know @DonnieDarko is screaming, crying and throwing up after reading this post :ahh:

He learned to cope by pretending 90's house is an underground genre that everyone but him is too dumb to understand, even though it was simply mainstream pop music that the mostly millennial population of ATRL and this thread also grew up with 20/25 years ago. :dies: 

 

5aqoih.jpg

 

OT: Head stuck in a cycle, he logs off but still stares. :eli:

1 hour ago, Rhiannon said:

Sorry if it was already posted, but this Brendan Fraser tiktok went viral and it already has +13m views! 

 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNwpC8Wk/

 

The impact :clap3:

 

 

Impact but these standing ovations over 2 mins are so f**king cringe. Do the people applauding keep stopwatches and make sure their applause is ranked in terms of time or what. 

Seems like standing ovation at Venice Festival is a thing now... :eli:

11 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Wasn't that Hold My Panned :gaycat5:

 

Anyway, ASIB didn't smash because it was ballads or more "adult". It just served undeniable quality that showcased the breadth of her talent. She needs to take a quality first approach beyond anything else.

 

The whole "ASIB smashed so the public only wants that" gives Hollywood trying to recreate Game of Thrones with a bunch of other fantasy shows and all of them bombing. Or Netflix releasing one forgotten romcom after the other because some were successful before. :toofunny3:

I do agree it was undeniable quality first and foremost. However, ASIB perfectly targeted her weaknesses. They got rid of her Gaga identity (which put casuals off) attached her to a film that was promoted and smashed (she needs the right promo), and had her doing timeless music released around the right period of time (she has a longevity issue) . Its not easy for Gaga or any woman at her age to get dance smashes like it’s 2009 and that’s why the ballads came about.

 
She only has BTW as a song outside her debut era that hit 400m on streaming that is dance and not with Ariana Grande.  I do think genre absolutely comes into play with Gaga and not just streaming her presence with acclaim. I do love all her music tho 

Edited by Mr. Stratus

24 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

I do agree it was undeniable quality first and foremost. However, ASIB perfectly targeted her weaknesses. They got rid of her Gaga identity (which put casuals off) attached her to a film that was promoted and smashed (she needs the right promo), and had her doing timeless music released around the right period of time (she has a longevity issue) . Its not easy for Gaga or any woman at her age to get dance smashes like it’s 2009 and that’s why the ballads came about.

 
She only has BTW as a song outside her debut era that hit 400m on streaming that is dance and not with Ariana Grande.  I do think genre absolutely comes into play with Gaga and not just streaming her presence with acclaim. I do love all her music tho 

We’ve had enough ballads from Joanne and ASIB though by now. If Gaga sticks with dance she’ll eventually break through with it. 
 

OT: Applause hasn’t hit 400M on Spotify? :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, anklebiterrs said:

Impact but these standing ovations over 2 mins are so f**king cringe. Do the people applauding keep stopwatches and make sure their applause is ranked in terms of time or what. 

Tb to this amazing, non-cringe MOMENT :jonnycat: 

 

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

Seeing Enigma live made me realize its one of her best songs. I never used it before probably because its placement on Chromaticas tracklisting between Sour Candy and Replay is god awful and makes no sense

AFTER BORN THIS WAY, ALL OF GAR'S RELEASE SUCKS

ARTPOP SUCKS.

CTC SUCKS.

JOANNE SUCKS.

ASIB SUCKS,BRADLEY SOUNS LIKE A DYING GOAT IN SOME SONGS

CHROMATICA SUCKS

LFS SUCKS.

PessimisticInfiniteHousefly-max-1mb.gif

Edited by dedro

17 hours ago, DoctorIce said:

We don't need another Ibiza playlist that ages like unsterilised milk. 

ROM, MR, DWUW were fantastic, some of my favourite songs by her but they overshadowed their parent album, or could’ve had way better MVs, or were messy in some way. I support anything the woman puts out; even buying haus labs for friends, colleagues, and family :dies:

 

And yes I do understand arguments about commercial, but  creativity and passion coukd bring commercial success and critical - we want real substance behind projects and not narratives that we’ve been getting that tend to burn out E.g. return to dance and gays! Tony’s last album hype! 

 

like what ms. @Marry Illusion Glory said 

ezgif-4-d58bc4edc8.gif

4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I don’t get why there is a disconnect with MovieGa vs PopGa. I guess Gaga’s brand of pop is too gay or too camp for the gp even if they like her in general. 

I have never thought of Gaga's music as "too gay". To me, "too gay" music is bubblegum pop like Carly Rae Jepsen. 

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

We’ve had enough ballads from Joanne and ASIB though by now. If Gaga sticks with dance she’ll eventually break through with it. 
 

OT: Applause hasn’t hit 400M on Spotify? :deadbanana2:

Well… look at the two girls that debuted with Gaga - where are Katy and Kesha now? Katy is constantly doing the same genre and same thing where is that getting her :toofunny2: 

 

Gaga did immensely well to get where she has got to. She had ALOT  against her. I do think a lot of it is bad management too, ARTPOP could’ve done well better with different PR and choices. But yes outside of TFM, I can see why they chose to go the route they did with for Gaga

Edited by Mr. Stratus

8 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

 

Miss Combat Journalist about to solve whatever happened with the Don't Worry Darling cast. 

 

ezgif-4-d58bc4edc8.gif

 

 

 gaga is just so iconic

29 minutes ago, dedro said:

AFTER BORN THIS WAY, ALL OF GAR'S RELEASE SUCKS

ARTPOP SUCKS.

CTC SUCKS.

JOANNE SUCKS.

ASIB SUCKS,BRADLEY SOUNS LIKE A DYING GOAT IN SOME SONGS

CHROMATICA SUCKS

LFS SUCKS.

PessimisticInfiniteHousefly-max-1mb.gif

lucille-bluth-arrested-development.gif

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.