Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Kelly Clarkson

Featured Replies

  • Replies 6.9k
  • Views 621.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I texted @Bloo tonight and told him I’m gonna do a Kelly takeover this weekend for ATRL. If you have any suggestions on things we should tweet out or do for the site, let is know. She’s gonna be on th

  • This was an amazing cover. More than anything, I want Kelly to land a major cinematic theme song like MHWGO or IWALY. She has the voice for it and, if it did well, it could be a hit for her. I would l

  • no shade but I expect more from her 1st independent release. she now has 100% creative control + freedom and the first thing she releases sounds like her last 2 albums   give us the country

I finally listened to whatever the angels provided. 

The intro guitar to Old time-y Actor is great. It gives me alt-rock vibes. But then when her vocals come in with the digital drums, it's total pop. But done so tastefully. It's somewhat of a bridge between the early 2000s pop beat and some current ones at the same time. 

The chorus is 100% KC. It almost feels like the arrangement drank from the same pool as Mr. Know it All. 

When it comes to the Taylor Swift homonymous song...  Well, it wasn't exactly my cup of tea. But I guess it's a bridge and I understand why it's a single. It builds much more than the other one. 

Honestly, the album has everything to produce a hit. It's modern but there's a 2000 nostalgic feeling in some aspects and it echoes some of her earlier stuff that people remember. 

 

Edited by Sni2

RH should've been the lead. It's a SMASH. :jonny6:

Edited by Black Berry

31 minutes ago, Black Berry said:

After hearing Me/Mine snippets and RH ... RH should've been the lead. It's a SMASH. :jonny6:

Well, I agree with you. But at the same time, we listened to what seems to be a bridge of Mine. I understand from a commercial POV why Mine sounds much more like a single, but Rock Hudson really seems well done. I'm mostly torn. 

Edited by Sni2

i'm still stuck on the idea that mine and me might be the same song from different perspectives. that would actually be really cool.

Based on the snippet, Mine is a crying ballad that the gp can resonate with. I think it’s a safer choice for a lead single.

12 minutes ago, Kwasi said:

Those guitars on RH sound so good! I love it. 

do you think that's my future husband Jaco playing??

Rock Hudson lyrics (that I could decipher):

 

First verse:

You were my Rock Hudson, it was real but it wasn't

 

Chorus:

You can blame it on me, I don't care what you think

I .......... I found out what he was ..........

1 hour ago, DEGUOM said:

do you think that's my future husband Jaco playing??

Honestly? I think it's Aben Eubanks. 

If someone is tweeting the clips, I’m assuming it’s without an attached tweet because no key words are bringing up the tweets. 

Chemistry out June 23rd !!!

via censor from pulse :duca:

Edited by kelli101

1 minute ago, kelli101 said:

Chemistry out June 24th !!!

via censor from pulse :duca:

I just looked on Hits Daily Double and so far only Jason Mraz is releasing that day and Nial is two weeks before 

Just now, RealityBites said:

I just looked on Hits Daily Double and so far only Jason Mraz is releasing that day and Nial is two weeks before 

Sorry I just edited the post it’s the 23rd apparently. Censor has been the one with the most reliable info. 

8 hours ago, Sni2 said:

Honestly? I think it's Aben Eubanks. 

Oh I think you're right! How could I forget Aben :smitten:

are there snippets? what's goin lol i just woke up

Omg the little clip of mine- sounds amazing. People saying “Me” is even better :duca:

 

RH- is a slay too 

Honestly save yourself for the record. The clips aren’t great quality. The tracks sound amazing- but yeah I kinda wish I hadn’t sort after them. 

26 minutes ago, kelli101 said:

Honestly save yourself for the record. The clips aren’t great quality. The tracks sound amazing- but yeah I kinda wish I hadn’t sort after them. 

I am not listening to any of the clips. I wanna be excited when listening. I want to have the full experience 

1 minute ago, RealityBites said:

I am not listening to any of the clips. I wanna be excited when listening. I want to have the full experience 

This- like she’s worked so hard on this album. I’m a fool for seeking them out. Like you do you and go find them but your robbing yourself of an experience. And from what I’ve heard it is one :flame:

 

3 minutes ago, Black Berry said:

Pulse closed their Kelly thread 

Just saw that! Wild.

 

 

OT: I've heard from "industry" friends that they're getting to hear mine for the first time today and that it's more of a ballad.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.