Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Kelly Clarkson

Featured Replies

People are allowed to not like all KC songs. Some of ya'll need to get off your high horses.

 

Anyway, I actually find RFC cute. Wish the western parts were present throughout the whole song.

  • Replies 6.9k
  • Views 624.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I texted @Bloo tonight and told him I’m gonna do a Kelly takeover this weekend for ATRL. If you have any suggestions on things we should tweet out or do for the site, let is know. She’s gonna be on th

  • This was an amazing cover. More than anything, I want Kelly to land a major cinematic theme song like MHWGO or IWALY. She has the voice for it and, if it did well, it could be a hit for her. I would l

  • no shade but I expect more from her 1st independent release. she now has 100% creative control + freedom and the first thing she releases sounds like her last 2 albums   give us the country

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

I think why those lines don’t fit for me is that it seems to be about how Brandon is acting post the during the divorce. Him taking her towels and money and blaming the split on her… can’t be red flags because his behavior after the split isn’t a precursor or a sign that they shouldn’t be together.

 

I mentioned it earlier, but one “red flag” you could allude to is that he called her political views out on Twitter in 2015 (well ahead of the divorce). That sharp disparity in world views probably bled into the relationship and would be an obvious red flag. That’s kinda the red flag I had in mind going into the song and she obviously didn’t take that route so it feels off. 
 

But, like I said, even if the song title were different (let’s say it’s “Wild Wild West”), that wouldn’t really change my feelings towards the song. It’d remove my criticism about the title sure. But I still feel the song is generic lyrically and feels like a rehash of other songs: “go ahead and break my heart that’s fine” (mine) and “drag my name round town, I don’t mind” (red flag collector).

 

The album is starting to feel samey at this point. It’d be cool to see how she feels about unexpectedly being a single mother. How does that make her feel? Does she feel prepared to do it since she grew up with a single mom? There’s soooooooo many directions she could take this album in and it just feels stuck lyrically on one expression of, “Yeah, we’re divorced but I don’t mind cause I’m fine on my own.” And sure, say that, but that’s not enough to support an album.

 

I haven’t heard the whole album so maybe that’s in there. But we shall see. But I hope that at least clarifies what my issues are. It’s not just the title. 

It honestly sounds like she came up with the title, thought it was cute, and added it into a song that was already done. No matter how people try to spin it, the title doesn’t fit the lyrics. The fact that y’all can only list one mentioned “red flag” which isn’t a red flag says it all.

1 hour ago, Pilantra said:

What the f*** are y'all on about? Shut up and enjoy the music.

Well we’re trying..

  • ATRL Moderator

The magic snippet I heard sounded really nice. I’m really hoping that songs comes through especially if she keeps mentioning it. 

27 minutes ago, DEGUOM said:

You know it's bad when this base is being called out on other boards for all the dramatic pessimistic posts :deadbanana4:

 

spacer.png

If you’re referring to my post being quoted on Pulse today, then I hate to burst your bubble but it wasn’t being “called out” or dragged. Somebody on Pulse said they agreed with my point of view and felt like it resonated with their views of the new songs. So my “pessimistic” post was actually shared and appreciated by a fellow KC stan. Lo and behold! 

3 minutes ago, Baby Boy said:

It honestly sounds like she came up with the title, thought it was cute, and added it into a song that was already done. No matter how people try to spin it, the title doesn’t fit the lyrics. The fact that y’all can only list one mentioned “red flag” which isn’t a red flag says it all.

The fact that y'all are still so fixated on finding specific "red flags" after all my analysis on why that's not what the song is about says it all :jonny: You're entitled to not like the song, but I will die on this hill that the lyrics and theme are really clever.

  • ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

:eatpopcorn:

Lowkey same. This is the most action this base has seen in a while.

Hmm I wonder if many people are being this negative because the rollout for this era has been abysmal and that we are not getting anything visually creative like a music video. That's my frustration with Kelly sometime. She and her team are great when it comes to making music, but are so so lazy being creative visually. Kelly does not put any effort into her music videos like Pink, Taylor or Gaga do. It's a miracle the album cover came out great and I credit that to the photographer, Brian. The era would be a lot more exciting if they put effort into the visual aspect of the music as well as a better promo rollout. To the general audience, she's a boring pop artist with a great voice. It is what it is. Her best days as a singer are behind her now. Moving forward she will become more of a television personality which is fine as she is entertaining and good with people. 

4 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Hmm I wonder if many people are being this negative because the rollout for this era has been abysmal and that we are not getting anything visually creative like a music video. That's my frustration with Kelly sometime. She and her team are great when it comes to making music, but are so so lazy being creative visually. Kelly does not put any effort into her music videos like Pink, Taylor or Gaga do. It's a miracle the album cover came out great and I credit that to the photographer, Brian. The era would be a lot more exciting if they put effort into the visual aspect of the music as well as a better promo rollout. To the general audience, she's a boring pop artist with a great voice. It is what it is. Her best days as a singer are behind her now. Moving forward she will become more of a television personality which is fine as she is entertaining and good with people. 

Now hold up lol. She sounds the best she has ever sounded. 

Hey, I'm not following the interviews. But I've seen someone on KC Express saying she mentioned Conan. Does anyone knows what is this about?

2 minutes ago, Heartbeat Song said:

Now hold up lol. She sounds the best she has ever sounded. 

i didn't say that. she is indeed vocally amazing at this point in her career. i just think she's boring as a pop artist as she puts little to no effort into the visual part of her music. i enjoy her as a singer, but not as a pop artist. i mean look at other singers that have less resources than kelly and they put a lot of effort to have creative visual for their music. for example, carly rae jepsen with her recent album.

That Jane Black version of High Road is actually really good! 

8 minutes ago, Sni2 said:

Hey, I'm not following the interviews. But I've seen someone on KC Express saying she mentioned Conan. Does anyone knows what is this about?

she's gonna be on his podcast.  

55 minutes ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

If you’re referring to my post being quoted on Pulse today, then I hate to burst your bubble but it wasn’t being “called out” or dragged. Somebody on Pulse said they agreed with my point of view and felt like it resonated with their views of the new songs. So my “pessimistic” post was actually shared and appreciated by a fellow KC stan. Lo and behold! 

That's not what I was referring to... LOL :ace:

 

spacer.png

 

14 minutes ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

That Jane Black version of High Road is actually really good! 

Of course you would like that version :dies:

Just now, DEGUOM said:

That's not what I was referring to... LOL :ace:

 

spacer.png

 

Okay, cool. Let’s hug it out, Judy. :chick1:

When she dropped Me & Mine I thought we would get her version of 21. But so far it looks like we're getting Stronger 2.0

The songs are cute - it's radio fodder.

I LOVE Stronger but I thought the music would be personal and passionate.

5 minutes ago, DEGUOM said:

Of course you would like that version :dies:

And what about it? No need to try and shame me or make it a laughing matter that I like a particular song. That’s not cool. I’m sure you’ll find that me liking or disliking a particular song doesn’t take away from how you experience and enjoy music. 

Not the biggest fan of RFC, like others, I thought there would be more red flags listed that she should have noticed before they got together, sort of a retrospective on the relationship, but it didn't live up to that expectation. I still really love that title. BUT, I do really like the live version, as I have with the other songs. It sort of reminds me (instrumentally) of ur just h*rny by Gayle.

 

20 hours ago, Heartbeat Song said:

Also, isn't RFC sort of the first/strongest confirmation that he cheated? 

I think we also got this in Me ("too many times you questioned, what were my intentions, I never gave you reasons, you're the one with secrets") and songs from WCCA like others mentioned.

Edited by kellysclarkson

I can understand RFC isn't for everyone sonically but lyrically? It's cute. The line about the towels (from her livestreams), the name change, the cowboy dig - it's sassy

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.