Kelly Clarkson

Phoenixstar

2 hours ago, KCAus2020 said:

Retweet or Quote retweet and make a reply comment under it. The more interactions it has, the more it gets boosted and people see it. Don’t spam it though. You can do this for any KC content you see online. Interact with it, just don’t spam replies or stuff on it.

It now has over half a million views there on Twitter. But on TikTok it has millions. It hit over a million in just a few hours on KC’s official IG too! 

I’m glad they did these flashmob signing videos. It is bringing a lot of views/ followers to her socials. Especially TikTok. 

The Chemistry album is also charting at #70 on Apple music with only the 5 songs out currently. :)  Obviously we don’t know how her numbers will do when it’s released, but it’s nice seeing it charting and her have a nice viral moment.

Edited by Ab1818

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

I've been out of the music charts loop for a bit... will all these streams/views count toward her first week sales for the album?

6 hours ago, Heartbeat Song said:

Pop iTunes 

#12 - RFC

#51 - mine

#73 - me 

#87 - FKOH

#108 - IHL

Maybe the strategy of releasing something every week is doing a good job of keeping people aware of all of the new music. This is the first time non Kelly fans seem aware of what will likely just be album tracks. For example on MOL it seemed like people only  knew about LSS (but they weren't really into it). With each song getting a good amount of buzz each week, I think more and more people are getting aware of the new album coming. 

Also, the clip of me in the coffee shop is gaining traction. Interesting that it's climbing past the other more recent releases despite it getting the least attention, release wise. 

Me definitely seeing traction from the coffee shop performance. 

Pop iTunes 

#12 - RFC

#47 - mine 

#49 - me 

#104 - FKOH

#108 - IHL

• Like 1

Looking over my spreadsheet this morning, the release strategy could actually have been quite smart - we shall wait until end of year though to assess properly though.

When I last did a full audit of Spotify, MoL project (so all remixes - as I look at it from a whole era perspective, which I imagine labels would do) had around 240m streams, 90m of which from LSS. We know that LSS had good digital download numbers for the era it was released, but this shows without a hit single, it counted for just shy of a third of the streams on Spotify.

chemistry currently has 18.5m streams, again with no hit single yet (and without the digital download numbers), but assuming FKOH isn’t released as a single (which it might very well be in the future), it would be doing pretty solid numbers for an album track (remix included). By release of the album I’d anticipate:

mine: 10m (just shy of)

mine remix: 900k

(so mine total would be 11m)

me: 4m

fkoh: 5m

fkoh guetta: 3m

(so FKOH total would be 8m)

ihl: 2m

rfc: 1m

so that would give the era a total of around 26m before the album drops. (I’m aware not *great* numbers but not awful awful if there’s a big single incoming). 

SO IF they have been saving songs with greater single potential (lighthouse, down to you, rock hudoson etc) for album release, the “weaker” album tracks will have garnered more streams than MoL’s ones had by end of 1 year.

if they play out the era to be:

• second single released with album (week before/after etc)

• third single autumn 

• push SCYHM this Xmas 

• release new single from bonus version January with deluxe album

we’d probably have an overall better era than MoL in terms of streaming. 

I suppose my only genuine gripe with this release is that mine didn’t kick off the era better. It’s a good song, and it feels like they tried to emulate HTE (structure), which has done well on streaming for a random cover, but currently both versions combined dailies already outstream mine. 

anyways, I’m looking forward to seeing how this era develops, but I do sincerely hope we get some bigger pushes for singles. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heartbeat Song said:

Pop iTunes 

#12 - RFC

#47 - mine 

#49 - me 

#104 - FKOH

#108 - IHL

Interesting! Let’s hope it translates into streams too cos iTunes probably would be in the tens of downloads (the hundreds of we’re lucky) 

7 hours ago, Heartbeat Song said:

Pop iTunes 

#12 - RFC

#47 - mine 

#49 - me 

#104 - FKOH

#108 - IHL

me zoomed past mine. Flash mob promo is actually working. No other reason for it to suddenly 

Pop iTunes 

#13 - RFC

#39 - me

#50 - mine

#100 - IHL

#109 - FKOH

We now have 3 songs in top 200 

Overlall iTunes 

#50 - RFC

#152 - me 

#181 - mine 

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, DEGUOM said:

I've been out of the music charts loop for a bit... will all these streams/views count toward her first week sales for the album?

I don't think so. The streams/sales should be counted during the tracking of the first week.

I think the total amount of streams/sales can be counted when it comes to certifications things. For example Kelly adds a smash hit to the album, and the album would be elegible to be certified platinum/gold since the day it's released.

21 minutes ago, kelly-clarkson said:

I don't think so. The streams/sales should be counted during the tracking of the first week.

I think the total amount of streams/sales can be counted when it comes to certifications things. For example Kelly adds a smash hit to the album, and the album would be elegible to be certified platinum/gold since the day it's released.

Thanks! That makes sense. So they'll count for total sales overall, but only the tracking week will count toward first-week sales.

Just preparing myself for streaming overload that week! :jamming:

Infatuatedsoul87 from the KCE mentioned how RCF sounded musically like Tie It Up, and I’ve had TIU in my mind for a few days now sooooooo maybe there is something??

I don’t really hear the similarities musically, but the cover art did make me think of it because of the flags being tied together, and I believe Brandon was used as the stand in for the photo shoot with her arm tied to his.

She’s getting millions of views for the coffee shop singing video! Being reposted by so many outlets and accounts.  :clap3:

These next couple of weeks we’ll get:

-Zane Lowe interview 

-The Glennon Doyle podcast

-The Conan O’Brien podcast

-Miss Indepodcast podcast (?She hinted at it)

-Seems like another Apple Music interview 

-A late night tv appearance (?She hinted at it)

-CD signing in New York

-Full Belasco Show (probably on YouTube

Did I miss anything?? There’s also a mysterious thing with her wearing a yellow dress also at the Belasco, the Today Show concert series, and maybe other surprise concerts in New York she has hinted at, but no word on when these will be happening.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Heartbeat Song said:

What a nice read! I’ve not really followed pop for a while, what would other likely contenders for nomination be? Pink? Ed? Harry?

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

What a nice read! I’ve not really followed pop for a while, what would other likely contenders for nomination be? Pink? Ed? Harry?

Taylor is the most likely to win that category at the moment, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Oh gosh completely forgot lol :deadbanana2:

6 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Yeah, Midnights has the best chance to win right now. However, if Chemistry is nominated Kelly will break the record for most nominations in the category regardless if she wins. Currently has 5 nominations (tied with Ariana Grande and Justin Timberlake). 

If Taylor wins, Taylor will tie Kelly and Adele for most wins in the category (2). BUT if Kelly sneaks out a win, Kelly will break the record for most wins as well, with 3 wins. 

Kelly really is THAT girl in the particular category no matter what. 

• Like 2

i wish i knew which retailer it was ordered from to get it early lol

11 hours ago, Heartbeat Song said:

me zoomed past mine. Flash mob promo is actually working. No other reason for it to suddenly 

Pop iTunes 

#13 - RFC

#39 - me

#50 - mine

#100 - IHL

#109 - FKOH

We now have 3 songs in top 200 

Overlall iTunes 

#50 - RFC

#152 - me 

#181 - mine 

me keeps inching up. I'm honestly impressed because the coffee shop singling flash mob is literally the only promo me has ever received. It seems like all of the new material is quite promo sensitive. People love seeing her sing live, so I hope she does more performances🤞

Pop iTunes 

Overall 

2 minutes ago, Ericjtsang said:

i wish i knew which retailer it was ordered from to get it early lol

It was Kelly's merch store for Australia :fan:

6 minutes ago, DEGUOM said:

It was Kelly's merch store for Australia :fan:

darn... lol

1 hour ago, Heartbeat Song said:

Yeah, Midnights has the best chance to win right now. However, if Chemistry is nominated Kelly will break the record for most nominations in the category regardless if she wins. Currently has 5 nominations (tied with Ariana Grande and Justin Timberlake). 

If Taylor wins, Taylor will tie Kelly and Adele for most wins in the category (2). BUT if Kelly sneaks out a win, Kelly will break the record for most wins as well, with 3 wins. 

Kelly really is THAT girl in the particular category no matter what. 

I am really starting to think there‘s a curse for winning Pop Album twice. It's a wonder those big albums like Reputation, THU, Lover, folklore/evermore, positions, 30 all failed to win.

But Midnights is really coming in strong this year.

Do we know if the album has leaked already, given the early shippings? 

28 minutes ago, KevinKDC said:

The album leaked.

seriously?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.