Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Kelly Clarkson

Featured Replies

48 minutes ago, lyl94115 said:

Well she hasn't even mentioned this on her social yet. so I don't see this EP doing good commercially at all with no promo.

It was most likely meant to be a surprise and theyโ€™re just hoping HTE goes viral since MANY people asked for it. I think the song and the ep will do ok for her.ย 

  • Replies 6.9k
  • Views 625.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I texted @Blooย tonight and told him Iโ€™m gonna do a Kelly takeover this weekend for ATRL. If you have any suggestions on things we should tweet out or do for the site, let is know. Sheโ€™s gonna be on th

  • This was an amazing cover. More than anything, I want Kelly to land a major cinematic theme song like MHWGO or IWALY. She has the voice for it and, if it did well, it could be a hit for her. I would l

  • no shade but I expect more from her 1st independent release. she now has 100% creative control + freedom and the first thing she releases sounds like her last 2 albums ย  give us the country

Kelly did say she is releasing something that leads to something bigger I feel in one interview and this EP could be that..??ย 

I donโ€™t think the new album is coming this year.

ย 

The re-recordings of her own songs are also coming. And if Atlantic is smart it would include UTT, which means weโ€™ll be getting the re-recording album around October.

2 hours ago, KevinKDC said:

I donโ€™t think the new album is coming this year.

ย 

The re-recordings of her own songs are also coming. And if Atlantic is smart it would include UTT, which means weโ€™ll be getting the re-recording album around October.

what rerecordings and why?ย 

I've always wondered what it costs to license songs for a cover project like this. There are plenty of random acts on Spotify that do tons of cover songs, do they not actually have the rights to use the songs and are just doing it anyway until someone tells them to take it down? Or maybe it's different if you're an established act or are contracted with a music label/publisher?

6 minutes ago, stoopidjenna said:

I've always wondered what it costs to license songs for a cover project like this. There are plenty of random acts on Spotify that do tons of cover songs, do they not actually have the rights to use the songs and are just doing it anyway until someone tells them to take it down? Or maybe it's different if you're an established act or are contracted with a music label/publisher?

Probably different if youโ€™re an established artist since you have more eyes and ears on you. Kind of like how Jason and Kelly were doing the โ€œKC Liveโ€ thing in 2016, on a website giving out free downloads of live cover songs and then they just mysteriously stopped doing that and they went away quickly. Most people seem to think it had to do with legal stuff.ย 
ย 

I cannot wait for this, but I hope the only 6 songs thing does not turn off people who are expecting a full album.

ย 

Edited by Ab1818

10 minutes ago, stoopidjenna said:

I've always wondered what it costs to license songs for a cover project like this. There are plenty of random acts on Spotify that do tons of cover songs, do they not actually have the rights to use the songs and are just doing it anyway until someone tells them to take it down? Or maybe it's different if you're an established act or are contracted with a music label/publisher?

I wonder the same! This guy has 228 million streams of Kellyโ€™s Already Gone (far more than her original) and her name is not even on the writer. Sheโ€™s losing a lot of money for someone taking credit for her work. That person doesnโ€™t list anyone on the songs. Not sure how there legalย 

ย 

https://open.spotify.com/track/5zCunX8URvLoBHlg1Fnjv6?si=n6FMlhJuSMWi--FCrvvqJQ

Edited by RealityBites

I don't know if it necessarily costs a lot of money to release a cover, but I know you essentially forfeit all the publishing royalties associated with it to the original artist. That's even the case with sampling. I read somewhere that Ariana had to hand over like 90% of the publishing credit for 7 Rings to Julie Andrews.ย 

ย 

Dolly talks a bit about the I Will Always Love You cover situation here

ย 

Edited by PieceByPiece_KC

Do we think theyโ€™ll post about it tonight? Or until tomorrow sometime? Kind of feels like maybe tomorrow or even Thursday..

1 hour ago, Ab1818 said:

Do we think theyโ€™ll post about it tonight? Or until tomorrow sometime? Kind of feels like maybe tomorrow or even Thursday..

Iโ€™m confused why the song hasnโ€™t actually been announced yetย 

44 minutes ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

Iโ€™m confused why the song hasnโ€™t actually been announced yetย 

Meant to be a surprise I guess, but now thereโ€™s an hour left for it to officially come out here and still nothing. Maybe they donโ€™t want to beย insensitive and post about it tonightโ€ฆwhich is of course, completely ok.

ย 

Kellyโ€™s lower register really got so much better over the years. ย She sounds so good on happier than ever on those initial verses. ย 

1 hour ago, Ab1818 said:

Meant to be a surprise I guess, but now thereโ€™s an hour left for it to officially come out here and still nothing. Maybe they donโ€™t want to beย insensitive and post about it tonightโ€ฆwhich is of course, completely ok.

ย 

Honestly this may be it - I can completely seeing Kelly saying don't post about/promote myself when a horrific act of violence just occurred.ย 

ย 

---

that being said the cover is amazing and she really is the best vocalist of amongst her peers.

Just now, wren said:

Honestly this may be it - I can completely seeing Kelly saying don't post about/promote myself when a horrific act of violence just occurred.ย 

ย 

---

that being said the cover is amazing and she really is the best vocalist of amongst her peers.

The press letter says Kelly announced it early Wednesday morning. So sounds like they will announce it tomorrowย 

1 hour ago, jpsketch said:

what a bizarre rollout.... or lack of rollout.

Articles said it was supposed to be announced today in the morning, but the official announcement was probably moved to later because of what happened at the school in Texas yesterdayโ€ฆ it would seem insensitive to post about it just like that, I think.

ย 

Weโ€™ll see if we get anything later. Or if they just wait until tomorrow or Friday.ย 
ย 

Edited by Ab1818

  • ATRL Moderator

I don't think there's going to be much of a rollout. This is probably just a cute lil thing for her fans to enjoy until she does something else or something. Kelly is literally said she isn't doingย anythingย this summer intentionally to be with her kids. So expecting much of a rollout or promo for this is setting yourself up for disappointment. A 6-track cover EP isn't also something that has much potential to attain much commercial success. Let's just be grateful for the music.ย 

20 hours ago, kellebrity98 said:

what rerecordings and why?ย 

It was discussed a few pages ago.

ย 

10 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I don't think there's going to be much of a rollout. This is probably just a cute lil thing for her fans to enjoy until she does something else or something. Kelly is literally said she isn't doingย anythingย this summer intentionally to be with her kids. So expecting much of a rollout or promo for this is setting yourself up for disappointment. A 6-track cover EP isn't also something that has much potential to attain much commercial success. Let's just be grateful for the music.ย 

Exactly. This is just a โ€œhere is sth until I drop my album donโ€™t bother me in the meantime โ€œ.

Happier Than Ever is :flame:

ย 

Also, not shocked about the lack of any push so far. Figured this would be something they just threw out there as a gift for fans.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.