Kelly Clarkson

Phoenixstar

5 minutes ago, Ab1818 said:

I think so. What I’m more worried about is that they won’t promote the album/ep at all and just a mention of it on the show once. :/ 

There’s like 2 and a half weeks and we don’t know much. :gaycat6:

I agree. I thought this Kellyoke album / EP was going to used as an event to release full covers from artists who are a streaming force (i.e, Billie, Ariana) to build a base for the divorce album's release so there is a streaming base. But the Kellyoke EP just seems like a non-event rn. We need her to use that full NBC promotion bus: her show, Today, Jimmy, Seth.

Kinda unrelated but would have been nice to see Kelly go on Ellen one last time as a pass the torch kinda thing since Kelly is taking her spot. Doesn't seem to be happening though as Ellen has been done filming for quite some time. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

52 minutes ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

I agree. I thought this Kellyoke album / EP was going to used as an event to release full covers from artists who are a streaming force (i.e, Billie, Ariana) to build a base for the divorce album's release so there is a streaming base. But the Kellyoke EP just seems like a non-event rn. We need her to use that full NBC promotion bus: her show, Today, Jimmy, Seth.

Kinda unrelated but would have been nice to see Kelly go on Ellen one last time as a pass the torch kinda thing since Kelly is taking her spot. Doesn't seem to be happening though as Ellen has been done filming for quite some time. 

I still think they are using this to build her streaming more and for more excitement for the divorce album. The thing is I fear they’re just hoping the hype from Kellyokes and word of mouth will help the album/ep with minimal promo.

Like, we know she’ll be on summer break, but when does that start? Will she perform on other shows to promote it? Did she pre record something for promo? Will it only be 5 songs and Atlantic is testing how this one does to see if they spend more money and time for more volumes in the future? 

I’m thinking we hear something about it by Friday. That will give them 2 weeks to hype it up a bit. Hopefully it’s all true and I’m sure I’ll enjoy the covers no matter what happens.

11 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

why dont they count GH sales :biblio:

is she the only one they dont count GH :biblio:

Not sure honestly. I feel like whoever runs that site doesn’t know much about KC or doesn’t like her. I read the stuff they wrote about her underneath those numbers and it sounds… harsh and a bit mean compared to a lot of other artists. Little weird. and the numbers seem a little off and streaming makes her numbers look small, when in reality she has actually SOLD more albums than a lot of artists with higher streams, but who knows. 

21 minutes ago, Ab1818 said:

Not sure honestly. I feel like whoever runs that site doesn’t know much about KC or doesn’t like her. I read the stuff they wrote about her underneath those numbers and it sounds… harsh and a bit mean compared to a lot of other artists. Little weird. and the numbers seem a little off and streaming makes her numbers look small, when in reality she has actually SOLD more albums than a lot of artists with higher streams, but who knows. 

yeah even dua lipa first album is at 12M units :biblio: 

4 hours ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

Wait til it turns out to be a playlist of selected Kellyoke performances directly taken from the show:cool:

hoping there are some new song covers not the 1000 year old Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston songs. I don’t really see any success for the ep maybe a bb200 #100-200 peak

Not the Mariah and Whitney disrespect.. :ace:

Those songs would showcase her vocal ability better than many of today’s current pop hits. 

I think Atlantic is viewing this just like they did WCCA - it’s an easy cash grab from a part of her career that has proven history of getting attention. 

15 hours ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

Not sure if it will happen in S4 or not but I think the end of daily Kellyoke's is inevitable. Guessing she will record a theme song eventually.

I hope that she just does Kellyokes a couple times a week if it’s too much work for her to do everyday, like maybe one on Monday and one on Friday. That way she can still keep the momentum/hype she gets from doing them but then she also gets a break on the other days. 

Has anyone been finding the Kellyoke selections super random the past few months... like they're now just picking songs that I have never even heard of 50% of the time.

1 hour ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

Has anyone been finding the Kellyoke selections super random the past few months... like they're now just picking songs that I have never even heard of 50% of the time.

I wonder if record labels are coming to Team TKCS and paying them to sing their songs. 

They better not be playing with us.. 

1 hour ago, based said:

They better not be playing with us.. 

Omg here we go! So excited 

Well if it's true then we should get the announcement within 24 hours about the single and the EP should probably be open for pre-save.

Odd about it being on Wednesday, but guessing they want to get ahead of the new music Friday/Thursday. 

Might be a dumb question, but can cover songs chart? I wonder if this will… but I hope releasing it on Wednesday doesn’t affect what could be big first week

numbers. I hope this is true though lol. 

1 hour ago, Ab1818 said:

Odd about it being on Wednesday, but guessing they want to get ahead of the new music Friday/Thursday. 

Might be a dumb question, but can cover songs chart? I wonder if this will… but I hope releasing it on Wednesday doesn’t affect what could be big first week

numbers. I hope this is true though lol. 

Yes a cover song can chart, but let’s not get our hopes up about it actually charting :coffee:

19 minutes ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

Yes a cover song can chart, but let’s not get our hopes up about it actually charting :coffee:

I mean… “I Dare You” managed to chart, so her version of HTE can definitely chart and do even better because of how viral it went and people have been asking for it. If “I Dare You” and “Christmas Isn’t Canceled” can chart, so can this. WeMll see.

Edited by Ab1818

On 5/21/2022 at 7:55 PM, PieceByPiece_KC said:

Do you think there will be a photoshoot for the Kellyoke album / EP? 

I'm low key afraid the cover will be some variation of this with "Kellyoke" photoshopped on it in bad font....

episode-1105-pictured-kelly-clarkson-pic

it’s even worse than I imagined :rip:

If that is actually the cover, I will be quite frustrated. I made a better cover on my iPhone in 3 minutes… I really thought my tragic homemade cover was the lowest bar. Yet again, I continue to be amazed at how horribly labels treat Kelly. 

Edited by PieceByPiece_KC

Is it really only 6 songs on the EP?

Yep. EPs are usually 5-7 songs.

The song selection could be better, but there are a few songs I like. We’ll probably get more volumes if it does well. Probably expensive to get the license for each song…but if it does well I’m sure Atlantic and team KC will put more money for future volumes.

34 minutes ago, Ab1818 said:

Yep. EPs are usually 5-7 songs.

The song selection could be better, but there are a few songs I like. We’ll probably get more volumes if it does well. Probably expensive to get the license for each song…but if it does well I’m sure Atlantic and team KC will put more money for future volumes.

Well she hasn't even mentioned this on her social yet. so I don't see this EP doing good commercially at all with no promo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.