Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

30 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I cave in :jonny:

 

The only appropriate way to describe the listening experience of Renaissance is the following gif:

 

  Hide contents

cuiNe1p.gif

 

Aren’t you the one that was going report anyone for even mentioning L words :ahh:

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

The way she probably swapped the covers to random LQ outtakes after hearing about the leak

 

Beyonce_100.jpg

Am I that only one that enjoy BMS waaaayyyy more in context to the album?

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

Recently Browsing: 100 members :rip:

 


Y’all really caved in? :dies: Album thread locked and spoilers left and right here. Lemme log back out. 

Me and you chiile. Keep your self distracted. we’ll talk tomorrow. 

 

9 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

The overwhelmingly positive response is making me nervous, I really want to listen :rip:

Hold out! Just a few more hours 

3 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Renaissance's wikipedia page.

 

Do they know what happened to 4 or BMS? :deadbanana2:

Lemme edit it out :rip:

12 minutes ago, GagasProlapse said:

I KNOW IM NOT CRAZY. IS THAT THE FORD ALERT BEEP I HEAR BEING SAMPLED?! You know, the one where the door is left open lmao.

Omg your username :rip:

 

11 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:
  Hide contents

Its so so overwhelming at first and second listen.

I think my fav song has to be, and im surprised to say it, Heated. Its catchy, its vibey, its quite commercial, and the end is just fabulous! Its giving Check On It cheekiness and im living for it. 

 

Then Im a sucker for Cuff It as a super nice throwback to 4-yonce. Definitely the second single in the US and a bop.

 

Alien Superstar is really great, but also super Experimental. Itll take me a bit to really fall in love, but it has the potential for sure.

 

Plastic Off the Sofa is the DIL-throwback song I didnt know I need. So slick, the best vocal performance on the album. Phew a moment.

 

Lastly Summer Renaissance. An incredible ending, the song has all the best Elements of Renaissance and actually sounds like I thought the entire album would sound. The sample is incredible, her voice stunning, its groovey, unexpected, mature. Wonderful track!

 

Urs?

 

Spoiler

I'm glad to see the fanbase so joyful about this project :cries:

8 minutes ago, ellepao said:
  Hide contents

I don't know what to feel :deadbanana2: there is so much going on and I know I'm going to change my mind a thousand times.

 

What I know is that I need a visual for all of this because I want to experience and appreciate the whole concept, which as of now is still a little obscure to me...

 

Still, vocal production is out of this world and most of the songs are so complex while still being catchy and fun... she's very much in her prime artistically and musically. 

 

Unpopular opinion: I'm that girl is actually one of my favs for now

 

Spoiler

I agree. Nice analysis :jonny2:

 

Edited by Pepo

Cuff It should be the next single. It would go off in the club. If there is a song on the album that makes me smile then its Cuff It

5 minutes ago, ellepao said:
  Hide contents

I don't know what to feel :deadbanana2: there is so much going on and I know I'm going to change my mind a thousand times.

 

What I know is that I need a visual for all of this because I want to experience and appreciate the whole concept, which as of now is still a little obscure to me...

 

Still, vocal production is out of this world and most of the songs are so complex while still being catchy and fun... she's very much in her prime artistically and musically. 

 

Unpopular opinion: I'm that girl is actually one of my favs for now

 

the concept of the album is pretty clear even from BMS lyrics alone.

 

on a personal level, bey seems to have gone through struggles of being overworked and feeling insecure and a need to meet high expectations. on a societal/political level, people have been down and dejected due to the pandemic and political turmoil.



 

the album is about celebrating being comfortable with who you are and feeling free and liberated even as the world goes to ****

1 minute ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Its also annoying because it completely lacks the nuance and context of the fact its her first first week physical release in over ten years.

Yeah. And this leak actually isn't awful when you think that the last album that had the opportunity to leak was 4 (due to the different ways ST and Lem were released) so going from a month before to 2 days before - I'd think Parkwood are probably as satisfied as they can be.

Not gonna cave at this point, listening to ST made me remember how gagged I was when it first dropped. Might as well go to bed early tonight and watch rewatch Lemonade tomorrow. Looks like I’ll need to be well rested for Friday @ midnight

 

glad I got Pose 2, 1 is basic while 3/4 are kinda goofy for me to take too seriously 

 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Spoiler

Church girl could do well on urban/rhythmic 

 

28 minutes ago, Keith said:

Friday can’t come fast enough. I bet Break My Soul is gonna be the best song on this album :lmao: 

nope-UJP_Tsr1Sheet11_9x16_rgb.jpg

2 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

the concept of the album is pretty clear even from BMS lyrics alone.

 

 

  Hide contents

on a personal level, bey seems to have gone through struggles of being overworked and feeling insecure and a need to meet high expectations. on a societal/political level, people have been down and dejected due to the pandemic and political turmoil.

 


 

the album is about celebrating being comfortable with who you are and feeling free and liberated even as the world goes to ****

 

 

I'm not joking when I say that BMS's lyrics have touched me from a personal point of view 

 

Quote

We go 'round in circles, 'round in circles
Searchin' for love ('round in circles)
We go up and down, lost and found ('round in circles)
Searchin' for love (yeah, yeah)
Looking for something that lives inside me
Looking for something that lives inside me

:cries:

God the urge to cave in and listen. I've been so good so far, haven't read a single spoiler form anyone thoughts either but damn tomorrow is gonna dragggg :monkey:

Spoiler

It’s impossible to pick a fave right now; however, there’s not a single skip. 
 

The album as a whole is soo easy to digest, fun and very, very upbeat. However, it’s not your generic easy to digest pop album you feel like you’ve heard a million times. It’s indeed very experimental, yet very, very, very catchy and viby ish( If you love grooving to uptempo). She’s the master of tones but through out this album, her tone is alot smoother and brighter than what we are used to her. I love love hearing the softer, sweater side of her voice. Her head voice and falsetto is just :jonny6: One word to describe the album is GENRE BENDING mostly because of her delivery, which made possible because of her enormous talents. 
She out rap the majority of these so called full time rappers and out sings the entire industry. The vocal productions is what made this album soooo special and not generic. 
 

some standout after a few listens….the entire album is ingredient, no bias! 
 

Thique is a ducking smashhhhh, I have no idea why she released BYS, when it’s a whole hit waiting to be released.

 She rides the living out of this beat. The heavenly harmony in the background While Bey flexes her bars on top of the fifthy mixes of house and trap beat :flame:12/10

 

This is American- a whole ******* bop. God she flows like water in this track, switching between singing and rapping in dozens of different tones-showing Doja cat how do truly do it. The background vocals on this track is sooos sooo stupid 

 

Renaissance really deserves its title. It’s just soooo ducking catchy, yet still soooooo fresh and unique. It sounds like Salted honey in my opinion. I really really love her tone delivery here. It’s bright, open, yet still full of souls

 

cuiNe1p.gif

Edited by Kh-Loud

i'm going to be very frustrated if the GP and critics don't understand the vibe/significance of this album. i actually hope there's a visual now so she can spell it out for those that don't. yes, this album is all about fun, but it's also personal and very empowering. i hope that comes across to non-stans.

32 minutes ago, Keith said:

Friday can’t come fast enough. I bet Break My Soul is gonna be the best song on this album :lmao: 

Cuff It will be the new cookout classic :coffee:

Plastic of the sofa is exactly what a expected from a Sabrina claudio and  syd penned track :jonnycat:

The way God answered my prayers a few months ago when I said I miss when her vocals were serving SEX. :WAP:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.