Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Popular Post

So glad they chose 16C to be the song played as she walked up for AOTY

 

 

I strongly believe this song will go on to become a signature song of hers. Hyped to see what she does with it on tour

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

3 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

Bodyguard being the most streamed non-single from the album right now (although it's only at 350k lol)

 

What would it hurt to send it to radio?  It's apparent she isn't moving on from the album until after the tour

Needs to happen. A second single almost a year after the album release would be a kii.

 

16 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

On the topic of Bodyguard...I think it's THE song that would benefit most from a "quick lil remix" single treatment with a feature. 

 

The AOTY has been secured, so everything after the fact is effectively just icing on the cake. Essentially anything to come can just be received as a fun victory lap. Optically speaking.

 

In actuality, it's an easy way to nab a post-release hit from an album that wasn't promoted, has no videos (yet), and didn't organically yield a Cuff It type viral moment post-release.

 

Saying that...

 

  Hide contents

Maybe it's even time to do the Taylor collab on a remix of Bodyguard. The girls all thought it was her to begin with. 

 

I'm in no way a fan of TS, but CC needs something sizeable to give it that extra air of newness for the tour. 

 

For me, music is ultimately a "product" and this lengthy spell of nothingness around CC has seen its material prematurely reach the end of its commercially-viable lifecycle. 

 

IMO, I don't know if the tour alone is enough to reverse that course. 

 

Plus, to me, it would be nothing more than doing what was done with the BMS, Cuff It, BMS, AHAP remixes.

 

At the same time, this is largely my Chart Hive button talking. In reality, the era doesn't *need* anything beyond the tour and visuals (eventually).Big sales secured, #1 single secured, AOTY secured, haters mad and endless thinkpieces...secured. 

 

That said, I'd be lying if I said I don't get excited when Bey leans into her Pop girl bag and delivers these big cultural zeitgeist moments, which is what a TS on Bodyguard would be. Even if IDGAF about TS personally.

 

I loooove your posts and I'm not even a broom hater but no lmao - I think the pros of #her streaming power would be outweighed by the cons of people attributing the song's success exclusively to #her. That song can be released on its own with the right playlisting and do fine, I think.

22 hours ago, Arrogant said:

I'm not a fan of that kind of sound (beardy white man music), so I looked it over at first, but I literally cannot get enough of AR now.

What's funny is I tried to convert an internet white male hater by telling them to listen to AR and he said it sounds like gospel and he only likes country and turned it off. 

1 hour ago, Cbreezy said:

On the topic of Bodyguard...I think it's THE song that would benefit most from a "quick lil remix" single treatment with a feature. 

 

The AOTY has been secured, so everything after the fact is effectively just icing on the cake. Essentially anything to come can just be received as a fun victory lap. Optically speaking.

 

In actuality, it's an easy way to nab a post-release hit from an album that wasn't promoted, has no videos (yet), and didn't organically yield a Cuff It type viral moment post-release.

 

Saying that...

 

  Hide contents

Maybe it's even time to do the Taylor collab on a remix of Bodyguard. The girls all thought it was her to begin with. 

 

I'm in no way a fan of TS, but CC needs something sizeable to give it that extra air of newness for the tour. 

 

For me, music is ultimately a "product" and this lengthy spell of nothingness around CC has seen its material prematurely reach the end of its commercially-viable lifecycle. 

 

IMO, I don't know if the tour alone is enough to reverse that course. 

 

Plus, to me, it would be nothing more than doing what was done with the BMS, Cuff It, BMS, AHAP remixes.

 

At the same time, this is largely my Chart Hive button talking. In reality, the era doesn't *need* anything beyond the tour and visuals (eventually).Big sales secured, #1 single secured, AOTY secured, haters mad and endless thinkpieces...secured. 

 

That said, I'd be lying if I said I don't get excited when Bey leans into her Pop girl bag and delivers these big cultural zeitgeist moments, which is what a TS on Bodyguard would be. Even if IDGAF about TS personally.

 

Big NO for the collaboration and I love her. The stanwars would be endless and I'll hate people acting like Bey needs others. 

 

I agree with the rest, a single being pushed would be cool. 

Edited by BnPac

I wish she would push BODYGUARD or even LEVII'S JEANS now since it's clear she's not rushing with act iii 

Use Levi's Jeans on the upcoming commercial and Bodyguard is right there for the summer…. Then again this is the stubborn auntie who wanted Church Girl as the second single. 

It seems like she's not rushing with act iii because she isn't actually doing anything with act ii. This is it. She will go on tour in the next couple of months and we can only hope we get visual or something. The CC album era is over, we can maybe see a small increase again when the tour starts. For an album she cares about she's not doing anything to really cement the longevity. 

Bodyguard never getting a push is actually crazy. I understand her not maximizing Alien Superstar/Heated's potential, but this song has "generational classic" written all over it and could be up there with Love on Top / Halo if given the right push. However, that would require her to move her ass to do 1 (ONE) good performance, drop a music video, send it to Pop/HAC radio, and maaaybe a TikTok with the sound.

Edited by State of Grace.

4 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I understand her not maximizing Alien Superstar/Heated's potential,

You do? Why? Alien Superstar was doing so well on its own, it would have helped the album had it been pushed. 

I agree regarding Bodyguard. 

2 minutes ago, BnPac said:

You do? Why? Alien Superstar was doing so well on its own, it would have helped the album had it been pushed. 

I agree regarding Bodyguard. 

Nnn I mean I don't necessarily agree. It's just that Bodyguard has much more universal appeal whereas Alien Superstar was more niche sounding? Idk if getting my point across :dies:  But they definitely should have pushed al little when it was doing well on streaming & TikTok

It's too late to push a single now unless she drops a remix.. but it seems like they don't move unless something picks up organically so

2 hours ago, ReneighIsHere said:

livestreaming a show from the tour and putting the visuals on netflix? :jonny:

That blind item writer is a hack and a phony:

 

https://www.vulture.com/article/enty-lawyer-crazy-days-and-nights-john-nelson.html

Lola Young's Messy reminds me a bit of Bodyguard, and that song is smashing worldwide right now. I agree we definitely need a remix, but that would have happened last weekend before the Grammys, so yeah, but maybe we'll get a transitional new song during or shortly after the tour. 

I still don't get the point in bringing Post Malone into your album if you're not gonna make Levi's a single.

 

Maybe him having singles with Taylor and Morgan made them kinda wary of being overshadowed. 

The fact that yall are still debating about ways to increase the commercial success of CC shows you dont understand who Beyonce has become as an artist.


Despite the fact that she has been projecting this through her actions, inactions and even interviews over the past decade.

 

Maybe if she tattoos it on her forehead yall will understand.

 

I'm hoping I get tickets during the beyhive presale because I forgot to sign up for the Ticketmaster artist presale just in case :jonny:

I'm late af but my definitive top 5 on CC :

 

- Tyrant 

- Daughter

- American Requiem

- Ya Ya

- Alligator Tears

1 hour ago, Rotunda said:

I still don't get the point in bringing Post Malone into your album if you're not gonna make Levi's a single.

miley and post were examples of white artists who were allowed to do other genres like hip hop before pivoting into country music with no issue. she put them on the album as a statement.

2 hours ago, Blumoon said:

The fact that yall are still debating about ways to increase the commercial success of CC shows you dont understand who Beyonce has become as an artist.


Despite the fact that she has been projecting this through her actions, inactions and even interviews over the past decade.

 

Maybe if she tattoos it on her forehead yall will understand.

 

What is that exactly? An artist that wanted recognition and validation for her work? Because that's what's she's been wanting with the AOTY win. 
 

She's not a recluse like Sade that yall keep trying to pretend she is. Longevity for your work is through singles. There's a reason all the albums before ST are streamed and recognized more by the GP. 

Edited by sillycilla

2 hours ago, Blumoon said:

The fact that yall are still debating about ways to increase the commercial success of CC shows you dont understand who Beyonce has become as an artist.


Despite the fact that she has been projecting this through her actions, inactions and even interviews over the past decade.

 

Maybe if she tattoos it on her forehead yall will understand.

 

I agree buuuuuut she pushed II Most Wanted as a single

 

azealia-banks-stan-twitter.gif

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.