Beyoncé

Kisuke

1 hour ago, AxelFox said:

Virgo's Groove wins its category and she goes on to perform it along with POTS right before the end of the show

As much as I love Virgo's Groove this would be such a missed opportunity... Virgo's daily streams have been dropping way faster than any other potential single and are currently below Cozy, AHAP, P/H, Heated, POTS, Summer and Heated's. And she literally has Cuff It right there increasing its streaming performance and not dropping on radio after peaking, begging for any kind of promotion to get a top 5 peak. Ideally for me it would be a Alien/Cuff It/Break My Soul medley to open the show or a Cuff It/third single one mid show.

Edited by Draper.

• Replies 108k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 hour ago, AxelFox said:

Tour announcement Wednesday morning with a 3min video trailer studio54 inspired // AU and LA dates included

Walks the red carpet at the Grammys

Virgo's Groove wins its category and she goes on to perform it along with POTS right before the end of the show

They announce her as the winner of AOTY and goes on stage ending with I 'love y'all deep'

Film trailer for Renaissance the film on youtube next day with a release date for spring

It's happening finally :jonny5:

The ONLY remotely realistic thing here and that too she will say "I love you deep" to Jay Z after he consoles her for losing a 4th AOTY nom on live television (as the camera's stayed glued and zoomed on her face for ratings).

Also ABBA taking AOTY anyway... I can't believe ya'll still tune into the shammy's. Even if she (deservedly) wins some big awards the shammys can rot xoxo

I ain’t believing any Beyonce announcements tour or otherwise are coming this week, until she randomly blacks out her social media profiles again. That’s when you know **** about to go down. Until then expect nothing and you won’t be disappointed.

49 minutes ago, Draper. said:

As much as I love Virgo's Groove this would be such a missed opportunity... Virgo's daily streams have been dropping way faster than any other potential single and are currently below Cozy, AHAP, P/H, Heated, POTS, Summer and Heated's. And she literally has Cuff It right there increasing its streaming performance and not dropping on radio after peaking, begging for any kind of promotion to get a top 5 peak. Ideally for me it would be a Alien/Cuff It/Break My Soul medley to open the show or a Cuff It/third single one mid show.

I don't care about none of that, I'd much rather have an award show performance for the greatest song she's ever recorded than the 5 positions Cuff it might jump on the Hot100 :jonny5:

35 minutes ago, Calypso said:

The ONLY remotely realistic thing here and that too she will say "I love you deep" to Jay Z after he consoles her for losing a 4th AOTY nom on live television (as the camera's stayed glued and zoomed on her face for ratings).

Also ABBA taking AOTY anyway... I can't believe ya'll still tune into the shammy's. Even if she (deservedly) wins some big awards the shammys can rot xoxo

Well when you put it like that :toofunny2:

As long as VG gets its award I'm good though!

I don't know why you guys take the Grammys so personally. The voting is done by dozens of thousands of industry people and not a small comittee or something. Unfortunately for B and for us, a big chunk of that voting pool is made of white old men with very narrow minded and probaly racist views too. It is what it is. It would be nice for her to get the award, but not getting it does not invalidate the excellence of the album either and I'll still be perched to see her there and watch her perform.

Renaissance is already AOTY, with or without a Grammy trophy :clap3: 

Yeah I honestly see ABBA taking AOTY, and I can't say it's undeserved. It's a solid album and they've been overlooked before in spite of being so huge and influential. Bey is gonna win AOTY someday, there is no doubt in my mind. Would be happy to see it happen now but it doesn't really matter

ABBA didn't have the album of the year. :deadbanana4: Neither the best, nor the most successful, nor the most important. Cases can be made for Renaissance and Un Verano Sin Ti only.

bad bunny is winning lol

theyre not gonna give it to the old white people after the academy’s controversy from the past couple years

Edited by yonsé

11 minutes ago, yonsé said:

bad bunny is winning lol

theyre not gonna give it to the old white people after the academy’s controversy from the past couple years

Bad bunny winning would be the worst thing ever. 

23 minutes ago, yonsé said:

bad bunny is winning lol

The same old white people awarding Reggaeton? Ain't gonna happen. 

Especially considering that Beyoncé is competing in the same category. 

I don't really see Adele winning AOTY, easy on me is pretty clear of the competition in the soty category though. I think Bey will win: Dance recording for BMS, Dance album for Renaissance, Traditional R&B for POTS, R&B performance for VG, Be Alive for visual media. 5 Grammys making her the most awarded person ever, and then Bad Bunny takes AOTY: first latin album to ever win the award. Then they have 2 big stories to make headlines, its either that or Adele wins everything and the internet goes nuts

Girl Bad Bunny is not winning, what crack is being smoked. How do you call the Grammys racist (which they are) then think they’re giving AOTY to a Spanish rap album :deadbanana4: He couldn’t even win AOTY at the Latin Grammys :deadbanana4:

It’s Adele vs. Brandi. Brandi can pull a Jon Batiste/Beck and win with the major pop acts splitting.

Edited by Machete

1 hour ago, Mitsouko said:

ABBA didn't have the album of the year. :deadbanana4: Neither the best, nor the most successful, nor the most important. Cases can be made for Renaissance and Un Verano Sin Ti only.

I mean, that’s just your opinion. The academy might disagree. The same could easily be said about last years winner, not to mention the album that blocked self titled in 2015 :deadbanana: 

we are forgetting Harry... that mas is getting that AOTY

anyways.. do someone has the total sales in the US sold by Renaissance till this week ?

7 hours ago, Scorp said:

And I am the only one who thinks Ms Mama plays around with that Rick James every now and again :lmao:like, Alien Superstar, Summer Renaissance, Virgos Groove , hell AHAP alone shshhshs I swear Everytime we go out my friends all ask does she party and I'm starting to think she does :eli: 

How do those songs give you that vibe? AHAP isn't literally about drugs, it's about her man/the public being addicted to her. She's the drug.

We may not know much about her anymore, but one thing I can say with almost absolute certainty is she takes her career / image way too seriously to be doing anything stronger than weed.

I could care less if she does or does not do drugs, that random bodyguard thinking he did something:rip:

If she needs a little booger sugar to do her little uh oh dance I say let her! We’ve got grammy and tour rehearsals to attend, chop chop!

Bad bunny is not wining AOTY. Beyoncé has a better chance than him if we’re being honest. I think it’s going to Harry though. 

Just now, SashaDevachelli said:

I could care less if she does or does not do drugs, that random bodyguard thinking he did something:rip:

If she needs a little booger sugar to do her little uh oh dance I say let her! We’ve got grammy and tour rehearsals to attend, chop chop!

sanfsdnfkjsf :deadbanana2:

I just don't see it. She's made a point of saying she watched some of her idols devolve into what they did and so she purposefully avoids those same issues

I've always been confident that Renaissance will get AOTY, but I'm more and more thinking it will be Bad Bunny's (although he shouldn't get it in my opinion) and Bey will snatch the rest of her nominations, mostly the Dance and R&B categories.

2 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

sanfsdnfkjsf :deadbanana2:

I just don't see it. She's made a point of saying she watched some of her idols devolve into what they did and so she purposefully avoids those same issues

Agreed, I think the reason she’s managed to stay in peak condition physically and mentally is thanks to her absence in public, as frustrating as it is as a fan. 

I just think it’s so cringe to “expose” celebs for doing drugs, literally all of them do it, this isn’t some major discovery worth raving or shaming about.:rip:

ABBA is winning AOTY. Beyonce will more than likely take every other category in regards to this loss.

Not gonna lie, it would be really amazing for RENAISSANCE to get AOTY, even though the Grammy's don't mean much of anything anymore.

The way that body of work has shifted not just music, but the culture reeky needs to be studied.

44 minutes ago, Flanders said:

I mean, that’s just your opinion. The academy might disagree. The same could easily be said about last years winner, not to mention the album that blocked self titled in 2015 :deadbanana: 

I say the same thing about those albums too :deadbanana4: I didn’t say the Academy wouldn’t give it to ABBA – I can see them doing it because they’re stupid – I’m just saying that there’d be no justification for it if they did. At least when they give it to Taylor and Adele there’s the commercial juggernaut factor which really shouldn’t matter anyway

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.