Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

Break My Soul was definitely the best choice for the lead.

 

Straight away it signals the tone shift with this album: she's ready to have fun again :nicole2:

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

15 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Nope, I thought it was a banger when I first heard it and I still do now. :jamming:

♬ Looking for something that lives inside of me ♬

 

:jonny3:

I've always loved BMS i just wish it was like 30 secs shorter. It's a bit too long imo

 

tumblr_inline_n01eo06zBa1qffoiw.gif 

Maybe controversial but my biggest complaint about BMS is the Big Freedia intro. It works in context of the album but it gets very grating on standalone listens.

Edited by ShouldersSideways

Ive been hearing Single Ladies sin my car while I Uber and bihhh it's still so phenomenal. That church choir like production, the synths, technical it's not supposed to work as a song but ahhhh

3 minutes ago, Red Velvet said:

she's ready to have fun again

And she was telling everybody.

 

:jonny3:

Those who don’t like BMS will probably like it more once the vid drops or when she performs it. 

BMS was the first lead single since Deja Vu that I loved immediately on first listen

13 minutes ago, Shelter said:

once the vid drops

It's looking like in the realm of Put It In a Love Song.

 

Alicia Keys & Beyonce Put It In A Love Song in NYC: Photo 2435649 | Alicia  Keys, Beyonce Knowles, Jay Z, Robin Thicke Pictures | Just Jared

34 minutes ago, giRLbye. said:

BMS was the first lead single since Deja Vu that I loved immediately on first listen

Same! BMS was the perfect choice for the lead single off renni. 

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Break My Soul did what it needed to do. It was the only choice for lead.

 

tumblr_inline_n01eo06zBa1qffoiw.gif

Agreed! It also kind of sticks out from the rest more than any other track while not feeling distant. It was the perfect opener to the era, by far. Any other choice would have given the wrong idea of what's to come.

2 minutes ago, swissman said:

My only critique for BMS is that I wanted a bit more choir.

sammmmmeeeeee

 

this is what i was waiting for a live performance for....but...:rip:

BMS was no Formation but it’s definitely more palatable to the melanin impaired. Bey definitely read the room with that one. :gayoncecat1:
 

 

I think BMS was necessary for a lead. I don’t think the other tracks would’ve processed well as a lead, I know that a lot of people were thrown off on the sound of the album on their initial listen, and I think BMS was the safest choice and coincided with house being the dominant trend in music at the time. 
 

Cuff It feels like the spiritual successor to Love On Top, it has that same good celebratory retro feel and it feels like justice is finally being served with this being in the top 10 and being viral on Tik Tok

1 minute ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Cuff It feels like the spiritual successor to Love On Top

I never thought of this but it makes perfect sense. They’re in the same family. Nevertheless I prefer Cuff It a million times to Love On Top, I know that’s a hot take idc

Break My Soul instrumental is insanely good like no shade to Beyoncé but the production really makes the song for me.

Bottom tier on the album but the right pick for lead single + still a banger. #1 on my Spotify Wrapped for a reasonnn.

BMS was also one of the only clean tracks on the album. Zero cursing. When a big artist like Bey curses on records, some people will judge and keep the music from their kids etc.. That's one reason the likes of Taylor and Adele get more support from general public now because they play it safe when it comes to that. A lead single with her saying ''we're getting Fked up tonight'' you would have seen endless think pieces. 

I wouldn't mind Bey making a full album with old school type of songs like Cuff it and Love on Top. I feel at this stage of her career that's the direction i expected her to take anyway. Hopefully one of the other acts is more retro like that.

13 minutes ago, jane said:

I wouldn't mind Bey making a full album with old school type of songs like Cuff it and Love on Top. I feel at this stage of her career that's the direction i expected her to take anyway. Hopefully one of the other acts is more retro like that.

Sounds boring

2 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

 

Thats nothing to applaud her for. Stupid puta she is

6 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Thats nothing to applaud her for. Stupid puta she is

It's just an observation you negative necked *****!

Just now, ShouldersSideways said:

It's just an observation you negative necked *****!

:-*

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.