Beyoncé

Kisuke

12 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Not that Renaissance isn't a perfect album, but IF you had to remove 3 songs, which would you pick? I'd say:

Plastic Off The Sofa

All Up In Your Mind

Move

Thique

All up in your mind

America has a problem

The album slows down for no reason at these 3 songs and honestly they are kind of unnecessary after the GODLY 1, 2, 3 PUNCH that is Virgo, Move and Heated.

• Replies 109.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

28 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Not that Renaissance isn't a perfect album, but IF you had to remove 3 songs, which would you pick? I'd say:

Plastic Off The Sofa

All Up In Your Mind

Move

The only song I would remove is "All Up In Your Mind"

Anyone suggesting removing Plastic Off The Sofa is getting reported:fan:

Church Girl can go for me, AUIYM is next.

Plastic Off The Sofa was the first stand out to me when listening to RENI the first night.

36 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Plastic Off The Sofa

All Up In Your Mind

Move

Church Girl

Summer Renaissance 

21 minutes ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

Thique

All up in your mind

America has a problem

The album slows down for no reason at these 3 songs and honestly they are kind of unnecessary after the GODLY 1, 2, 3 PUNCH that is Virgo, Move and Heated.

MODS :mazen:

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Appreciate u :hug:

Tbh nothing from Lemonade was hit or radio friendly. Formation could’ve been the only single of the era.

Happy belated! :heart2:

8 minutes ago, bijonse said:

MODS :mazen:

It's slowly growing on me, but the album as a whole could do without it

10 minutes ago, ObsessedwithBey said:

Happy belated! :heart2:

Appreciate u too :hug:

4 minutes ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

It's slowly growing on me, but the album as a whole could do without it

and you included thique what is happening? :deadbanana2:

43 minutes ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

Thique

All up in your mind

America has a problem

Mte. Even though I LUV Thique. These 3 songs just dampen the album's momentum so much.

9 minutes ago, Devin said:

Appreciate u too :hug:

and you included thique what is happening? :deadbanana2:

That intro of Thique is just too cringy for me :deadbanana4:

The only song disrupting the momentum is AUIYM.

AMERICA is one of the most interesting songs she’s ever recorded. This is a dance heavy album and it’s probably the most dance-heavy track. I can’t wait to see the video and choreo for this catchy bop :WAP:

1 hour ago, Daydream said:

Not that Renaissance isn't a perfect album, but IF you had to remove 3 songs, which would you pick?

Thique (given the hype of the title, this was a disappointment IMO).

I'm That Girl (it's aight and works as a tone setting opening,  but ngl was a lil nervous about the rest of the album after hearing this)

Plastic Off The Sofa (I appreciate it, but the album would still work as the burst of energy it is without it)

11 minutes ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

That intro of Thique is just too cringy for me :deadbanana4:

I can barely listen to it because the intro. She can pull off almost anything but in that part she sounds super try-hard

1 hour ago, Mitsouko said:

Energy

The last two minutes of Virgo’s Groove

America Has A Problem

Wtf :skull: literally 3 of my top 5. 

Re:Summer Renaissance Bae/Bey debate; I think its a double entendre.  Meant to convey bae, as in romantic interest giving the context of the song, and Bey as in herself, bc I know she sees all the mispronunciations of her name.  Its a play on that.  The category is me/love.

Plus, my interpretation is further supported by her later mispronouncing her name again  playfully when she sings “collect your coins Biyonsee”. 

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Edited by Blumoon

4 minutes ago, G'Day said:

It’s really as simple as her needing the lines to rhyme, that’s it.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. 

And rhymed too

*chefs kiss*

16 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

Re:Summer Renaissance Bae/Bey debate; I think its a double entendre.  Meant to convey bae, as in romantic interest giving the context of the song, and Bey as in herself, bc I know she sees all the mispronunciations of her name.  Its a play on that.  The category is me/love.

Plus, my interpretation is further supported by her later mispronouncing her name again  playfully when she sings “collect your coins Biyonsee”. 

The lyric is bae they just wrote Bey to be cute 

17 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Can I just say that I find your vernacular to be absolutely colorful and I enjoy reading your dissertations every single time? I love your Beynika propaganda!

spacer.png

Oh wow!!!! I'm flattered; thank you so much for the kind words. Informal colloquial Twitter, ATRL, ingesting 2 Celsius drinks and taking an Oonit collectively influence my syntax and prose. Most especially the latter two, since they'll wrinkle up and skyrocket your Broca's area to whole new stratospheres lol. 

As for the BeyNika propaganda, there's this dire je ne sai quois need for me to be on a mission to compell and proselytize an enormous segment of the marketplace who aren't seeing the peanut butter and jelly combo. It's so frustrating when the critically intelligent Hive aren't getting that Nicki and Beyonce are one in the same, and I ain't talkin' about Selena and Demi ;) 

If you like the mini "dissertations", wait until you see what's been cooking up for the Nicki and Beyoncé base!!!!!

Nicki M Inaj Writing GIF - Nicki M Inaj Writing Studying - Discover & Share  GIFs

16 hours ago, Devin said:

We do.

spacer.png

DIRECT ME!

16 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

Several people in here have come for my throat before :rip:

Specifically @Devin and @*-ChriZ-*, even though I was defending him :deadbanana2:

Nobody is safe in this base, not even Beyoncé. Unless your Blue Ivy you're basically walking on egg shells.:ahh:

I can't imagine them dragging you. It's ridiculous that I keep missing in on the action, UGH! They should actually cherish your contributions to the base instead of lighting your behind up.

I wonder if Blue Ivy has a hidden account here. This territory is dangerous. Everyone needs skin as thick as an elephant to survive

Edited by Beyonce-Minaj

Has anyone considered that the Cuff It challenge was planted? We know labels do this for TikTok challenges all the time. It seemed to take off the moment BMS was pulled from radio. Maybe it was planned to be the single all along and we can expect a further push as it continues to rise 

The only song I would remove is Church Girl.  Or split it into two songs.  Alone they sound dope, together chaotic.  

The vocals at the beginning and Beys voice throughout eat tho.  Ready for a lil gospel Bey in act ii or whatever is the RnB act.  

1 hour ago, Daydream said:

Plastic Off The Sofa

All Up In Your Mind

Move

This every easy. Energy, America Has A Problem & Heated (or Church Girl as an alternate third option) 

I honestly keep forgetting about AHAP :rip:

26 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

This. Like it's pretty obviously a cheeky play on words :rip:

Edited by Machete

Y’all still pretending like Thique isn’t the worst song on the album? 

CUFF IT becoming a real hit chosen by the public literally. I bet many didn't see that one coming huh? lol. A good body of work will always be recognized, promotion or not. A music video is nice of course but it was never an obligation to get a hit. What Beyoncé is showing right now is a master class of letting MUSIC flow naturally for a while before any manipulations from visuals or promotions. Music in its purest form. You can only do that as an artist when you are truly confident in the QUALITY of work and i'm so proud as a fan that quality is something that will never be questioned for my fave. By the time she is done with the other acts, i bet some music insiders will rethink some things lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.