Adele breaks Spotify record

Godele

I’m more interested in this song’s longevity…

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lostcause

• Protocol

• WildHeart

• supertiffany

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of our opinions on the song it was obviously going to smash hard.

Edited by 4Real
forgot a word

2 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

I’m more interested in this song’s longevity…

Don't worry. It'll probably do well. 

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Congratulations to Adele.

Though this is a good indication that the only important thing for the gp is the artist and not the music itself. As long as you are popular, what you release will do well on streaming these days.

Easy On Me really is a safe and predictable song that sound like most of 25. I’m not surprised she’s already breaking records with it as she definitely is the biggest name in the music industry since her 21 era. 

i really don’t think the GP wants adele to do anything experimental, and they are fine with that (as am i tbh)

if she released albums more often i’m sure more people would be tired of it but with only three records in the last 10 years, i feel like people are happy to have more of her style of music 

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Congratulations to Adele.

Though this is a good indication that the only important thing for the gp is the artist and not the music itself. As long as you are popular, what you release will do well on streaming these days.

Easy On Me really is a safe and predictable song that sound like most of 25. I’m not surprised she’s already breaking records with it as she definitely is the biggest name in the music industry since her 21 era. 

Well you’re speaking as if changing your sound automatically generates success. It can just as easily be people know what to expect from Adele and if it’s good music, then it’ll blow.

Not that it takes Adele to drop to indicate what you’re talking about. There’s a handful of artists with bad music who debut large just from their name (BTS for current times). Adele might not be doing much different than what the GP loves from her, but at least it’s not indigestible and doing large numbers.

5 minutes ago, LanaDelSex said:

i really don’t think the GP wants adele to do anything experimental, and they are fine with that (as am i tbh)

if she released albums more often i’m sure more people would be tired of it but with only three records in the last 10 years, i feel like people are happy to have more of her style of music 

This too.

Had she dropped an uptempo “bop” and it didn’t do well, what would the topic be? The GP wants ballads? It’s time to give up figuring out why Adele reaches everyone. It’s clear and doesn’t need a redesign.

Wow huge congrats this is crazy:clap3:

And we can see the trolls came here to post about BTS instead of Adele. Their obsession is really something else. :rip:

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

Or that ATRL is completely out of touch with what the majority of the GP actually wants.

DING DING DINGGG WE HAVE A WINNER

OT: JUST WOW! She really is the music industry 

15 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

only female Adele :clap3: 

Fixed it for you :wave2:

1 hour ago, Bey Admired said:

No one can doubt her streaming power again. We can finally lay that fictional narrative to its rest. 

I can't understand how anyone was even doubting it to begin with. Someone Like You has 1bn :ahh: 

anyway congrats to a legend. Truly makes me proud to be a Londoner :clap3: 

2 minutes ago, Doogle said:

I can't understand how anyone was even doubting it to begin with. Someone Like You has 1bn :ahh: 

anyway congrats to a legend. Truly makes me proud to be a Londoner :clap3: 

yes and Hello too, soon RITD

she has these 1B songs despite keeping her songs away from streaming before and havent had any songs released after the streaming era that will boost her catalog. 

1 minute ago, supertiffany said:

yes and Hello too, soon RITD

she has these 1B songs despite keeping her songs away from streaming before and havent had any songs released after the streaming era that will boost her catalog. 

Right, not to mention the insane digital #s all these songs did... and how much their parent albums sold.. Still a billion. See when you make classics :lmao: 

Is she breaking the US record as well? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.