• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue Rose

• slw84

• Yog

• By the Water

15 minutes ago, mcohen said:

I guess you skipped over the logic part.

Think about it. 

You are taking into consideration one week for ME! as if the song will keep doing 670 points every week. Do you really think when it's all said and done, ME! will be anywhere in the top 20 of biggest top 2 peaking songs? Unless you are creating a specific record for ME!. Now we just need BB to acknowledge "the biggest #2 peaking song in a week".

Think about it.

EDIT: I said top 20, but I even doubt that it will reach top 50, when Taylor's "You Belong With Me" is top 25.

Edited by Scarface

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Delete this era. Start over.

Qt6AypU.gif

this gif, I- :bibliahh:

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, Orsay said:

Gaga going #1 but Taylor can’t? That is so sad

Do you understand how the point system works? :rip:

2 minutes ago, Slamless said:

How did this turn into another Perfect Remix debate.

Deflection. Its not that deep. :lmao:

Too bad Taylor pulled all her tricks for the song already. I mean, what's left? She's done vinyls, gifting, autographs, mv, performance, radio interviews and the song is still falling.

Its like she pushed weeks worth of promo into one week to get a #1 she didn't get and now what is there left to do? :deadbanana4: She would have been #2 no matter what. They wasted so much energy and money into a single week when they could have built sustainability by rolling out all the extra over the new month or so. 

On a side note,  I wish my fave would push her music like this. Well, not exactly like this, cause the Hive would have to drag. But it would be cute if she at least...tried a little. :deadbanana4: For that, I applaud Taylor.

?

Edited by Shaner69

Question is will it have the largest point loss on week #3 of #2 song. 

4 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

this gif, I- :bibliahh:

3NsA2.gif

karma kept receipts all along. if this era goes like reputation all the post-hype follow ups will do even worse.

but she'll still sell millions of albums. new legacy act incoming!

source.gif

1 hour ago, Theus said:

The only "gimmick" is the live vinyl. The rest is normal / standard promo for an artist of her forte. Kiii at y'all acting as if Lil Nas X doesn't has like three different versions of the song helping it staying on the top spot.

PLEASE. As if asking fans to constantly gift (and instructing them on how to do so), making 30 sec videos of the song SPECIFICALLY on YouTube and having limited merch every day of the first week aren’t gimmicks. The TaylorNation tweets all week SCREAMED desperation, let’s not. 

1 minute ago, feelslikeadream said:

Do you understand how the point system works? :rip:

Everyone does. And if we use this argument against every #1 with any other #1 that had more points then we’re just getting into unreasonable territory.

Imagine arguing any of 2017 or 2018’s #1’s not being legitimate because if Adele had just released 2,000 pt Hello during any of their runs, they would have been #2’s?

OT: Shallow is a #1 Hot 100 smash in 2019. Not everyone can relate

9 minutes ago, Mezter said:

After Swifties talked ALL that **** about Ariana being frontloaded and having no competition...

I stan Ariana, but to be fair, both of her #1s would’ve been blocked by OTR. ME!’s first week had more points than both TUN and 7R did at any point, so objectively, Taylor did have more competition.

2 minutes ago, skankle said:

karma kept receipts all along. if this era goes like reputation all the post-hype follow ups will do even worse.

but she'll still sell millions of albums. new legacy act incoming!

source.gif

155b86104f73c91fd474e599ff45dc5c551cb0eb

great for ME! :clap3: most points for a female song since LWYMMD by... Taylor herself :alexz:

Also I find kinda dumb that the physical CDs and Vinyls did not count. The 193k figure is definitely digital sales only (as mentioned in the article).

so lets they get shipped in its 10th week, the song would JUMP because of that? :toofunny3: 

Edited by State of Grace.

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Blade said:

Everyone does. And if we use this argument against every #1 with any other #1 that had more points then we’re just getting into unreasonable territory.

Imagine arguing any of 2017 or 2018’s #1’s not being legitimate because if Adele had just released 2,000 pt Hello during any of their runs, they would have been #2’s?

Umm, exactly the point: with 700 points on ME!, it easily could have gone #1 in most weeks. The user saying "Taylor can't get a #1" is obviously ludicrous when you take into consideration the points.

It's like some people don't realize you can celebrate your fave's accomplishments without resorting to ridiculous, illogical attacks against someone else. Sad.

since spotify opened in US, #1s that only spent one week in the T2:

Part of Me, 2nd highest week #4

Pillowtalk, 2nd highest week #4

Sucker, 2nd highest weak #4

Shallow, 2nd highest week #5

well, I guess me can't be the next shallow

Thinking Of You

Y’all remember when they kept saying “Wait until the REAL main pop girls like Taylor come back” when Ariana was doing her thing :bibliahh: Boo boo the fool 

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Blade said:

Gaga going #1 with a months old soundtrack single, but Taylor can’t hit number one with her highly anticipated lead single featuring one of the hottest male acts at the moment.  Monsters won :clap3:

Old Town Road. :clap3:

It's not a bad thing to be beaten by a global artist like Lil Nas X, but losing after all those gimmicks isn't such a great look.

Edited by Letemtalk

2 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Umm, exactly the point: with 700 points on ME!, it easily could have gone #1 in most weeks. The user saying "Taylor can't get a #1" is obviously ludicrous when you take into consideration the points.

It's like some people don't realize you can celebrate your fave's accomplishments without resorting to ridiculous, illogical attacks against someone else. Sad.

fax

giphy.gif

Ava :rip: 

14 minutes ago, Scarface said:

You are taking into consideration one week for ME! as if the song will keep doing 670 points every week. Do you really think when it's all said and done, ME! will be anywhere in the top 20 of biggest top 2 peaking songs? Unless you are creating a specific record for ME!. Now we just need BB to acknowledge "the biggest #2 peaking song in a week".

Think about it.

EDIT: I said top 20, but I even doubt that it will reach top 50, when Taylor's "You Belong With Me" is top 25.

I never claimed any of this :rip:

3 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Y’all remember when they kept saying “Wait until the REAL main pop girls like Taylor come back” when Ariana was doing her thing :bibliahh: Boo boo the fool 

OharaFh.gif

9 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

the only fool here is you and the way you’ve been acting this past week :toofunny3:

OT: biggest week for a female song since LWYMMD! luvs it! :heart2:

Edited by State of Grace.

Just the fact that everyone is here celebrating that she is #2 shows how much every fanbase sans Adele's is afraid of her keep winning Queen

giphy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.