• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue Rose

• slw84

• Yog

• By the Water

1 hour ago, hector.adriel said:

Trust me when I say this, Taylor is coming with EVERYTHING she has for single #2. She's getting her #1 one way or another. 

Bookmark me.

I believe it. 

Although she does deserve the lashes that she’s getting here, she will return gloriously with a #1 song and will shut down all of her critics. For now let the critics rejoice since it’s rare to see Taylor losing, but it won’t last long. 

2 minutes ago, itsjem said:

Just the fact that everyone is here celebrating that she is #2 shows how much every fanbase sans Adele's is afraid of her keep winning Queen

giphy.gif

so true

rs_480x270-160121102712-jlo_ja_rule_3.gi

2 hours ago, richp13 said:

Why yall like this with ME! but when Roar got blocked by BL in its first full week you didn't drag katycats :priceless:

Katy didn’t even tweet about Roar once in its first week.

Jesus Christ at the toxicity in here over Taylor getting blocked at #2 :ace:

Grow the **** up people. 

Yeah, I'm a little sad that Taylor got blocked - Ariana, Gaga AND Taylor all going #1 in the same year would have been nice. But Taylor had this planned WAY in advance and no one expected Old Town Road to blow up as much as it did. 

I would have liked her to break Kelly's #1 record jump though. My Life Would Suck Without You genuinely aged like milk. 

22 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Do you understand how the point system works? :rip:

Yes and I also understand how much the arbitrary title of “#1" means to popular artists like Gaga and Taylor, only one of which has achieved it this year :sistrens:

14 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

since spotify opened in US, #1s that only spent one week in the T2:

Part of Me, 2nd highest week #4

Pillowtalk, 2nd highest week #4

Sucker, 2nd highest weak #4

Shallow, 2nd highest week #5

well, I guess me can't be the next shallow

Don’t worry, ME! won’t be the next Shallow.

I dont think 7 months into its run it’ll be #14 on Global Spotify nor will it be #15 on the Hot 100 in its 30th week. Feel free to quote me in December though with Me!’s stats. 

1 minute ago, Uzi said:

awww

taylor-swift-mural-75d143ad-820a-4ca1-9b

GrIWf2y.gif

8 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

the only fool here is you and the way you’ve been acting this past week :toofunny3:

OT: biggest week for a female song since LWYMMD! luvs it! :heart2:

*Biggest digital sales week

7R’s biggest week had more points.

2 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

Asking fans to gift the song on iTunes with #FromMeToYou, trending #1 WW (X)

Instructing fans how to gift properly to count as a sale (X)

Retweeting and posting fans who gift the song

10 digital single downloads with CD/Vinyl purchase (X)

Limited edition 24 hour merch bundles everyday this week (X)

Hosting daily streaming parties with #ListenToMe (X)

Spotify vertical video with sneak peak of BBMAs performance (X) 

Spotify vertical loop on her entire discography promoting the song (X)

Autographing select merch bundles (X)

Instagram/Facebook ads (X)

TikTok ads (X)

Spotify pop-up ad (X)

YouTube ads abuot merch bundles (X)

YouTube ads with the entire MV (counts as views) (X)

Every single banner on iTunes (5 banners) (X)

Every single banner on Apple Music (5 banners) (X)

Spotify banner + 100M playlist audience reach

Billboards worldwide

Billboard Music Awards opening performance

YouTube notifying non-subscribers about the MV

Announced the song at NFL Draft 1st round to 11M+ live viewers

Good Morning America interview

ABC/NFL/ESPN commercial with the song (X)

Daily updating of the Spotify vertical loop (X)

MV behind the scenes (counts as streams)

Radio interviews

Radio deal on Pop format

Radio deal on HAC format

Four Vinyl singles

CD single

A #2 debut would've respectable but after all of this... the lashings are deserved.

1557159781-25ccb1d0-d7e3-4afd-aaa1-31383

:rip:

Who would have thought that it would be an ATRLer who would actually defeat Miss Swift? :ahh:

Thinking Of You
10 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

the only fool here is you and the way you’ve been acting this past week :toofunny3:

Aren’t you tired, Miss Hilly?

4 minutes ago, Uzi said:

awww

taylor-swift-mural-75d143ad-820a-4ca1-9b

where is this :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

Because it wasn't going against a #1 as strong as OTR :rip: No amount of gimmicks and promo would give Beyoncé 670 points.

Except with 3 days of sales and airplay alone it debuted #12 so imagine if she had a full week, all streaming platforms, and half of the promo Taylor had for ME!. You'll be delusional to think she wouldnt hit that number.

43 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

PLEASE. As if asking fans to constantly gift (and instructing them on how to do so), making 30 sec videos of the song SPECIFICALLY on YouTube and having limited merch every day of the first week aren’t gimmicks. The TaylorNation tweets all week SCREAMED desperation, let’s not. 

Ummm so do you expect a person who is trying to be successful to NOT do any sort of marketing, promotion, or work? Some of y’all have no brains. Taylor Swift is still a person at the end of the day like anyone else on the planet. Things arent going to magically be handed to her on a silver platter. If she wants #1 or #2 or #3, she has to WORK HARD for it. YOU might define it as desperation but in the real competitive world, it’s called diligence and doing your job.

Edited by Buffy

6 minutes ago, highwind44029 said:

Who would have thought that it would be an ATRLer who would actually defeat Miss Swift? :ahh:

4HmdlRw.gif

The fact that y’all actually believe she’ll have another chance at #1 after the way her radio-friendly non-leads from reputation performed. She won’t be going #1 with this album, she has become a hype-based act with sales that are always extremely front loaded. If the first single didn’t do it none of them will, bookmark me :toofunny2: 

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

Because it wasn't going against a #1 as strong as OTR :rip: No amount of gimmicks and promo would give Beyoncé 670 points.

Except with 3 days of sales and airplay alone it debuted #12 so imagine if she had a full week, all streaming platforms, and half of the promo Taylor had for ME!. You'll be delusional to think she wouldnt hit that number.

31 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

PLEASE. As if asking fans to constantly gift (and instructing them on how to do so), making 30 sec videos of the song SPECIFICALLY on YouTube and having limited merch every day of the first week aren’t gimmicks. The TaylorNation tweets all week SCREAMED desperation, let’s not. 

The first one isn't because it does not affect charts. And as I said: Normal promo for an artist of her forte and stuff that Lil Nas also pulled with video challanges, vinyls, multiple remixes with know names of the industry in order to keep the top spot :cm: And anyone from Gaga to Ariana would also have their songs blocked if they were facing something as big as OTR, as Me! had more points this weeks than any of these songs during the chart run so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.