Hot 100: #2 Me!

iHype.

A former Barb and  ATRL member defeats Taylor Swift and stays on top of the charts in the biggest music market in the world. Now let that sink in.

p0SCrVU.gif

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue Rose

• slw84

• Yog

• By the Water

2 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Except with 3 days of sales and airplay alone it debuted #12 so imagine if she had a full week, all streaming platforms, and half of the promo Taylor had for ME!. You'll be delusional to think she wouldnt hit that number.

#12 is less than 200 points :rip: That's nice for Beyoncé but there's a huge jump from that to 670 points. You think that in the past 10 years Beyoncé could simply get a #1 whenever she wanted but didn't? If that was the case she wouldn't have jumped on tragic songs like Walk On Water.

2 minutes ago, Embustera said:

Swifties just log out :lmao:

giphy.gif

break up being stable in the Top 20 so far :eek: 

#2 - #8 - #13 - #15 - #15 - #15 - #14 - #18 - #19 - #18 - #14 - #13 

:clap3: 

2 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

A former Barb and  ATRL member defeats Taylor Swift and stays on top of the charts in the biggest music market in the world. Now let that sink in.

p0SCrVU.gif

mess 

giphy.gif

Just now, Genio said:

i need it back Top 10 soon

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Fender said:

And now they still have to make all of those CD/Vinyl singles and get her to sign stuff 

1557159781-25ccb1d0-d7e3-4afd-aaa1-31383

exactly what i was thinking about a few days ago :rip: you know SOMEONE is suggesting they cancel (would never happen)

Reading the OP about biggest jumps on the H100, Carrie Underwood could’ve probably had a top ten with Cowboy Casanova had she given it a full week release instead of only 3-days. :grump: 

4 minutes ago, Genio said:

A solid #2 third single

15 minutes ago, itsjem said:

Just the fact that everyone is here celebrating that she is #2 shows how much every fanbase sans Adele's is afraid of her keep winning Queen

giphy.gif

Today I tried giving a chance to Me while on the bus. Literally as I was listening I started feeling awkward & uncomfortable especially as the bridge was playing.

Let's be honest, Me going 1 on bb100 would just be weird. I hope Tay understands that evolving artistically is more important than trying to appeal to toddlers & kindergartners for no1 spots. Reputation had so much potential & she could really grow from that.

I don't think it's about being afraid of Tay. Probably users genuinely don't want such a bad song to be glorified.

9 minutes ago, By the Water said:

#12 is less than 200 points :rip: That's nice for Beyoncé but there's a huge jump from that to 670 points. You think that in the past 10 years Beyoncé could simply get a #1 whenever she wanted but didn't? If that was the case she wouldn't have jumped on tragic songs like Walk On Water.

Sis you know damn well #12 was not less than 200 pts back 2013-14. THIS WAS SOMEONE WHO BLOCKED STREAMING SERVICES ON PURPOSE AND CURRENTLY HAD A 3 YEAR OLD ALBUM CHART BACK IN THE TOP 10.The song that top it was Dark Horse and it was huge....what are you doing? :deadbanana4:

THE DELUSION is strong Swifties.

3 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

Asking fans to gift the song on iTunes with #FromMeToYou, trending #1 WW (X)

Instructing fans how to gift properly to count as a sale (X)

Retweeting and posting fans who gift the song

10 digital single downloads with CD/Vinyl purchase (X)

Limited edition 24 hour merch bundles everyday this week (X)

Hosting daily streaming parties with #ListenToMe (X)

Spotify vertical video with sneak peak of BBMAs performance (X) 

Spotify vertical loop on her entire discography promoting the song (X)

Autographing select merch bundles (X)

Instagram/Facebook ads (X)

TikTok ads (X)

Spotify pop-up ad (X)

YouTube ads abuot merch bundles (X)

YouTube ads with the entire MV (counts as views) (X)

Every single banner on iTunes (5 banners) (X)

Every single banner on Apple Music (5 banners) (X)

Spotify banner + 100M playlist audience reach

Billboards worldwide

Billboard Music Awards opening performance

YouTube notifying non-subscribers about the MV

Announced the song at NFL Draft 1st round to 11M+ live viewers

Good Morning America interview

ABC/NFL/ESPN commercial with the song (X)

Daily updating of the Spotify vertical loop (X)

MV behind the scenes (counts as streams)

Radio interviews

Radio deal on Pop format

Radio deal on HAC format

Four Vinyl singles

CD single

A #2 debut would've respectable but after all of this... the lashings are deserved.

1557159781-25ccb1d0-d7e3-4afd-aaa1-31383

OMFG :soda:

Edited by halcyonday

32 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Ummm so do you expect a person who is trying to be successful to NOT do any sort of marketing, promotion, or work? Some of y’all have no brains. Taylor Swift is still a person at the end of the day like anyone else on the planet. Things arent going to magically be handed to her on a silver platter. If she wants #1 or #2 or #3, she has to WORK HARD for it. YOU might define it as desperation but in the real competitive world, it’s called diligence and doing your job.

27 minutes ago, Theus said:

The first one isn't because it does not affect charts. And as I said: Normal promo for an artist of her forte and stuff that Lil Nas also pulled with video challanges, vinyls, multiple remixes with know names of the industry in order to keep the top spot :cm: And anyone from Gaga to Ariana would also have their songs blocked if they were facing something as big as OTR, as Me! had more points this weeks than any of these songs during the chart run so far.

:bibliahh:

Isn’t it funny how all these people you’re naming that do these “gimmicks” (which they don’t) are people who are MUCH below Taylor’s level of success? In her standards this is VERY embarrassing. 

What TaylorNation did was desperation sweethearts, point blank period. Log off.

4HmdlRw.gif

All the gimmicks, payola, controversy and countdown and nothing to show for it. She turned the word upside down for a quick little single but forgot to do the most important thing: release a good song

giphy.gif

Y’all are not getting the point. If Taylor was doing all this promo against Drake or Adele, all her gimmicks wouldn’t be as embarrassing (still desperate though.) Her and her team did ALL THIS EFFORT and failed to dethrone an ATRLER. That is embarrassing, I’m saying this as someone that likes her.

4HmdlRw.gif

14 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Sis you know damn well #12 was not less than 200 pts back 2013-14. THIS WAS SOMEONE WHO BLOCKED STREAMING SERVICES ON PURPOSE AND CURRENTLY HAD A 3 YEAR OLD ALBUM CHART BACK IN THE TOP 10.The song that top it was Dark Horse and it was huge....what are you doing? :deadbanana4:

Taylor did that too but that's beyond the point. 

Which song are you talking about? 

Number 2 isn’t bad in general. It’s bad for Taylor after all the tricks she tried this week. 

3 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Well, if you wanna take the decline in points we've seen over the years into account then you can't ignore ME! did 670 with that decline. That's more than double what the #3 song did. You know very few #1s have done twice as many points as the #2 song right? ME! didn't do it because it's up against one of the strongest #1s of the decade. Sure, maybe DIL could've gone #1 with an extra push back then but that means nothing because as big as DH was OTR is bigger at least in terms of chart points peaks. And Taylor has blocked her music from streaming on purpose in the past as well yet you don't see people going around saying Style and Wildest Dreams only didn't reach #1 because of that.

2 minutes ago, mcohen said:

Taylor did that too but that's beyond the point. 

Which song are you talking about? 

Drunk in Love....someone came in and tried to shade saying that at least ME! did better than Drunk in Love did...like the 5 year difference and the barely there promo of that song compared to the massive promo of ME! wasnt a factor to that.

2 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Well, if you wanna take the decline in points we've seen over the years into account then you can't ignore ME! did 670 with that decline. That's more than double what the #3 song did. You know very few #1s have done twice as many points as the #2 song right? ME! didn't do it because it's up against one of the strongest #1s of the decade. Sure, maybe DIL could've gone #1 with an extra push back then but that means nothing because as big as DH was OTR is bigger at least in terms of chart points peaks. And Taylor has blocked her music from streaming on purpose in the past as well yet you don't see people going around saying Style and Wildest Dreams only didn't reach #1 because of that.

The only reason I even brought this up was because someone was trying throw weak shade over a 5 year old song :rip:

9 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

Y’all are not getting the point. If Taylor was doing all this promo against Drake or Adele, all her gimmicks wouldn’t be as embarrassing (still desperate though.) Her and her team did ALL THIS EFFORT and failed to dethrone an ATRLER. That is embarrassing, I’m saying this as someone that likes her.

4HmdlRw.gif

“aN aTrLeR” that would have blocked everyone but Adele lmao?

miss me with the “I stan her! i like her!” :lmao: 

12 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

4HmdlRw.gif

This argument makes no sense. What you don’t get is that OTR might as well be a song by Drake or Adele, it’s the strongest #1 in recent memory, it’s broken Drake’s streaming record multiple times.

Trying to discount OTR’s smash qualities to downplay Taylor is tired, member formerly known as 1989.

U4T2k6G.jpg

I- :rip: 

Just now, devmachine said:

U4T2k6G.jpg

I- :rip: 

Can you really even call it limited edition at this point? :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.