Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Any ATRL members into skating, rollerblading, or rollerskating?

Featured Replies

Hello skating enthusiasts, I'm a new rollerblading fan and I think I do OK so far, I've not quite mastered the quick stops but I noticed some progress. But so far I've been only practicing on smooth surfaces (indoors and paved parks). I never built the courage to actually go outside on the roads for fear of pebbles, cracks and uneven pavement.

Can you share your progress, tricks and maybe gear that helped you with long distance skating? Or are you like me that prefers a safe zone for fear of getting hurt?

Thanks and happy skating.

skating as in skateboards or ice skating?

as far as rollerblading, it's a lot of fun! and ice skating transfers over to rollerblading. my suggestion would be to find bike paths/lanes for road bikes. they're always really smooth because at the speed some road bikes go, one little pebble and you can get seriously hurt. so it's a good way to practice on the roads but still be confident that there won't be any rough terrain. and always take your time! no need to rush.

Ok, enough with yall weird fetishes, skat and ****, dont even know what those other two even mean....

  • Author
3 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

skating as in skateboards or ice skating?

as far as rollerblading, it's a lot of fun! and ice skating transfers over to rollerblading. my suggestion would be to find bike paths/lanes for road bikes. they're always really smooth because at the speed some road bikes go, one little pebble and you can get seriously hurt. so it's a good way to practice on the roads but still be confident that there won't be any rough terrain. and always take your time! no need to rush.

Skateboarding I suppose. I am taking my time but I was wondering about people in here that do it for longer distances.

It's so freeing and fun tho. I love the feeling of gliding away while listening to music.

One of my favorite activities as a kid. I used to skate everywhere, especially to the market. It's been so long since I last skated though emofish

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Hey Babes said:

Fentys be doing anything these days

Lana is my #1 fave for a few years now tho.

I used to rollerblade around my neighborhood as a child

hilary-duff-in-the-early-2000s-v0-1mtz3l

I wasn't very good at it though.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpMUCmLJa49gnRjYJ0TwY

  • Author
4 minutes ago, toast said:

Love rollerskating on quads, at least once a week

Do you use different wheels for different surfaces? Or you do it recreationally in a safe spot like me?

^

I've preferred learning on smooth surfaces (with indoor wheels), but recently found that I've gotten good at not falling even if I hit my own skate/nearly run into someone. I'll probably get some outdoor wheels and try doing it on one of the walking/bike loops at a nearby park with wrist guards and knee pads this summer

Edited by toast

Tried to get into skateboarding last summer (this really cute guy I was fooling around with was into it) and it was a flop.

I have a coworker who sometimes come to work rollerblading and I think it's so cool

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Tried to get into skateboarding last summer (this really cute guy I was fooling around with was into it) and it was a flop.

Oh no babes. Don't give up. I sucked the first few days but I've gotten so much better at balance and speed and overall technique after just 2 weeks! I've been doing it for a few months now that's why I feel like I could be confident going out on the road it's just the fear of breaking something that terrifies me. rip

I tried skateboarding (Avril Lavigne + my older cousin & his super hot skater friends were the reason) but I was so bad at it. Then I started rollerblading, and I'm surprisingly good at it, but I haven't in a very long time. More than anything, because I hate the sun and I'm too blind to do it at night lmao.

But I enjoy it a lot johnald I tried ice skating once or twice, and I was so proud of myself for not falling or dying.

I wasn't good at skateboarding. I'd always bust my ass. But I used to have so much fun. And I used to love rollerskating. I was too scared to ever try rollerblading though... I'm not sure why since I went ice skating a handful of times when I was younger and did fairly well.

I love rollerskating and ice skating. It's always a ton of fun whenever I get the chance to do it. I need to make a new memory regarding it, but ice skating is probably the most fun I've ever had in my life.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.