Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Should gaga perform DWUW (solo version) ever again?

Featured Replies

Would it be terrible if she added the solo version of DWUW to the setlist of any of her future tours?

 

I absolutely love that song and I would have no problem with it. It would be the solo version naturally

  • Replies 27
  • Views 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • No the fact she got away with it is good enough 

  • It would be nice but she's died. Unfortunate. If she had it solo it would've been bigger than Applause. The hype around the MV drop was insane and the song instantly grabbed the GP.

  • HeavyMetalAura
    HeavyMetalAura

    I think the only way she could do it would be to set it up with a speech talking about her sexual assault, the trauma she went through, and how writing the song was a way to help her process it. And t

Maybe as a one-off piano performance for the fans. I don't think she'll ever have it in a proper setlist again :rip:

I don't think she should. Removing the feature was the right move but the song is literally about sexual submission so I think it's forever going to be tainted unfortunately. And it's not like it's one of her staple hits so who cares tbh

  • Author
Just now, Shinkirou said:

I don't think she should. Removing the feature was the right move but the song is literally about sexual submission so I think it's forever going to be tainted unfortunately. And it's not like it's one of her staple hits so who cares tbh

I careee

 

I love the little whitney vocalization she does every time she performs it

She'll never touch the song that almost destroyed her career.. It's not happening.. :lakitu:

Spoiler

 

gretchen-crying.gif

 

It would be nice but she's died. Unfortunate. If she had it solo it would've been bigger than Applause. The hype around the MV drop was insane and the song instantly grabbed the GP.

This song had quite an impact on me when it came out, too bad she made it with that man :gaycat6: 

 

I'm just grateful she's playing artpop songs at all again :gaygacat7:

no, but it would be cool if she revisited that sound again. including r. kelly on there was always a mistake, it should've been a solo track at the end of day. if she really wanted a male feature, she could've picked from the (literal) dozens of male R&B singers from the 80s and 90s that would've jumped to be on a collab with her. such a waste. 

Edited by Edonis

17 minutes ago, D.M.F said:

No. Only with Xtina again.

The worst version bar none. Unlistenable screaming match.

She should have deleted the song from all streaming & did a better song with Xtina.

 

 Venus would have slayed with the both of them :duca:

I think the only way she could do it would be to set it up with a speech talking about her sexual assault, the trauma she went through, and how writing the song was a way to help her process it. And that she made decisions about who to include on the song and how to present it to the world visually that she does not stand by and that were made in a state where she was heavily depressed, on many different drugs, and working through deep trauma so the end result was disgusting because her trauma felt disgusting. And now is the time to reintroduce it as a solo version with the original message of reclaiming one's body at the forefront. 
 

With that context, as a solo song I can see it being well received and being looked at as a reclamation. But I don't think she should just add it to her setlists again without that preface. I also think it's still too soon. Maybe for ARTPOP's 20th anniversary or something. 

No. 

 

That entire single rollout was the biggest mistake of her career that almost permanently ended her career. 

 

She should never perform this wretched song again or give it the time of day. 

 

Venus was much better and should have stayed the second single, anyway. 

i absolutely adore the song (without him), the bassline is chef's kiss. i think like @HeavyMetalAura said with a speech like that she could and should perform the song again.

No, he would get money either way, would defeat the whole purpose of deleting the song in the first place.

 

Her learning from her **** action of working with a rapist (and also an alleged one for the music video) is much more important than her ever performing the "bop" again.

Edited by Popboi.

Imagine caring about this cursed song more than 10 years later… you must be so bored.

 

I will give it to you tho, it is one of her best songs and R Kelly sounds good af on it. 

  • ATRL Moderator

Would it be good for her career? Probably not.

 

Would it be good for me personally? Absolutely!

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.