Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Tame Impala - 'Deadbeat'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 156
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Horrible title to match the horrible music we got so far?

  • It's so obvious when people decide to hate an artist, this is an example. The overreaction for everything doesn't make sense. Like saying the cover is horrible? Make it make sense.

39 minutes ago, slowednreverb said:

I saved My Old Ways, Obsolete, Afterthought & End of Summer.

 

I warmed up to End of Summer because I can relate to it quite a lot. It fits one of my past situations to a T. I had a crush on someone in summer school and I opened up to them on the last day. I waited 90 days to speak to them, I had already wasted my chance by then. I can relate to the self loathing insecure loser persona Kevin Parker projected quite a lot actually. I don't think the record is an artistic epic fail. I actually like how awkward it sounds overall. It reminds me of a rockstar in a midlife crisis regressing into his old ways, trying to become a DJ. The main criticism is also the story in a sense.

omg how old are people on here? lmfao

4.8 from the 'publication' that gave Ice 'Fart' Spice a 7.6 is kind of a badge of honor 

 

 

Fantano gave Deadbeat a light 2 LOL

 

 

The absolute panning actually feeds into the narrative of the era. This is performance art :clap3:

 

For some reason I don't find the album cringe like Everything Now and the downward trajectory of Arcade Fire. There's something chic about the lashings. I appreciate this album more than Slow Rush which was a Starbucks playlist. At least this one is a real mess.

Edited by slowednreverb

Kevin Parker and Katy Perry boatmates in critical acclaim :clap3:

 

KP

KP!

 

All my gurls look

 

GOOOOWWWWGEOUSSSSSSS

Pitchfork's score is accurate imo but Fantano is just riding the hate wave :rip: 

4 hours ago, djcalpal said:

Not me actually liking this... am I alone? 

baby you are not. Ive had this on repeat since the day it dropped

I love the unsettling liminal soundscape of Not My World but the vocals are completely unnecessary. Just make it an instrumental track. Many tracks on the album could've been instrumental.

afterthought CLICKED CLICKED CLICKED this morning :jonnyknife:

 

album is creeping up to at 9.2/10 for me yas god

57 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

afterthought CLICKED CLICKED CLICKED this morning :jonnyknife:

 

album is creeping up to at 9.2/10 for me yas god

This album has me in an absolute CHOCK HOLD :WAP:

Afterthought, My Old Ways, Obsolete and No Reply on replay :WAP:

this album TORE

 

he really released the weakest tracks first before giving us this masterpiece lol

 

peak

It's mid. Far from his heights from the beginning up to The Currents. I thought he'd get back in shape from The Slow Rush, but went into EDM instead. :biblio:

 

I enjoyed three songs. I guess my expectations have been different from what he wanted to deliver this time, and it's fine. 

 

The 2nd part carries this project, and yet it's still mid with "highlights" considered.

 

The album is 6,5/10 at best, taking into account his early output. 

Edited by Mickie

ajayii-we-are-going-to-pretend.gif

 

I hate the deadbeat and loser theme/imagery for this album, it is cringe and avoid for me. All the merch with DEADBEAT in all caps :deadbanana4: It was kind of a turn off for me before I even listened to it

 

I tried listening to the album in full and while the production is nice, a lot of the songs fall flat with repetitive and corny lyrics. That Family Guy lyric took me out of enjoying the song

 

Dracula is an immaculate bop though

 

I'm going to need some more time with it and will try listening to it again because I don't like how disappointed I am with it. I love his other albums

Loser may be top 5 of his discography lord jesus omg it's hitting this morning

 

I cannot lie I feel defeated

 

take it as a sign

 

YOU BADLY NEED IT 

**guitarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr**

 

YOU BADLY NEED IT

**guitarrrrrrrrrrrr**

 

YOU BADLY WANT IT 

 

:jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny3:

  • 3 weeks later...

This album finally CLICKED :jonny4:

 

I love Obsolete, Afterthought, Dracula, My Old Ways

 

No Reply, Piece Of Heaven, Oblivion grew on me too and Not My World and Loser are decent

 

the only skips for me now are See You Next Tuesday and End Of Summer

 

Spoiler

they-switch.gif

 

FINALLY PEOPLE ARE RECOGNIZING THIS MASTERPIECE

 

:WAP::jonnycat::loki:

 

this is my album of the year

  • 4 months later...

Checking it out cause the Dracula Remix came on and I liked it

Idk how to feel about the album yet, it's very weird but in a way that works?….kinda lol

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.