Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Tame Impala - 'Deadbeat'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 156
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Horrible title to match the horrible music we got so far?

  • It's so obvious when people decide to hate an artist, this is an example. The overreaction for everything doesn't make sense. Like saying the cover is horrible? Make it make sense.

2 hours ago, Hikki said:

The receptions :suburban:

 

ok Imma skip this album then since I always get bad luck whenever I listen to his music for some reason :suburban:

It is the evil demonic serpent self loathing loser energies he's emitting

 

spacer.png

the lashings :deadbanana: i thought the snippets were cute but the full songs going NOWHERE. oh kevin... dracula is still a bop tho

He's in a creative rut. It's insane how Magdalena Bay has kinda taken his spot as the psychdelic pop / synthwave master :deadbanana:

Yeah there's a few good moments in there, but overall it's a bit **** isn't it?

 

Let me go listen to TLDP's new one, I have higher hopes for that.

3 hours ago, Erotica said:

Wow at all the negative comments here.

 

I am a new fan, got obsessed with EOS when it came out. Started listening to his old stuff and really enjoy it.

 

Re: Deadbeat - not a massive fan of Loser, but like Dracula. Currently on the first 2 songs of the album and I like what I'm hearing. 
 

He's clearly gained a new fan (me) by doing something new and now I've discovered his catalog. Artists need to do different things if they want to grow their audience. Also, repeating the same formula is boring. Hating so much is quite extreme.

yeah i think for people who just started listening to him (like me) the album is really great

my boss loves him and he hates the album because he said that it doesn't feel like a truly Tame Impala album

:suburban:

Oof.  This album is looong.  Best songs were pre-released.

Don't know what yall are talking about, i like this laid back synthwave vibe :jamming:

Am I the only one getting Timbaland vibes from the Piece of Heaven instrumental?

Dracula is amazing but the album as a whole is extremely underwhelming.. It makes me want to put on Eusexua instead.

 

Idk. I don't think this sound really works for him, it was giving circuit party music that just drones on and on and you need drugs to enjoy. 

Can't be the only one loving this :rip:I guess this is where Kevin Parker took the pseudo psychedelic pop we were promised on Radical Optimism ddddd 

Edited by Popboi.

11 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Can't be the only one loving this :rip:I guess this is where Kevin Parker took the pseudo psychedelic pop we were promised on Radical Optimism ddddd 

loving it also babe :duca:

I really enjoy this record overall. 

I want more time with it, but there are some career highs on this for sure.

but also some "ummmmmm" moments. 

 

 

Obsolete (career high)/Oblivion/Dracula/Not My World are top tier of this album. 

 

not sure where to rank it yet tho :skull:

 

8.5/10

 

 

What's this hate about it? I don't get it. I get not liking the album but the bad vibes are ??? 

 

He is the most chill guy on earth. 

Edited by moonllum

i wanted to like this album so badly but wow this sounds like a collection of demos wtf :toofunny2:

Dracula, Not My World, Ethereal Connection, Afterthought wow really great

 

I'm a little disappointed that he didn't go all in with the techno sound, he most definitely knew that his insufferable fans were going to pan this either way so it would be nice to double down on that, so I was expecting to be more hard hitting but it's a very enjoyable album

13 hours ago, California said:

Enya should sue for Piece of Heaven and Oblivion

fr but theyre kinda highlights thanks to her sound  :suburban:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.