Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Miley Cyrus - 'Something Beautiful'

Featured Replies

Shocker, a 4 and a half minute jazz/rock fusion song that was released on a Monday without a prior announcement and without playlisting or airplay is not racking in streams by the millions :giraffe:

 

Can we please just wait for End of the World to discuss the commercial side of things, like it's intended to, because how did yall seriously expect this to perform well commercially? :bird:

Edited by FlyOnTheWall

  • Replies 3k
  • Views 109.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • kyliefever2002
    kyliefever2002

  • Witnessed ET
    Witnessed ET

    Miley might be my favorite artist at the moment tbh. She's so versatile, her personality is to die for, she's always VERY authentic and none of that pretentious **** that other female popstars do, and

I still wonder if those tracklist lengths that have been posted are the real thing btw? The reliable insider deleted the tweet that he quoted them in and i dont think he usually deletes tweets? and I'm still not sure how a one hour album will fit on one LP but we'll see on Thursday when End of the World is out I guess. 

Edited by FlyOnTheWall

34 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

wtf this is terrible . She deserves better! 

 

29 minutes ago, wish said:

It's a partial debut, the song will probably rise to 1M tomorrow which is fine for the kind of song this is.


 

1 hour ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

I still wonder if those tracklist lengths that have been posted are the real thing btw? The reliable insider deleted the tweet that he quoted them in and i dont think he usually deletes tweets? and I'm still not sure how a one hour album will fit on one LP but we'll see on Thursday when End of the World is out I guess. 

EOTW length is already on Apple music

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

EOTW length is already on Apple music

Is it? Just checked, and only "Prelude" and the title track have their lengths there. (x)

2 hours ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

I still wonder if those tracklist lengths that have been posted are the real thing btw? The reliable insider deleted the tweet that he quoted them in and i dont think he usually deletes tweets? and I'm still not sure how a one hour album will fit on one LP but we'll see on Thursday when End of the World is out I guess. 

maybe a lisa/beyonce situation where they added tracks after submitting the album

5 hours ago, oceans said:

maybe a lisa/beyonce situation where they added tracks after submitting the album

But the album was supposedly done months ago

Well she did end up adding tracks on plastic hearts once the record was done so she's known to add on so I guess we'll see 

Why are people caring about streaming? Miley is serving artistry and talent!!!!

3 hours ago, Maxxie said:

Why are people caring about streaming? Miley is serving artistry and talent!!!!

THIS

4 hours ago, Maxxie said:

Why are people caring about streaming? Miley is serving artistry and talent!!!!

So if she served artistry and talent why are people not interested? Shouldn't they be streaming this big demonstration of talent?

f8mjXjb.gif

6 hours ago, Asparagus Spears said:

Well she did end up adding tracks on plastic hearts once the record was done so she's known to add on so I guess we'll see 

she did?

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

she did?

Two live covers and a remix but that doesn't really count imo :rip:

I heard Something Beautiful is inspired by her being in a cult? Is it possible the whole album is a concept album?

I saw the cult thing on Twitter as well. Smilers are already putting in the work! :clap3:

1 hour ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

Two live covers and a remix but that doesn't really count imo :rip:

Yeah that doesn't count

15 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

Is it? Just checked, and only "Prelude" and the title track have their lengths there. (x)

4:10

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

4:10

At least she isn't doing TikTok length songs.

10 hours ago, Europe said:

So if she served artistry and talent why are people not interested? Shouldn't they be streaming this big demonstration of talent?

f8mjXjb.gif

Genuine question, are you able to enjoy music without having Spotify numbers on your mind? This open and shameless display of loser behavior is INSANE :deadbanana2:

Edited by FlyOnTheWall

Ill reserve judgment to the lead single, but I am surprised her fanbase isnt streaming this.

Yeah, SB never had any real chance of pulling big numbers, it's very left-field for most listeners, but I do think the complete lack of noise around it, even among casual fans, should be a wake-up call for whoever is running the A&R team at Columbia.

 

The expected scenario here was a Doctor type of situation - a modest debut in the lower half of the Top 100, or even the Top 200, before dropping off the chart a couple of days later as fans found not much replay value in it, but these numbers suggest that not even casual fans were aware that Miley has a new song out. :rip:

 

Releasing it on a Monday afternoon, combined with the constant spamming of random posts and confusing messaging on social media, is largely to blame here. This isn't about misplaced expectations for chart performance - it's just shocking how badly they ****** up to the point that even casual fans aren't on board. 

 

I'm not really expecting EOTW to become a big hit or whatever, but hopefully Columbia along with her own team will do a better job to get the message out there now that it'll be the real single at play.

Edited by Scars

1 hour ago, Freakshowvato said:

Ill reserve judgment to the lead single, but I am surprised her fanbase isnt streaming this.

Our fanbase has been really weak since Bangerz tbh. There's a reason Flowers has been her only HUGE hit since then. Malibu and Midnight Sky benefitted from lead single hype and radio deals but even then couldn't get to the single digits on the Hot 100, and Used to Be Young was carried by HAC radio, which is a new area for Miley. Every other song of hers since then has pretty much flopped. She needs GP support.

 

I don't know how successful this era will be tbh, but I'm so glad she's experimenting and doing her thing. 

1 hour ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Our fanbase has been really weak since Bangerz tbh. There's a reason Flowers has been her only HUGE hit since then. Malibu and Midnight Sky benefitted from lead single hype and radio deals but even then couldn't get to the single digits on the Hot 100, and Used to Be Young was carried by HAC radio, which is a new area for Miley. Every other song of hers since then has pretty much flopped. She needs GP support.

 

I don't know how successful this era will be tbh, but I'm so glad she's experimenting and doing her thing. 

At least she got her flowers last era, she can have fun this era. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.