Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread 2025

Featured Replies

 

the ambulance siren is the ******* star of the show:jonny4:

 

I'm always waiting the whole song for 2:33 :jonny4: 

 

  • Replies 47.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sailor Moon
    Sailor Moon

    nnn the popup message nnn.. thought i was getting banned for a sec 

  • I'm going to eat the spaghetti today while reading all the meltdowns. I'm still not going to stream Spaghetti though but I will choose to stream this instead     After all the

  • aespa didn't chart but guess what, we're STILL not streaming Stray Kids  

4 minutes ago, IamCY said:

 

the ambulance siren is the ******* star of the show:jonny4:

 

I'm always waiting the whole song for 2:33 :jonny4: 

 

They literally served, ate, and then dipped

4 hours ago, Sheep said:

aespa doesn't have Warner and Kakao doesn't have SM anymore 

 

I've been saying forever now that aespa's streaming jump since Drama was inorganic and that they just started doing the same payola as everybody else. The payola is gone but the back to back slays keep coming so who really cares. :eli:

Wait did Warner drop them? How is it inorganic when the music is actually good and people really do **** with aespa?

3 hours ago, Pikachu said:

didn't Warner drop them long ago

Why though? **** Warner lol

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

They dropped Warner, not the other way around. Kakao has a standing deal with Columbia for every artist in their roster, which put aespa in a grey area that pushed them out of the US entirely.

What can we do to rectify this? Not aespa dropping Warner and then becoming bigger. Love that for the girls. Should and could the girls get signed to a us label or is it not worth it anymore?

2 hours ago, Pikachu said:

there aren't even any aespa songs on the main K-Pop playlist on Spotify :rip: there are even months old flop songs on there still. Looks like SM wants to quickly move on from Dirty Work. sounds like a power move to prove that the girls decisions don't work well compared to their choices.

Which is ******* gross. The song and video are great what's the issue? Labels are so weird imagine not supporting and sabotaging your own artists ******* weirdos 

2 hours ago, LovemeTear said:

Bruh their past cb success wasn't payola what? Drama, supernova and whiplash were genuinely some of the biggest Kpop songs last year. They were trending all over tiktok and social media. I literally got back into kpop after hearing that supernova meme
 

Dirty work just didn't stick with mass Kpop fandom… and it wasn't a traditional kpop release like we all heard the chorus weeks before

Dx why are yall talking so much **** about dirty work ENOUGH 

2 hours ago, nky0411 said:

Agree. The hype for DW was there BUT the song feels flat for most people.

 

I would say it is a slow burner. Not the hyperpop sound + infectious chorus that aespa used to do. A totally watered down version of Amargeddon. I do love the song. It is growing on me

Its not flat. Its an atmospheric bad ***** anthem by grown women for woman. You cant handle that then listen to Tick-tack, ti-tack, tick, tack-ta-tick, tack 

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

SM/aespa's extremely volatile relationships with US + Japanese record labels are a matter of public record, as is SM's botched change in distributors. SM produces the best idols but they're not business masterminds and never have been. The timing of their streams doubling lines up exactly with when they became a sister group to IVE.

 

Why are they like that? Like as a business dont they want to succeed like it doesn't make sense

 

2 hours ago, Harrier said:

Aespa girls apparently pushing Dirty Work so hard, but it ending up falling flat outside of Korea and not being very liked in general... They took an L I fear.

 

I don't think it is about playlisting, the song just isn't that good and got a very lukewarm response on all the Western discussion platforms I read like Reddit, Twitter, here etc. That tweet with a lot of likes pretending it doesn't exist says it all really.

 

If the song in September is better I fear I will have to side with SM A&Rs. They haven't really let the girls down before other than with 'Girls'. 

I don't think the girls advocating for a song they like is a bad idea, I'm glad they stood up for themselves. If SM had any brain cells they would have just done an album, made DW a prerelease single to satisfy the girls then released the other track they wanted with the album. Would have made the girls happy and they would have gotten the title they want.

1 hour ago, nky0411 said:

You lose your argument when you said 'Girls' is a let down.

 

Only hardcore MYs will understand how much 'Girls' the song slay. It sounds so grand during concert, especially as opening. It is classical hyperpop at its best which align to aespa core sound. The instrumental is 🔥, the raps and the verses are 🔥

 

The album, choreo and the overall rollout is a let down yes, but the choice of song is definitely NOT. 

 

 

I truly don't get the hot takes on Girls, it's hyperpop done RIGHT. Tesla? GNARLY! can't relate.

3 minutes ago, Jared said:

I truly don't get the hot takes on Girls, it's hyperpop done RIGHT. Tesla? GNARLY! can't relate.

it's only hated cuz it wasn't a hit. the hybe bots are also pushing the DW sucks/flopped narrative on twitter, success stans stopped streaming after the remix album glitch too

34 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Wait did Warner drop them? How is it inorganic when the music is actually good and people really do **** with aespa?

Why though? **** Warner lol

What can we do to rectify this? Not aespa dropping Warner and then becoming bigger. Love that for the girls. Should and could the girls get signed to a us label or is it not worth it anymore?

Which is ******* gross. The song and video are great what's the issue? Labels are so weird imagine not supporting and sabotaging your own artists ******* weirdos 

Dx why are yall talking so much **** about dirty work ENOUGH 

Its not flat. Its an atmospheric bad ***** anthem by grown women for woman. You cant handle that then listen to Tick-tack, ti-tack, tick, tack-ta-tick, tack 

Why are they like that? Like as a business dont they want to succeed like it doesn't make sense

 

The reality is that they partnered with Apple Music and put nothing into Spotify this era. SM is incredibly traditional - digital singles get bad promotion, single albums get weak promotion, mini albums get decent promotion and albums get excellent promotion.
 

It's pointless for SM to invest in Spotify because the returns are minuscule and get worse the more promotion and Discovery Mode you do. I literally started SEAs on this forum and it was back when 1,500 streams were equal to 1 album sale. But that's not the case on Spotify anymore and artists get different reimbursement rates now so SM is probably happier seeing their artists "flop" and pull 1M streams at a full rate than a KATSEYE who does Discovery Mode and gets 120M playlisting and makes less than half as much as Aespa's 1M streams with 3M+ streams.
 

All of that being said, "Dirty Work" is a bigger hit than this thread is giving it credit for being. It's crazy how Twitter hype will change people's opinions. It peaked #2 on Circle, #5 on the Global 200, etc. Even in its second week it outstreamed Hot globally despite having less than half the playlisting (Hot was the biggest global hit of 2025 by a 4th gen girl group this year which is why I used it).

 

Dirty Work currently:

YTM - 63M

Spotify - 31.8M+

Melon + Genie - 10M

 

They're the fastest to hit 100M streams with their latest title track out of all the 4th gen groups. 
 

As far as @Sheep's joke about payola, SM is the least invested in payola (as is Kakao) and it reflects clearly in the numbers. Groups like Aespa and IVE have abysmal numbers on platforms that are easy to manipulate (Spotify, Pandora, YTM) compared to platforms that are hard to manipulate (Melon, Genie, Apple Music, etc). Aespa's digital points total from Circle accurately tracks all of their Melon/Genie streams, signifying a lack of payola. If you want to see artists manipulating charts, look at PLAVE on Melon (they have more streams than Aespa and NJ combined, I believe but less than 2B digital points while Aespa have 7B+ and NJ are almost to 9B) or BabyMonster on YouTube.

7 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

it's only hated cuz it wasn't a hit. the hybe bots are also pushing the DW sucks/flopped narrative on twitter, success stans stopped streaming after the remix album glitch too

aespa having their "flop" single peak at #10. Other groups wish they could even get that. :sabrina:

girls is aespa shittiest song, imagine defending undercooked nct reject while they have so many gems in their discography :ace:

Durty work, however, let me keep it mute cos i love the girls. :gaynetcat2:

1 minute ago, swifthino said:

girls is aespa shittiest song, imagine defending undercooked nct reject while they have so many gems in their discography :ace:

Your taste tastes like **** :gaynetcat2:

13 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

it's only hated cuz it wasn't a hit. the hybe bots are also pushing the DW sucks/flopped narrative on twitter, success stans stopped streaming after the remix album glitch too

speaking of hits, my Kpop diss album is gonna hit in 2027. Stan real talent and stream before Eminem sues me for copyright 

Spoiler

Look, if you had one Shot

Or One opportunity to be in Kpop

Would you do it?

Or would you flop

On Billboard charts

hearts 2 Hearts

I'm chasing for the stars

Stalkers and Saesangs,

Where ever you are

Lose your arms

And carve "Dirty Work"

 

Doctors, I think we got a problem

Spotify lying about my album

I be a wasp, but I'm Stunned

And I been watch them come

World tours and Merch drops

Aren't in your Carts man

Your bored on Amazon,

Looking for BTS's Filp flops again

And there's no more new Jeans

Blackpink Jumping overseas

And YouTube Ads ain't poppin'

I'm losing that old feeling

Overworked like NCT when they singing

How many weeks do I gotta stream

These Bots are taking my salary

Stanning use to be easy

Homie, I'm done sitting

Will the Real Jennie please stand up?

YG clinging onto them babymonsters

Give it up, there's no more Teddy

I think JYP is stalking KG,

It's a touchy dim subject

But thats why they call me the Korean Slim Shady

And not to get Gross and nostalgic but

I outgrossed your favorites

I'm ready to throw up my city

Seoul in my spaghetti

That Kimchi straight from the streets

Mama use to tell me

We keep it GG

 

So you better

lose your Health insurance

Before the executives know

You only get one shot

Like Covid, I'm sick of these rookies

My comeback better go Platinum

If not I'm blaming SM and this Kangway nonsense

Yeah

2x

 

Payola use to pay

All day famous,

and Demon Hunters on Netflix

What's next?

They taking our Jobs,

now I feel like a suburban mom

I just saw another TikTok

I think hyoyeon is Mexican

And I get it, Pluto

Stray kids is global

I don't need another spam bro

Your so toxic when you ramble

And Sheep never running out of ammo

Without SNSD,

there be no National royalties

And yes I'm straight gunning at Wonder girls

And you gotta be 2NE1

to even step in my world

I spin and twirl on the block

Every 5 years and they in shock

Heard they taught we lost

Just cuz half my members coughed

Jessica was smoking a lot

So Taeyeon told the cops

"Pink Lives Matter" Boss

And Sunny don't gotta floss

Out shinning these *******

More then Taemin did

Seohyun running the business

Like a Navy Captain

More drip then Lee serafim

And Hyo inspired them latins

Hands up Gabriela {not a coincidence}

We running up on 5th gen too

All you kids better pay homage

 

Run them diamonds like it 9th innning

Bases loaded,

Hitting homers like Marge Simpson

Christopher Nolan to you kids

And Sooyoung just got another John Wick flick

And I can keep going,

but you already get the pitch

 

 

3rd verse, they say I gave birth

So many up and coming Kpop rappers

It use to be cringe, now they wanna binge

Where were you when it was just Amber of F(x)?

Remember when English was only used in the rap?

Now Katseye ain't stop speaking Korean in Chat.

There's no black guys in YG yet.

SM has Mexicans, and DJ Hyo the culprit.

The culture isn't giving back,

we need Girls generation ASAP.

Sorry Mom, but I ain't got an addiction

I made these raps in the trenches

And no Dad it's not Japanese fetish

I'm Cleaning out my closet *****

And you can't stop me from buying plane tickets for BTS.

At the audition with my backpack, I don't known Math but I can count how many views my faves had in the first 24 hours? I ain't do my taxes. I gotta argue with these idiots and hit em with a fact check. Girls generation is the nations girl group, take that. Yeah these streams don't mean jack. That's the Gag. Real impact, when I slap another Magazine in and start blasting. I ain't violent until you say some dumb ****. Then I gotta react fast. Cuz no matter how many stadiums you pack, I know Stan's that last. I made that like Eminem in 2000. Or girls Gen in 2007. Into the new world, I'm going in like epidural. and going out with a curl. Dressed down for your burial, New Rules. When I shout "Oh" you know the next round is Run Devil run. Got these clowns exercising for fun. Practice room opens at 1, so if you wanna be Forever1,exhale your lungs and go

I got a Boy in my kitchen, you proud of me yet? I paid my rent and got good credit.

But none of that **** matters, if I don't get on Music shows faster. I starved, Sweat, and held my bladder. I ain't giving up my spot for her. I rather piss during my audition. This is my moment, time to show it. And in that second it happen, I slipped on my urine and did a backflip.

 

 

lose your Health insurance

Before the executives know

You only get one shot

Like Covid, I'm sick of these rookies

My comeback better go Platinum

If not I'm blaming SM and this Kangwaya nonsense

Yeah

 

You can be whatever you wanna be

Naw I mean

Wannabes

 

17 minutes ago, Jared said:

I don't think the girls advocating for a song they like is a bad idea, I'm glad they stood up for themselves. If SM had any brain cells they would have just done an album, made DW a prerelease single to satisfy the girls then released the other track they wanted with the album. Would have made the girls happy and they would have gotten the title they want.

SM did something incredibly smart in making it a single album. They sold 1M+ for one song at $20+. That alone probably raked in some $10M+ in profit even before the digitals and streams came through. 

It hit #5 on the Global 200, gave them a record-extending 6th million seller, secured a Daesang for the year over G-Dragon and Seventeen and gave them a great shot at being the digital artist of the year.

5 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

it's only hated cuz it wasn't a hit. the hybe bots are also pushing the DW sucks/flopped narrative on twitter, success stans stopped streaming after the remix album glitch too

HYBE stans only see Spotify because they use a tool that allows them to speed through songs at 4x the speed. It's part of why they keep getting hit so hard with Spotify purges.
https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/spotify-playback-speed/bgehnoihoklmofgehcefiaicdcdgppck?pli=1

12 minutes ago, Jared said:

aespa having their "flop" single peak at #10. Other groups wish they could even get that. :sabrina:

Dirty Work - #2 & #111 (Flo Milli version) [Would be #1 over Famous when combined]
Girls - #8

 

Aespa have never had a single peak at #10, sis. 

8 minutes ago, Pinter said:

Your taste tastes like **** :gaynetcat2:

now this is the REAL and ACCLAIMED hit of the girls era :party:

 


 

Honestly, aespa doesn't have any bad title tracks. The weakest one might be Dreams Come True, but even that isn't bad. 
 IMG_1800.gif?ex=68787576&is=687723f6&hm=

 

 

 
 
42 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Dirty Work - #2 & #111 (Flo Milli version) [Would be #1 over Famous when combined]
Girls - #8

 

Aespa have never had a single peak at #10, sis. 

Maybe im thinking of its Melon peak. Even better.

 

:clack:

48 minutes ago, swifthino said:

now this is the REAL and ACCLAIMED hit of the girls era :party:

 

I lowkey forget about illusion slaying at that time too. Flop era and 2 minor hits still. 
 

:suburban:

  • ATRL Moderator

Girls is aespa's worst title track period. Their only tt miss.

 

:ryan3:

1 hour ago, Nein said:


this is aespa's best sing, dont trip yall

the hit that got away, it has almost 100k likes on melon too

Apple Music Global:

 

#6 JUMP - BLACKPINK (+4)

 

:deadbanana2:

 

 

20 hours ago, romiskes said:

Yes! She's already talking music video ideas and choreography! According to her latest interview, her solo debut is coming between August and September.

This is stll in my playlist and everytime it plays it slaps so hard 

 

 

 

APT is now the 9th biggest song ever on billboard global 200 charts :WAP:

 

Gv5XyfmWoAA45_8?format=jpg&name=large

 

also the 15th biggest song ever and the only song by any kpop act inside the top 75 oh my god rosé :WAP:

 

Gv1Pr8CaQAANo9g?format=jpg&name=large

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.