Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread 2025

Featured Replies

  • Replies 47.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sailor Moon
    Sailor Moon

    nnn the popup message nnn.. thought i was getting banned for a sec 

  • I'm going to eat the spaghetti today while reading all the meltdowns. I'm still not going to stream Spaghetti though but I will choose to stream this instead     After all the

  • aespa didn't chart but guess what, we're STILL not streaming Stray Kids  

1 hour ago, rapperjennie said:

wait this is cute, they're all such fans of Bruno

 

 

I love how they are naturally supportive of each others :heart:

I do mourn NewJennies every now and then cause we were robbed of so much slayage

 

they really were too good to be true

 

I bet their cb song would hava been sitting at #2 behind Jump on Global Spotify right now

 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

I think about this often

 

Ugh his season P101 was so good

 

He ate so much

Flashback to when JOY cleared everyone on this stage away...like it was nothing :jonnycat:

Excited for her solo!

 

 

6 hours ago, Eternium said:

It's part of why I always get a kii when people claim "payola" for SM artists. Look at the abysmal playlisting for "Dark Arts." Not even 100k playlisting. :skull: 

 

i've been an SM sheep for so many years and still the self sabotage and incompetence from them surprises me sometimes :rip: 

aespa doesn't have Warner and Kakao doesn't have SM anymore 

 

I've been saying forever now that aespa's streaming jump since Drama was inorganic and that they just started doing the same payola as everybody else. The payola is gone but the back to back slays keep coming so who really cares. :eli:

Edited by Sheep

6 hours ago, TheCal said:

 

and it's only going up... currently 13.2 mil monthly listeners:clap3:

 

the comeback will be so massive:jonny5:

 

 

 

6 hours ago, rapperjennie said:

next comeback getting a PAK for sure

ahs.gif

5 hours ago, Darkling said:

I hate to say it but we had ENOUGH boy groups doing the BoyJeans concept by now, maybe Msnake is into something with that cringey "alpha energy" they are trying to sell if they bring back some sexy and dark concepts back for the bgs, I want all the X1 songs that are rotting in W1's vault now!!

 

 

mark-ruffalo-mark-ruffalo-olivia-wilde.gif

they took gaga's nachos, put the izone cheese on top and heated for 3:30 in the oven. delicious.

53 minutes ago, Sheep said:

aespa doesn't have Warner and Kakao doesn't have SM anymore 

 

I've been saying forever now that aespa's streaming jump since Drama was inorganic and that they just started doing the same payola as everybody else. The payola is gone but the back to back slays keep coming so who really cares. :eli:

didn't Warner drop them long ago

12 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

didn't Warner drop them long ago

They dropped Warner, not the other way around. Kakao has a standing deal with Columbia for every artist in their roster, which put aespa in a grey area that pushed them out of the US entirely.

4 hours ago, Jared said:

Because the girls pushed for it to be a single, instead of the song SM wanted. Hence why it was just a single EP and got no playlisting. I'm surprised it got a decently budgeted MV though.

 

Song was a #2 hit and pulling 1+ million streams across all versions despite the SM negligence.

 

The song SM wanted will probably be the September comeback.

Wrong playlisting. The flo milli version got playlisted instead which got like 300k+ streams.

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

aespa doesn't have Warner and Kakao doesn't have SM anymore 

 

I've been saying forever now that aespa's streaming jump since Drama was inorganic and that they just started doing the same payola as everybody else. The payola is gone but the back to back slays keep coming so who really cares. :eli:

Sis the payola wont continue for old songs. Their previous hits since Drama are still pulling  very decent streams daily

 

Whiplash - 400-500k

Supernova - 350k

Amargeddon - 330k

Drama - close to 300k

 

Drama is really THAT hit. Kpop songs (except Bp and BTS) are rarely added to Les Mil exercise tracks but DRAMA was added. It really brought Aespa to next level of popularity and reach 

there aren't even any aespa songs on the main K-Pop playlist on Spotify :rip: there are even months old flop songs on there still. Looks like SM wants to quickly move on from Dirty Work. sounds like a power move to prove that the girls decisions don't work well compared to their choices.

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

aespa doesn't have Warner and Kakao doesn't have SM anymore 

 

I've been saying forever now that aespa's streaming jump since Drama was inorganic and that they just started doing the same payola as everybody else. The payola is gone but the back to back slays keep coming so who really cares. :eli:

Bruh their past cb success wasn't payola what? Drama, supernova and whiplash were genuinely some of the biggest Kpop songs last year. They were trending all over tiktok and social media. I literally got back into kpop after hearing that supernova meme
 

Dirty work just didn't stick with mass Kpop fandom… and it wasn't a traditional kpop release like we all heard the chorus weeks before

16 minutes ago, LovemeTear said:

Bruh their past cb success wasn't payola what? Drama, supernova and whiplash were genuinely some of the biggest Kpop songs last year. They were trending all over tiktok and social media. I literally got back into kpop after hearing that supernova meme
 

Dirty work just didn't stick with mass Kpop fandom… and it wasn't a traditional kpop release like we all heard the chorus weeks before

Agree. The hype for DW was there BUT the song feels flat for most people.

 

I would say it is a slow burner. Not the hyperpop sound + infectious chorus that aespa used to do. A totally watered down version of Amargeddon. I do love the song. It is growing on me

1 hour ago, nky0411 said:

Sis the payola wont continue for old songs. Their previous hits since Drama are still pulling  very decent streams daily

 

Whiplash - 400-500k

Supernova - 350k

Amargeddon - 330k

Drama - close to 300k

 

Drama is really THAT hit. Kpop songs (except Bp and BTS) are rarely added to Les Mil exercise tracks but DRAMA was added. It really brought Aespa to next level of popularity and reach 

40 minutes ago, LovemeTear said:

Bruh their past cb success wasn't payola what? Drama, supernova and whiplash were genuinely some of the biggest Kpop songs last year. They were trending all over tiktok and social media. I literally got back into kpop after hearing that supernova meme
 

Dirty work just didn't stick with mass Kpop fandom… and it wasn't a traditional kpop release like we all heard the chorus weeks before

SM/aespa's extremely volatile relationships with US + Japanese record labels are a matter of public record, as is SM's botched change in distributors. SM produces the best idols but they're not business masterminds and never have been. The timing of their streams doubling lines up exactly with when they became a sister group to IVE.

 

Edited by Sheep

Aespa girls apparently pushing Dirty Work so hard, but it ending up falling flat outside of Korea and not being very liked in general... They took an L I fear.

 

I don't think it is about playlisting, the song just isn't that good and got a very lukewarm response on all the Western discussion platforms I read like Reddit, Twitter, here etc. That tweet with a lot of likes pretending it doesn't exist says it all really.

 

If the song in September is better I fear I will have to side with SM A&Rs. They haven't really let the girls down before other than with 'Girls'. 

i just know that one yg employee is shaking in her boots having to hear the kill this love horns for the 793208454535 time

 

44 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

screaming-crazy.gif

can't wait. get well soon mom. 

 

53 minutes ago, Harrier said:

Aespa girls apparently pushing Dirty Work so hard, but it ending up falling flat outside of Korea and not being very liked in general... They took an L I fear.

 

I don't think it is about playlisting, the song just isn't that good and got a very lukewarm response on all the Western discussion platforms I read like Reddit, Twitter, here etc. That tweet with a lot of likes pretending it doesn't exist says it all really.

 

If the song in September is better I fear I will have to side with SM A&Rs. They haven't really let the girls down before other than with 'Girls'. 

You lose your argument when you said 'Girls' is a let down.

 

Only hardcore MYs will understand how much 'Girls' the song slay. It sounds so grand during concert, especially as opening. It is classical hyperpop at its best which align to aespa core sound. The instrumental is 🔥, the raps and the verses are 🔥

 

The album, choreo and the overall rollout is a let down yes, but the choice of song is definitely NOT. 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.