Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga - 'Harlequin'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Views 110.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Why do I feel like something from this album is going to randomly go mega-viral on TikTok and derail LG7

 

nqYSIgR.gif

The Guardian :zzz:

 

Watch Slant coming next and give it a 40, they hate her

 

I hope Variety, AllMusic, NME and RS come through. Pitchfork will most likely give their blasé 6-7 score as usual

 

nqYSIgR.gif

I didn't expect this to be this jazzy although the rumor said this will have jazz elements. Anyway, I enjoyed my first listen. This album showcased Gaga's strength at delivering a jazz record, like she was born to sing it. Her vocals were impeccable. Production is great and so clear to my ears. It's a solid album imo. 

 

Some of the things I appreciate most from album:

-Oh The Saints key change and surprising outro

-the electronic elements on World of Strings and her sublime vocal delivery/harmonies

-the way she made Smile sound haunting and sad, and the heavy drums at the back which added a great atmosphere to the song

-they way she rocked those vocals at The Joker, and the production was so much fun

-the Disney/50s vibe in the self written track Folie a Deux was perfect, and the choir made it more perfect 

-Happy Mistake was definitely the most outstanding track of the album and my most favorite and I will definitely listen to this again and again, love the rawness of her vocals in here like what she did in Is That Alright?

 

 

Some of my critiques:

-That's Entertainment should have been shorter

-The Joker sounded like it does not belong the album sonically

-Gonna Build a Mountain felt like a filler to me, her belting sounded strained especially at the last part, and it's the song with the least interesting production among others

-I didn't find it pleasing that they transformed Close To You to an upbeat bubbly song, why? 😢 And her vocal delivery at the end was kinda off

 

 

I'd rate this album a 8/10. I might appreciate this more after watching the film. Not really a fan of jazz and her previous jazz record but I will definitely give this another listen. 

This is pretty good? The dramatics in here lol. Definitely not a pure jazz album like Cheek to Cheek or Love For Sale.

I listened to two songs and don't think I can take anymore, it's just not the Gar I like :clack:

The first three songs are a bit much but after that it's quite good so far.

Happy Mistake is great.

 

Smile, Close To You, and That's Life are on my autumn playlist for sure I fear 

Visualizers up on YouTube.

 

 

 

Edited by Infernal Paradise

So far liking this a good amount. The songs where she takes more liberties in interpreting them are clearly the best imo. Love the subtle rock production on World on a String.

2 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

Visualizers up on YouTube.

 

 

Not her serving visualizers for her side project :jonny:

10 minutes ago, VENUSWAVE said:

World On a String career highlight

It feels so short though :sad:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.