Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga - 'Harlequin'

Featured Replies

I think Gaga put it perfectly that this is a vintage pop album. It has jazz, show tunes, surf rock, waltz and some blues, soul, doo-woop and gospel inspirations here and there. To put it all under '' jazz '' is a bit silly, though I understand if people are not feeling it. But it's just plain wrong to call the album a jazz album lol.

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Views 110.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

It does get better the more I listen. This sound just comes so naturally to her. This was definitely a necessary album that adds to the richness and diversity of her discography.

  • Popular Post
2 minutes ago, Burn said:

It does get better the more I listen. This sound just comes so naturally to her. This was definitely a necessary album that adds to the richness and diversity of her discography.

it's like she allowed herself to just make something true to her more theatrical part of her musicality

Happy Mistakes - could be the million reasons of this era.. She needs to perform it live on tv show or smth. 

 

Oh, when the saints - my most fav track because the moment i heard it it triggered that That's so raven nostalgia in me because i remembered that tune instantly. Its probably gonna be my most played track. 

She butchered all those classics. 

 

Happy mistakes is alright. 

18 minutes ago, Burqa said:

i'm mad we're on the 3rd jazz album and a 6th electropop album is coming but still no sign of a full rock album :dies: it's long overdue 

It could be that she is just not that into rock at this point in her life, or that she grew out of the genre despite her musical influences and overall rockstar bravado she exudes as a performer. :michael:

This album is 9/10 for me. Gaga is so comfortable and in her own lane covering these classics while also showing off her vocal range. I must say i am not too familiar with the originals but Gaga gave me no reason to go back. I know i will be looping a lot of these songs in my shower and on my walks.

Can someone help me out and just tell me which are the original songs on the album? 

I love how Happy Mistake and That's Life close to album back to back cause the narrative of these two together really make sense when you look at what this project really means to her! I see what you did there godga! It really brings home what she allowed herself to do on this album with 0 care about chart success or her base :clap3:

 

it's her pure and untouched expression of what she wanted to create after finishing Joker :clap3:

 

 

RESPECT IT!

47 minutes ago, Vegvisir said:

Spot on assessment. Anyone who thinks this is a misstep has not been paying attention to Gaga or her creative output at all.

 

Harlequin is a love letter to Stefani. The second I saw the album artwork for this it all clicked - people complaining that the "subversive imagery" doesn't match the music are so laughably wrong it's almost sad, because it's both sonically and visually a portrait of a young artist trying to harness her creativity while clinging to her sanity after a traumatic experience.

 

If you don't like it, cool - but to write it off as simply bad just tells us all you have zero taste or musicality lol

 

EDIT: wait is this a copypasta :deadvision:

I'm so sorry :deadbanana4:

 

Spoiler

it lowkey works tho

 

2 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

I'm so sorry :deadbanana4:

 

  Hide contents

it lowkey works tho

 

Nah sis don't be sorry, I trusted my judgement more than I should've with that earnest reply after smoking a big joint :rip:

4 minutes ago, Pilgs said:

Can someone help me out and just tell me which are the original songs on the album? 

Happy Mistakes & FAD

There was a deferment on Australian tele this morning about the Joker being like Kath and Kim lmao

1 hour ago, Burqa said:

i'm mad we're on the 3rd jazz album and a 6th electropop album is coming but still no sign of a full rock album :dies: it's long overdue 

I have some small faith in the snippet we heard at the end of the chromatica ball film.... then again she threw me for a loop with perfect illusion making me think Joanne would be an arena rock album so I truly don't know what to expect    :gaycat7:

This was a pleasant listen! I do particularly like how it has her character, grit, weirdness, and camp unlike the Ella Fitzgerald cosplay she does on C2C/L4S. It's basically Jazz&Piano made into an album. "The Joker" is fantastic, she kinda made the song her own. The fact that she still does not have a rock album is crazy. "Happy Mistake" is a beautiful addition to her ballad discography, I just wish it had a bigger climax. "Folie à Deux" is very 50s Disney animation soundtrack song fff. "Oh, When the Saints" and "World on a String" are pretty too. I think "Good Morning", "Get Happy", and "That's Entertainment" are my least faves here because they are the most "classic jazz showtune" sounding tracks tbh, although she still sounds great on them.

 

The visuals and "The Joker" snippet were a bit of a bait and switch though. The covers were not as reimagined as I hoped for. I would have loved it more if she turned more of these classics into unhinged alt rock songs, or even better if she served her own Batman/The Gift. She's always been a theater kid and Jazz has been a part of her career for a long time, so it's a bit silly to expect her to ever let that part go. She has previously mentioned that she was not confident enough to include original songs in those Tony albums, but I hope she does an album full of original Jazz material someday and stop with the Great American Songbook already.

 

I don't think we've seen her this excited about her music since Joanne days though, so that's a bit refreshing to see after the gloom and doom of Chromatica. Fingers crossed LG7 is great and she maintains this energy. We could be looking at another creative peak and the closest she gets to BTW.

 

media-aiv-tools.gif?ex=66f69b53&is=66f54

oh, when the saints, folie a deex, the joker, happy mistakes are my favorites

 

happy mistakes is gonna be a hit for sure, if they push the song..

 

1 hour ago, Vegvisir said:

Spot on assessment. Anyone who thinks this is a misstep has not been paying attention to Gaga or her creative output at all.

 

Harlequin is a love letter to Stefani. The second I saw the album artwork for this it all clicked - people complaining that the "subversive imagery" doesn't match the music are so laughably wrong it's almost sad, because it's both sonically and visually a portrait of a young artist trying to harness her creativity while clinging to her sanity after a traumatic experience.

 

If you don't like it, cool - but to write it off as simply bad just tells us all you have zero taste or musicality lol

 

EDIT: wait is this a copypasta :deadvision:

djdjdjdjdj I love you for replying so sincerely / thoughtfully to copypasta. Iconic tbh. :heart2:

Word on the street is this album isn't good. However, I'm drawn way more to this type of album from Gaga than I am Chromatica.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.