Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Donald Sutherland dies at 88

Featured Replies

hunger-games-4-9d2580963baa49cd83dc0f3dd

 

Donald Sutherland, the tall, lean and long-faced Canadian actor who became a countercultural icon with such films as "The Dirty Dozen," "MASH," "Klute" and "Don't Look Now," and who subsequently enjoyed a prolific and wide-ranging career in films including "Ordinary People" and "Without Limits," has died, his agency, CAA, confirmed. He was 88.

 

For over a half century, Sutherland memorably played villains, antiheroes, romantic leads and mentor figures. His profile had recently increased with his supporting role as the evil President Snow in "The Hunger Games" franchise.

 

Sutherland won a supporting actor Emmy for HBO's "Citizen X" in 1995 and was also nominated in 2006 for the Lifetime miniseries "Human Trafficking."

 

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/donald-sutherland-dead-mash-hunger-games-1236043323/

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Just a Gay on ATRL
    Just a Gay on ATRL

    He popped up in a lot of stuff I watched growing up, I felt like. And he was hands down one of the best parts of the hunger games movies. An iconic villain.    Rest in peace!

  • makeawish
    makeawish

    iconic    

  • RIP

RIP :weeps:

 

Not when they just announced a new Hunger Games book and movie too…

He popped up in a lot of stuff I watched growing up, I felt like. And he was hands down one of the best parts of the hunger games movies. An iconic villain. 
 

Rest in peace!

He was such a legend, may he rest in peace, he was one of the greatest 

a legend. 

Don't Look Now is one of my favorite horror films of all time :weeps:

it's a tragedy that he never even got a single Oscar nomination in his life :shakeno:

An absolute legend and icon of the screen, rightfully heralded as one of the greatest actors never to receive an Oscar nomination. I'm glad he at least got the Honorary Academy Award in 2017. 

I know him mainly from the Hunger Games franchise which he was great in. Condolences to his friends and family.

Such a shame. I enjoyed "Don't Look Now" after I randomly bought a well worn copy somewhere on VHS when I was little. Instead of being bored it gave me a taste for more avant-garde forms of cinema. Next time he appeared on my radar was Kate Bush's "Cloudbusting" video and as a Kate Bush fan that video has always stayed with me. So sad he's gone.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.