Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Fox

• Walk_Away21

• SleepingTigers

• Khamis

2 hours ago, Sad Serenade said:

I didn't expect her to comeback so fast

why everyone hates Friday releases

the era started in 2021, I think it's good timing.

MV directed by Dave Meyers :WAP:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, stochastic said:

Her current position is pretty underwhelming considering she's been bubbling under for several years despite touring with the biggest artist in the world. How has she not gotten a Top 20 hit while Tate and Tyla who are newcomers have kinda usurped her?

As a couple people have stated, Sabrina spent a good portion of her career on Hollywood Records. Hollywood Records only had SOME luck in the late 2000s and early 2010s thanks to Miley, Demi and Selena, but even when those girls were on there, they wouldn't send a lot of songs to radio. Miley and Selena knew this which is why Miley bought herself out of her contract to go to RCA and why Selena released a Greatest Hits record to get out of her contract with them as well. I don't think I need to remind you how much better Miley and Selena's careers became after they left Hollywood - the Bangerz and Revival areas speak for themselves. Demi stuck around a bit longer but even she left them after Tell Me You Love Me - her lack of success after is an anomaly because of how much of a problem Demi is. 

So, without Demi and Selena and Miley to feed the label, Sabrina was effed. Sue Me could have been her breakout moment but Hollywood fumbled the bag there. It really should come as no surprise, given the track history of other artists with Hollywood, that Sabrina didn't start having traction in her career until she moved to Island. The fact that Skin even debuted on the Hot 100 alone showed that Sabrina moving to Island was the best choice. 

Another thing to point out just to further bring in my point - look at Ariana Grande and Olivia Rodrigo's debut eras - neither of them were signed to a Nick or Disney label. (I don't think Nickelodeon had a label which helped Ariana out a lot). Olivia was a Disney alum but was not on Hollywood and her debut era smashed out of the gate - that would NOT have happened on Hollywood.

So yes, Sabrina has had to come a long way to get where she is. Leaving Hollywood Records was part of that. Tyla is on Epic and Tate is on RCA so that's another thing to keep in mind - they're still better labels than Hollywood.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

I'm here for this x

Princess of pop :duca:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

MV directed by Dave Meyers :WAP:

She's truly coming for Ariana's gig. I live! 

I'm ready to listen

People are perched :WAP:

Edited by Julia Fox

really excited

the title already gave sweetener vibes and now the video is directed by dave :duca:

i've been feening for new music post-EICS so i truly couldn't be happier. my girl is THRIVING honey

• Like 1

she looks stunning on the single cover.

I'm curious to hear this!

Sounds like a summer bop :WAP:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

Sounds like a summer bop :WAP:

This is giving retro 1950's pool party I'm so here for it!!

• Like 2

OMFG! It sounds like a summer bop!!!!

The instrumental is already great :WAP:

Sounds really fun and breezy!

that sounds like intro to chained to the rhythm:skull: 

Edited by Scandalous

AAH! We MOVED! Baristas are shaking

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.