Cats vs. Dogs: Better?

TROPICUM

Well?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. ....

• Cats, Gato, Chat, Gatto, Katze, кот, Ketti
    • Dogs, Perro, Hund, Cane, Kutya, Chien

people saying 'dogs are more friendly and joyful' no they're not, they work for cops and hunt people down on command. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sheep

• WEEKND

• Tropez

• Mornings

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up with a cat in the house as a kid, so I'm more drawn toward cats, but I don't want a cat of my own because I'm a total baby when it comes to cats' claws; I just can't stand even the littlest scratch/scrape. 

I don't like dogs much to begin with because they are too big (even medium size dogs make me nervous), and I've been bitten before. (Went to a coworker's for lunch, knocked on the door, and when she opened it, the dog jumped up and bit my arm. Luckily I was wearing a jacket so I got away with only some bite impressions, no broken skin).

I'm just not an animal lover sadly... Like, I think animals are cute and I want them to stay safe/unharmed, but I just don't like them near me or in my house. :sorry:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I just entered the house now and my dog was jumping on me, giving me a lot of kisses after seeing me, she also didn't eat her food, only now that she was so happy to see me, a cat person could only wish :suburban:

In fact, I'm surprised that dogs are losing this pool with a small difference, this forum is full of bottoms (I'm one of them), so it's expected, I don't hate cats, I have one and I treat him with so much love, but they will never be better than dogs 

Edited by A.R.L
  • Like 1

I've had both in the past and arguably just due to the ease of caring for them cats all the way.

I think it's obvious...

ezgif.com-resize-7.thumb.gif.c42e9370482

I have a cat

I love dogs too but I don't have time for the responsibilities that come with them 

Dogs are genetic engineered living toys for human consumption. They made to be dependent on humans to live and thrive. Dogs as a result are literally brood parasites that humans want because society says that dogs are man's best friend. At least a cat can survive on its own, left behind dogs need to find a new owner to live an adequate life. So, Cats. If I died, I would rather my cat be freed from its life of domestic servitude than to run into the arms of a new owner. 

Also, dog people are the worst. The way some of y'all go ballistic when people don't want to touch your clearly frustrated Rottweiler. Y'all German Shephard / Guard dog owners who wanna invite guests over to your house and not put up the dog. Talking about oh he is so friendly, gurl I can see teeth. The doomsday dog communities who would rather save their dog than an actual human lives if given the chance. Also leave Pitbulls alone, let those friendly creatures be their naturally friendly selves. Let them breed into becoming vastly healthier hybrids than the genetic abominations that they are now. Pedigree dog owners can rot in hell. #SorrynotSorry.

Edited by Phaunzie

I honestly can't say I have a strong preference? They both have their redeemable qualities and issues and actually complement each other beautifully. As a dog owner I guess I'm more drawn to them and have a better understanding of a dog's personality, but I absolutely love cats and am intrigued by them. I want to adopt one from a shelter once I feel I have a more suitable home.

Spoiler

Also, people who make their preference for either dogs or cats their entire personality annoy me. I realize I'm on a stan forum but the way some of y'all constantly live in absolutes must be freaking exhausting. :rip:

I like both for different reasons. I own one Maine Coon & Golden.

On 4/7/2024 at 4:14 PM, John Slayne said:

imo not liking cats is a much bigger red flag. in my experience it's always people who don't understand boundaries and consent.

Dog owners bring their brats everywhere and claim it's a service animal when it's really not, clearly dog fans don't understand either concept 

• Like 1

dogs I like > cats I like > cats I don't like >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dogs I don't like

Edited by Gladiator

Cats, baby 

Cat Working GIF

I like doggies too, but I don't care for some breeds (looking at you, PITS!)

• Like 1

Cats, I have two of them.

When I was younger I wanted dogs, but after experiencing life, they are way too much responsibility.

Also, bad dog owners in my city have totally soured my opinion.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.