Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

19 minutes ago, hypocrateen said:

idg why some stans need everything to be perfect and linear aesthetics wise :ducky: the two singles had different but complementary visuals and the album's got another one, so what? no need to make up imaginary last minute changes and whatnot lol

It's so confusing to me, like does everyone have the brain of a 5 year old?? "This is red and this is blue, what's going on, I'm so confused!!! :cries:"

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 838.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

Just now, Mocha said:

Is it true this album will win 26 grammys? :suburban:

Yep, Warner and Dukagjin having meetings with the white old men of the Academy as we speak. Source: deuxmoi. 

 

:suburban:

Yeah I’m not sure when it became the norm that an album had to to follow the exact same aesthetic as each single, it certainly wasn’t that way in the past.

1 minute ago, _Fey said:

It's so confusing to me, like does everyone have the brain of a 5 year old?? "This is red and this is blue, what's going on, I'm so confused!!! :cries:"

People are really becoming illiterate. I blame Internet and TikTok most specifically. It’s really sad to watch that the young generation doesn’t know the concept of nuance, interpretation. 

2 minutes ago, Mocha said:

Is it true this album will win 26 grammys? :suburban:

hope so

 

can't wait for "radical optimism: vertigo kaleidoscope premium platinum 10th anniversary edition" in 2034

4 minutes ago, _Fey said:

It's so confusing to me, like does everyone have the brain of a 5 year old?? "This is red and this is blue, what's going on, I'm so confused!!! :cries:"

Yeah you put it perfectly. I can't stand these people.

Anybody who says the album artwork and title dont match the alleged psychedelic vibes CLEARLY have never been to Ibiza or Mikonos or ANY South European beach town during music festivals taking psychedelics and then diving into the ocean for a quick swim between snorts and raw D :suburban: Also when u are on intense drugs don't they say you get radically happy and ish? Hence the title?

 

Spoiler

( I have never done any of this but I GET IT) :suburban:

 

12 minutes ago, pink lightning said:

I'm seeing everywhere on Twitter people just running with the ******* 26 minute long fake story, it's so annoyingggggg

 

No wonder the world is in this state we're in people are just so gullible

I don't even care about the album lenght as long as it is good it could be 30 minutes long and I'm okay, I'm sure she'll release bonus tracks and remix like she did with FN.

But by the lyrics these walls and whatcha doing are really short, so it won't end up far from 35 minutes considering that the lenght of TS and H are just above 3 minutes.

 

Can't wait to hear Illusion and French Exit, they have such empowering and powerful lyrics :jonny5:

The album overarching theme is Britpop/early 2000 alternative music and the visuals are 100% on brief. Enough with this aesthetic change narrative. She's been teasing the words 'optimism, joy ...' since day 1. The album is obviously a journey of how she went from chaos to peace and Houdini and Training Season are part of the first act. 

 

spacer.png

 

Edited by bearman

i think end of an era has future nostalgia vibes

 

with houdini and training serving as a transition to the rest

6 minutes ago, Elder said:

i think end of an era has future nostalgia vibes

 

with houdini and training serving as a transition to the rest

i also remember her saying in that rs interview that houdini is part of a string of songs (I'm assuming ts is one of them) that are different to the rest of the album, so there might even be a couple transitions 

Edited by lapisnour

2 hours ago, watermelonshake said:

I'd be so furious! It's making me hesitant to order because if it doesn't come with it I'd rather just wait and order when I get paid in a week and get the vinyl on its own for less money. 

Yeah! I already ordered mine even though the US shop doesn't state 'while supplies last' so fingers crossed.

48 minutes ago, hypocrateen said:

idg why some stans need everything to be perfect and linear aesthetics wise :ducky: the two singles had different but complementary visuals and the album's got another one, so what? no need to make up imaginary last minute changes and whatnot lol

mte

complaining just to complain atp

17 minutes ago, CozySkin said:

Only 26 Minutes? :katie:

Internet rumour. Almost certain trash.

 

We don’t know the length, but given the known lengths of Training Season and Houdini, and the known fact there are nine other tracks, for 26 mins to be right the other nine would have to average about 2.14 I think.  
 

Doesn’t seem remotely likely does it?

1 minute ago, Vermouth said:

Internet rumour. Almost certain trash.

 

We don’t know the length, but given the known lengths of Training Season and Houdini, and the known fact there are nine other tracks, for 26 mins to be right the other nine would have to average about 2.14 I think.  
 

Doesn’t seem remotely likely does it?

EXACTLY!!! why the **** would ANYBODY believe the album is 26 minutes when BOTH houdini and ts are over 3 minutes??? even by the metric that EVERY song was exactly 3 minutes long, it'd had to be 33 minutes long, like whats wrong with people... truly worms for brains...

I hope she does the extended mix thingy for every song on the album :bird:

3 minutes ago, Vermouth said:

Internet rumour. Almost certain trash.

 

We don’t know the length, but given the known lengths of Training Season and Houdini, and the known fact there are nine other tracks, for 26 mins to be right the other nine would have to average about 2.14 I think.  
 

Doesn’t seem remotely likely does it?

Oh ok, hopefully a rumour. I just saw the message above.

If only yall would put this much energy into streaming her music instead of some stan on X with fake takes. 

now if whoever started that rumor about the 26 minutes meant to say that the rest of the album is 26 minutes long... that would actually be realistic

26 minutes ago, bearman said:

The album is obviously a journey of how she went from chaos to peace and Houdini and Training Season are part of the first act.

:clap3::clap3:

19 minutes ago, lapisnour said:

now if whoever started that rumor about the 26 minutes meant to say that the rest of the album is 26 minutes long... that would actually be realistic

The vinyl has 2 sides the album is probably around 40 minutes. 

  • ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, mike_int said:

Credits from the booklet:

 

1. End of an Era - Dua Lipa, Kevin Parker, Danny L Harle, Caroline Ailin, Tobias Jesso Jr


2. Houdini - Dua Lipa, Kevin Parker, Danny L Harle, Caroline Ailin, Tobias Jesso Jr


3. Training Season - Dua Lipa, Kevin Parker, Danny L Harle, Caroline Ailin, Tobias Jesso Jr


4. These Walls - Dua Lipa, Andrew Wyatt, Danny L Harle, Emily Warren, Caroline Ailin


5. Whatcha Doing - Dua Lipa, Kevin Parker, Danny L Harle, Caroline Ailin, Ali Tamposi


6. French Exit - Dua Lipa, Kevin Parker, Danny L Harle, Caroline Ailin, Tobias Jesso Jr


7. Illusion - Dua Lipa, Kevin Parker, Danny L Harle, Caroline Ailin, Tobias Jesso Jr


8. Falling Forever - Dua Lipa, Ian Kirkpatrick, Danny L Harle, Emily Warren, Ali Tamposi, Caroline Ailin


9. Anything for Love - Dua Lipa, Ian Kirkpatrick, Danny L Harle, Tobias Jesso Jr(?)


10. Maria - Dua Lipa, Kevin Parker, Danny L Harle, (?)


11. Happy for You - Dua Lipa, Kevin Parker, Danny L Harle, Caroline Ailin, (?)

Falling Forever is going to be a collapse :jonny6:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.