Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

I got those vibes from late 90's/early 00's album covers when artists used to get really creative and campy...

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

This made me love the cover! YOU GO DULA PEEP. :gayalipacat3:

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 837.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

I hope the vinyl cover will be printed on glossy paper and not matte recycled one where colors are all faded

Edited by mike_int

Posting all the lyrics was so dumb. Like what the actual f who would do that? Why would they even have to post the insert in the first place? couldn’t it have been a surprise.

1 minute ago, Supervillain said:

Lmao, they blurred the lyrics. Something something damage control?

 

DL_CD.png?v=1710374089&width=2890

haha too late

 

 

Also image if the deluxe vinyl had this water layer over it, never saw it before but how cool is it, actual water there

 

Untitleddesign_288x.gifhttps://shop.themarias.us/products/submarine-water-cover-vinyl-online-exclusive

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Posting all the lyrics was so dumb. Like what the actual f who would do that? Why would they even have to post the insert in the first place? couldn’t it have been a surprise.

Also description says its "12 page zine featuring lyrics and never seen before photos" but based on this it looks like a regular poster type of booklet

17 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

I hate the winter, can't stand the cold
I tend to cancel all the plans (So sorry, I can't make it)
But when the heat comes, something takes a hold
Can I kick it? Yeah, I can

 

My cheeks in high colour, overripe peaches
No shirt, no shoes, only my features
My boy behind me, he's taking pictures
Lead the boys and girls onto the beaches
Come one, come all, I'll tell you my secrets
I'm kinda like a prettier Jesus

 

Forget all of the tears that you've cried
It's over (Over, over, over, over)
It's a new state of mind
Are you coming, my baby?

 

Acid green, aquamarine
The girls are dancing in the sand
And I throw my cellular device in the water
Can you reach me? No, you can't (Aha)

 

My cheeks in high colour, overripe peaches
No shirt, no shoes, only my features
My boy behind me, he's taking pictures (He's taking pictures)
Lead the boys and girls onto the beaches
Come one, come all, I'll tell you my secrets
I'm kinda like a prettier Jesus

 

Turn it on in a new kind of bright
It's solar (Solar, solar, solar, solar, solar)
Come on and let the bliss begin
Blink three times when you feel it kicking in

 

That solar-olar-olar power
Solar-olar-olar power
Solar-olar-olar power
Solar-olar-olar power
Solar-olar-olar power
Solar-olar-olar power

already my fav album of her :smitten:

2 minutes ago, unino said:

already my fav album of her :smitten:

Those are lyrics of  Solar Power by LORDE not Dua ;)

Edited by mike_int

They leaked those lyrics on purpose to get ya'll chatting.   I don't care about lyrics anyway without being able to hear the songs.

I don't get the fuss about revealing the lyrics. It's not like they matter without the music and vice versa :michael:

Just now, Hephaestus said:

I don't get the fuss about revealing the lyrics. It's not like they matter without the music and vice versa :michael:

well lyrics can give away the entire backbone of an album tbh, but were talking pop so it really doesn't matter... it doesn't really help us understand this complete aesthetic change though...

  • ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, lapisnour said:

well lyrics can give away the entire backbone of an album tbh, but were talking pop so it really doesn't matter... it doesn't really help us understand this complete aesthetic change though...

What aesthetic change?

9 minutes ago, lapisnour said:

well lyrics can give away the entire backbone of an album tbh, but were talking pop so it really doesn't matter... it doesn't really help us understand this complete aesthetic change though...

Again, who said there was an aesthetic change? They shot all of the photos last summer in Ibiza and apparently, they've had the title locked in for months now. 

  • ATRL Moderator

The title grew on me a lot :WAP:

And the cover is a SLAY

14 minutes ago, lapisnour said:

well lyrics can give away the entire backbone of an album tbh, but were talking pop so it really doesn't matter... it doesn't really help us understand this complete aesthetic change though...

The thing is, she talked about the times of the album multiple times though. I get it may be upsetting for some, but I don't see it as a dealbreaker.

Honestly I didn't like the cover at first but it's growing on me upon further realizations - Dua could have given us a simple beauty shot in the water but she played it smart and gave us something that nobody expected, the cover is really unique, albeit simple, and it got a lot of people talking, going viral overnight with countless edits. Well done from the marketing point of view.

tbh that picture of her diving would be a great cover as well

but the shark one just screams more iconic idk

 

The shark cover is REALLY cool and fresh. It invokes a lot of feelings and imagery imo.

 

I also like the title. It's not basic and expected. I kinda wish it was another word than "optimism" though lol but overall i think it's looking good overall!

I love the CD print and all of the aesthetic so far! 

 

This will definitly be a low key and very euro centric record and like @Migs said, this is giving 90s camp UK pop star album artwork so it makes me think she always knew this record was going to be more catered to her european audiences than american ones which is a risky choice tbh. She JUST made a name for herself in the US so not catering to her american audience / the biggest consumer market is a risky move for the long run of her career but I like that she takes some creative risks like that! Good for her :clap3: 

I've read most of the thread and I'm laughing at some of the opinions saying that the aesthetics of the album don't match the psychedelic and dark aesthetics of Houdini and Training Season as if we hadn't complained here for months that the aesthetics of Houdini and Training Season are way too minimalistic and don't give a sense of psychedelic at all :toofunny3:

idg why some stans need everything to be perfect and linear aesthetics wise :ducky: the two singles had different but complementary visuals and the album's got another one, so what? no need to make up imaginary last minute changes and whatnot lol

I'm seeing everywhere on Twitter people just running with the ******* 26 minute long fake story, it's so annoyingggggg

 

No wonder the world is in this state we're in people are just so gullible

26 minutes ago, Cheap Thrills 9.0 said:

I've read most of the thread and I'm laughing at some of the opinions saying that the aesthetics of the album don't match the psychedelic and dark aesthetics of Houdini and Training Season as if we hadn't complained here for months that the aesthetics of Houdini and Training Season are way too minimalistic and don't give a sense of psychedelic at all :toofunny3:

Why people nowadays have this idea that everything needs to be super obvious without any spaces to nuance and interpretation? I think it’s kind of ridiculous and lazy to expect be in your face. We are watching Dua’s approach on a psychedelic influenced album. I don’t know what people were expecting? A colorful palette, Dua taking LSD on the album cover, peace signs? Please that would be too obvious. Internet is really making people lazy, no room for thinking, everything needs to be explained. That’s boring. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.