Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

I enjoyed it first listen, but wasn't blown away, the singles were the standouts which kinda hurt tbh :dancehall:

 

I do really enjoy the closer, but I am lowkey disappointed a bit. To be fair tho, I think it'll be a grower album. 
 

Not bad by any means, she needs some more time I fear 

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 842.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

wrong single choices and starting the rollout too early are what hurt this era the most, not the music itself

9 minutes ago, DammnBaby said:

I listened to this today and found it to be such a mid album, particularly after four years. Nothing is interesting or distinctive, and there are zero viable singles beyond what has already been released. It's a huge fall-off in quality from Future Nostalgia, which I really enjoyed and consistently revisit.

Agree !

I don't get the "wrong single choices" posts. None of these songs would've been big hits.

50 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

Icarus would've had a field day to this. @Feanor confirm :clack:

Just know that he's having an excellent day.

 

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

The album is perfect from start to finish. She'd truly went against the odds and the tired current pop formula of song dumping. Short, sweet, perfect and effective. 

 

Served her own Blackout with her third try. 

1 minute ago, hallucinate said:

wrong single choices and starting the rollout too early are what hurt this era the most, not the music itself

Too early? On the contrary, she waited too much to start the rollout. The album rollout should've started in 2022 (around the time of the FN tour), early 2023 at the latest. She wasted 2 years on what… Podcasts, beauty endeavours, questionable collabs. She had the hype… 

12 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

Gurl please just STOP the LIES. Dua's overseas fans were fradulently buying Levitating in an attempt to manipulate the chart. This was organized by her Dua Lipa Hungary account. She was rightfully denied the no 1. 

You should be the one to STOP the LIES. The sales from overseas were rightfully filtered and she got enough points to be #1 anyways. Billboard had to tweak the radio numbers (the only metric where LTTO was slightly stronger) in order to deny her the #1 :coffee2:

tbh thinking about it. i do feel like the 4 year wait was a little too much for dua. she kept herself busy in 2021 with the moonlight version, FN singles, in 2022 with cold heart and the brand deals, 2023 dance the night etc. but the wait was very long considering this is just album number 3. she should've dropped an album in 2022 and 2024 tbh

2 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

Too early? On the contrary, she waited too much to start the rollout. The album rollout should've started in 2022 (around the time of the FN tour), early 2023 at the latest. She wasted 2 years on what… Podcasts, beauty endeavours, questionable collabs. She had the hype… 

i disagree, she would've been so overexposed

plus last year she had DTN smashing

11 minutes ago, Sawk said:

I enjoyed it first listen, but wasn't blown away, the singles were the standouts which kinda hurt tbh :dancehall:

 

I do really enjoy the closer, but I am lowkey disappointed a bit. To be fair tho, I think it'll be a grower album. 
 

Not bad by any means, she needs some more time I fear 

Thank you for sharing your honest opinion. Hopefully it grows more on you over time! 

3 hours ago, Tistotal said:

Watcha doing is like sung by a 2009 korean girl group, cute though!

Most of the album is giving me 2005-2010 vibes

4 years is not a lot for someone like dua who constantly has a song charting like :rip:

she should've started the era in february

3 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

i disagree, she would've been so overexposed

plus last year she had DTN smashing

Releasing something before DTN was the only right answer. Everyone took DTN as her comeback so she wasted the hype in that soundtrack song instead of giving something to her own album

Edited by BrokenMachine

I've listen the album four times now and I've sadly come to the conclusion that this is not a good album :sorry:

5 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

Too early? On the contrary, she waited too much to start the rollout. The album rollout should've started in 2022 (around the time of the FN tour), early 2023 at the latest. She wasted 2 years on what… Podcasts, beauty endeavours, questionable collabs. She had the hype… 

Houdini was six months ago. People felt it was too close to DTN.

 

They should have put the album out closer to Houdini, Put TS as Single 2, save Illusion.

 

But I wonder if they watered the album down these past months.

This has some of the strongest hooks in recent pop history and he singles make sense in the context of the album

 

I'm happy and well fed :cm:

4 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Releasing something before DTN was the only right answer. Everyone took DTN as her comeback so she wasted the hype in that soundtrack song instead of giving something to her own album

Releasing a mainstream movie soundtrack single mid album cycle? Yeah, right.

 

edit: I regarded DTN a mid DL until I heard it in the movie.

Edited by STMG23

5 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Releasing something before DTN was the only right answer. Everyone took DTN as her comeback so she wasted the hype in that soundtrack song instead of giving something to her own album

maybe you do have a point tbh…

Edited by hallucinate

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.