Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 837.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

2 minutes ago, ALA said:

My review - all the songs are better than Good in Bed :ryan3:

Every song she's ever done is, hehe.

11/10

 

My Faves are: Falling Forever, Whatchu Doin, Illusion, Houdini, Maria, Training Season, These Walls, French Exit, Happy For You

 

The bolded is my top 5 currently :gayalipacat3:

Edited by ChrisTheLoner

3 minutes ago, ToMmY said:

Radical Optimism >>>>>>>>>> Future Nostalgia.

 

 

*logs out*

I kinda thinking the same (maybe I'm a bit delusional or way too overhyped with this new album, I don't know). :cries:  

I kinda believe having smooth transitions between the tracks would have appeased critics more, it's very in vogue atm

I have to be honest :dancehall:

 

None of the songs are clicking with me

 

:weeps:

 

Why is this happening?!

 

I love Dua so much but I am not really feeling it :cries:

 

I hope they grow on me 

Edited by SayIt

BELSMD ON SECOND LISTEN AND THESE WALLS IS A CAREER HIGHLIGHT. HER BEST SONG. 29040504 WEEKS AT #1

After first listen:

 

End Of An Era: 10/10 

Houdini: 10000/10 (one of my faves songs ever)

Training Season: 10/10

These Walls: 10/10 

Watcha Doing: 9/10 

French Exit: 8/10 

Illusion: 9.5/10 

Falling Forever: 10/10 

Anything For You: 7.5/10 

Maria: 9/10

Happy For You: 10/10 

 

Extremely solid album. She truly never disappoints. :clap3:

 

Ngl, I like this better than FN.

 

Falling Forever and French Exit are my favorites..

me and critics wanted more godinis. she really should have leaned in that sound more

FALLING FOREVER. Where has this production been on the other songs? :jonny6:

First reaction post incoming!!

 

Before starting the album, I put my headphones on to get the radical experience. Once I pressed play, my room became the dance floor!! End of an Era was an interesting way to start the album. It definitely got you ready to groove and ease your way into the album.

 

When I made my way to These Walls-French Exit, I felt like I was on vacation in Barcelona, and I was with friends and dancing with strangers at an outdoors party. I love that vibe it gave me. 
 

I love love LOVE the summer feel this album has. When listening to in headphones, I can hear the hidden moments in the production that I probably wouldn't had heard on speakers on first listen.

 

I just finished the album and I like how she ended with Happy For You. Love the message of being happy for an ex partner. The ending of Happy For You was beautiful with the birds chirping as you hear the outdoors. It felt….peaceful and grounding.

 

10/10 album!!! Dua was NOT playing. I enjoyed the music and the feeling while listening. This album is on my list with Eternal Sunshine and Undressed At the Symphony.

Imma need Dua to call up The Blessed Madonna REAL QUICK coz...

 

Apart from Watcha Doin, a good, meticulous DJ MIX might save this era, making sure to sample psychedelic, rave, britpop influences she's been so adamant about:clap3:

Edited by theoghon

Houdini, Training Season and Illusion :alexz:

are all Icons.

 

The right singles were chosen. 

Whatcha Doing is soooooo good too :jonny5: already grew on me

3 minutes ago, Sadie Saxton said:

FALLING FOREVER. Where has this production been on the other songs? :jonny6:

One of her best songs methinks :jonny5:

I must have loved you more than I ever knew :heart:

 

Beautiful track and that outro is everything. I wish the entire album sounded like the second half - that's exactly where she excels here.

 

Does Happy For You sample Akon's Beautiful during the bridge? My ears can't be deceiving me.

Ok, but Watcha Doing is hitting harder on second listen. :msmarvel:

Happy For You is actually such an incredible song like that chorus melody is so good and interesting, it reminds me of Teenage Dream Katy Perry. 
 

Her magnum opus :khalyan2:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.