Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

25 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Thanks for first review ;)

If End Of An Era reminds you Count Contessa Im really looking forward to it, sounds like a proper summer heavy dance one

The lenght of Anything For Love is pissing me off, seriously, 2:22 song on 11 track album

There are also some spoken words throught the song. :gaycat3:

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, 3R1K said:

Okay guys, so I heard the album twice and here is a quick review, as promised:

End Of An Era - Amazing opener, the production kinda reminds me of Count Contessa/Along The Coast by Azealia Banks, but with a groove. She starts the song with counting (1, 2, 3). It really captures the summer vibe. 8/10

Houdini - Nothing to talk about here, definite first single, I found it weak at first and now I like it more than Don't Start Now, which is one of my favorite songs ever, that speaks for itself. 10/10

Training Season - I was not feeling this one AT ALL at first, but it also grew on me a lot, tho I still think it could've been a little punchier. 7/10

These Walls - The production is nice, kinda reminds me of Kelly Clarkson, don't ask me why. :hoetenks: I'ts not bad but also not anything spectacular right now. 5/10

Whatcha Doing - This one is really an adept for the next single, really groovy and catchy. 9/10

French Exit - Starts with drums, then goes into guitar, one of my favorites so far, also captures the summer vibe very well. 9/10

Illusion - At first, I thought it was just a weaker version of Hallucinate, oh how wrong I was. :coffee: Already my song of the summer. 10/10

Falling Forever - The production is INSANE in this one. She starts with "How LOOOOONG?", same for the chorus. It's really like Choose Your Battles by Katy, just very sped up. Can we keep falling forever, she asks? 10/10

Anything For Love - Starts with laughing and talking with her friends/family, I immediately thought of her insta photos. :laugh: Then goes like a ballad and then suddenly, an uptemto banger, but unfortunately it ends really abturbly, it's basically an interlude. 8/10

Maria - Guitar driven, another summerish one, also could work as a single. Something Álvaro Soler would release. 9/10

Happy For You - Really interesting way to end this album, the production is heavy for her standarts, kinda reminds me of Linkin Park/Twenty One Pilots production, but maybe that's a reach. :psyduck: Oh, and there's also a little psychadelic outro and animal sounds in the end of the song. 10/10

This review was written quickly and I still need time to absorb the album, but so far I can say that it's better than FN imo, it has the same highs as FN but no songs as bad as GIB and BWBB. And honestly, I'm glad that she changed the aesthetics of the era, I can't imagine the aesthetics of Houdini and TS with songs like End Of An Era, French Exit and Maria.

oh I'm so ready

tumblr_829ccfc7e60b814233dc6c19959a2a71_8dfaa843_540-ezgif.com-loop-count.thumb.gif.3b99aa9aa33e8779679c29b6fce6a2df.gif 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hoeknows said:

She posted a cute snippet :gaycat6:

OMG it sounds so good :jonny:

Which song do we think this is? 

album descriptions sound quite tragic, tired of her doing quality over quantity when the quality is barely there 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Thumbs Down 2

Count Contessa production? oh shes taking it...  

comparisons to Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry and We're Good :bibliahh: oh how I miss the DL1 sound

• Thumbs Down 1

71 members…:biblionny:

the chicken hasn't been served early has it? :biblionny:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SayIt said:

OMG it sounds so good :jonny:

Which song do we think this is? 

The snippet of her singing is from "end of an era"

I don't get the We're Good hate, it doesn't fit Future Nostalgia, but it's a great song  :butterfly:

• Like 5

We're Good is easily Top 5 on FN, maybe even Top 3 :gayalipacat3:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

51 minutes ago, 3R1K said:

Okay guys, so I heard the album twice and here is a quick review, as promised:

End Of An Era - Amazing opener, the production kinda reminds me of Count Contessa/Along The Coast by Azealia Banks, but with a groove. She starts the song with counting (1, 2, 3). It really captures the summer vibe. 8/10

Houdini - Nothing to talk about here, definite first single, I found it weak at first and now I like it more than Don't Start Now, which is one of my favorite songs ever, that speaks for itself. 10/10

Training Season - I was not feeling this one AT ALL at first, but it also grew on me a lot, tho I still think it could've been a little punchier. 7/10

These Walls - The production is nice, kinda reminds me of Kelly Clarkson, don't ask me why. :hoetenks: I'ts not bad but also not anything spectacular right now. 5/10

Whatcha Doing - This one is really an adept for the next single, really groovy and catchy. 9/10

French Exit - Starts with drums, then goes into guitar, one of my favorites so far, also captures the summer vibe very well. 9/10

Illusion - At first, I thought it was just a weaker version of Hallucinate, oh how wrong I was. :coffee: Already my song of the summer. 10/10

Falling Forever - The production is INSANE in this one. She starts with "How LOOOOONG?", same for the chorus. It's really like Choose Your Battles by Katy, just very sped up. Can we keep falling forever, she asks? 10/10

Anything For Love - Starts with laughing and talking with her friends/family, I immediately thought of her insta photos. :laugh: Then goes like a ballad and then suddenly, an uptemto banger, but unfortunately it ends really abturbly, it's basically an interlude. 8/10

Maria - Guitar driven, another summerish one, also could work as a single. Something Álvaro Soler would release. 9/10

Happy For You - Really interesting way to end this album, the production is heavy for her standarts, kinda reminds me of Linkin Park/Twenty One Pilots production, but maybe that's a reach. :psyduck: Oh, and there's also a little psychadelic outro and animal sounds in the end of the song. 10/10

This review was written quickly and I still need time to absorb the album, but so far I can say that it's better than FN imo, it has the same highs as FN but no songs as bad as GIB and BWBB. And honestly, I'm glad that she changed the aesthetics of the era, I can't imagine the aesthetics of Houdini and TS with songs like End Of An Era, French Exit and Maria.

Waitttt, this sounds great. 

:jonny6:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sneakyishere said:

81-85, probably, even though the album itself is probably going to be better than FN:bird:

honestly idk how FN managed to snatch an 88, it's a good pop album, but….that's a bit of an exaggeration when you look at other albums in that bracket. MAGDALENE by twigs for example

EDIT: Future Nostalgia IS iconic and impactful, but to me it's more of an 81 and not 88 😭. Still rightfully acclaimed:bird: 

They're dragging you but it's an 11 song album where 2 of the songs, the last two at that, are awful compared to the others.. FN tracks 1-9 are pop perfection but the last two are so bad it should have a ~84 score instead

That's why I'm fairly certain RO will be better than FN cause I don't see Dua adding 2 huge stinkers on this album

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

FN ranking before RO comes out:

1. Break My Heart
  2. Levitating
  3. Prisoner
  4. Pretty Please
  5. We're Good
  6. Love Again
  7. If It Ain't Me
  8. Hallucinate
  9. Future Nostalgia
  10. Physical
  11. That Kind Of Woman
  12. Don't Start Now
  13. Fever
  14. Cool
  15. Not My Problem
  16. Boys Will Be Boys
  17. Good In Bed
Edited by Timeless

idk why GIB gets dragged so much :rip: it fits well with the album

now BWBB? the lashings are justified

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

FN ranking before RO comes out:

1. Love Again

2. Levitating 

3. Don't Start Now

4. Break My Heart

5. Physical

6. Hallucinate

7. Pretty Please

8. Future Nostalgia

9. Cool

10. Good In Bed

11. Boys Will Be Boys

1 minute ago, hallucinate said:

She sounds like a sheep in the chorus 

BAA BAA BAA BAA BAA 

I would like to know if she tops Levitating on this album cause if she does it's a contender for my favorite of all time since FN is already in my top 10

2 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

Grating chorus and a clunky post-chorus

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Timeless said:

She sounds like a sheep in the chorus 

BAA BAA BAA BAA BAA 

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

Grating chorus and a clunky post-chorus

i still think it's a fun song though :gaycat6:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

It's so "bubblegum pop" and basic. It's the kind of song you might expect from Sabrina or Selena Gomez.

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I would like to know if she tops Levitating on this album 

She already has

• Like 1

Good in Bed really grew on me over the years and while I don't like the album version of BWBB, I'm obsessed with the remix. Cool may be my least favourite actually. I don't really understand why so many people like it.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

i still think it's a fun song though :gaycat6:

It's a fun pop song, people do the most! It's an album track for a reason lol We're Good in the other hand...

• Like 2

Houdini and Illusion are both better than everything on FN already so RO is going to be a legendary album I fear

jesy-jesy-laughing.gif

• Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.