Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, Cain said:

Booooo! 🍅 

 

Also as if a pop album can't be a good acclaimed body of work 

It can be, but I don't think FN should've been that acclaimed lol. Pitchfork's 7.5 was extremely on point :coffee:

 

also that wasn't my point at all

Edited by sneakyishere

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 842.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

59 minutes ago, 3R1K said:

I have the lenticular cover and the booklet is posterish like, on one side there are lyrics and on the other a thank you with credits and a underwater photo.

it's worth it? My local store still has the lenticular cover available on their website, but I'm still not convinced at all :duck: unboxing plsssss

What's up with people in the last few weeks/months sh*tting on Future Nostalgia all of a sudden? I get you may like Radical Optimism's stuff more, but Future Nostalgia is and will always be an iconic and impactful pop masterpiece, one that will be remembered and referenced in the years to come. No need to tear one down to uplift the other, tf :skull:

someone on twitter told me the other day they had it in a store in my city and i went there and nothing :deadbanana: i feel scammed

  • Popular Post

Okay guys, so I heard the album twice and here is a quick review, as promised:

 

End Of An Era - Amazing opener, the production kinda reminds me of Count Contessa/Along The Coast by Azealia Banks, but with a groove. She starts the song with counting (1, 2, 3). It really captures the summer vibe. 8/10

Houdini - Nothing to talk about here, definite first single, I found it weak at first and now I like it more than Don't Start Now, which is one of my favorite songs ever, that speaks for itself. 10/10

Training Season - I was not feeling this one AT ALL at first, but it also grew on me a lot, tho I still think it could've been a little punchier. 7/10

These Walls - The production is nice, kinda reminds me of Kelly Clarkson, don't ask me why. :hoetenks: I'ts not bad but also not anything spectacular right now. 5/10

Whatcha Doing - This one is really an adept for the next single, really groovy and catchy. 9/10

French Exit - Starts with drums, then goes into guitar, one of my favorites so far, also captures the summer vibe very well. 9/10

Illusion - At first, I thought it was just a weaker version of Hallucinate, oh how wrong I was. :coffee: Already my song of the summer. 10/10

Falling Forever - The production is INSANE in this one. She starts with "How LOOOOONG?", same for the chorus. It's really like Choose Your Battles by Katy, just very sped up. Can we keep falling forever, she asks? 10/10

Anything For Love - Starts with laughing and talking with her friends/family, I immediately thought of her insta photos. :laugh: Then goes like a ballad and then suddenly, an uptemto banger, but unfortunately it ends really abturbly, it's basically an interlude. 8/10

Maria - Guitar driven, another summerish one, also could work as a single. Something Álvaro Soler would release. 9/10

Happy For You - Really interesting way to end this album, the production is heavy for her standarts, kinda reminds me of Linkin Park/Twenty One Pilots production, but maybe that's a reach. :psyduck: Oh, and there's also a little psychadelic outro and animal sounds in the end of the song. 10/10

 

This review was written quickly and I still need time to absorb the album, but so far I can say that it's better than FN imo, it has the same highs as FN but no songs as bad as GIB and BWBB. And honestly, I'm glad that she changed the aesthetics of the era, I can't imagine the aesthetics of Houdini and TS with songs like End Of An Era, French Exit and Maria.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 minutes ago, 3R1K said:

Okay guys, so I heard the album twice and here is a quick review, as promised:

 

End Of An Era - Amazing opener, the production kinda reminds me of Count Contessa/Along The Coast by Azealia Banks, but with a groove. She starts the song with counting (1, 2, 3). It really captures the summer vibe. 8/10

Houdini - Nothing to talk about here, definite first single, I found it weak at first and now I like it more than Don't Start Now, which is one of my favorite songs ever, that speaks for itself. 10/10

Training Season - I was not feeling this one AT ALL at first, but it also grew on me a lot, tho I still think it could've been a little punchier. 7/10

These Walls - The production is nice, kinda reminds me of Kelly Clarkson, don't ask me why. :hoetenks: I'ts not bad but also not anything spectacular right now. 5/10

Whatcha Doing - This one is really an adept for the next single, really groovy and catchy. 9/10

French Exit - Starts with drums, then goes into guitar, one of my favorites so far, also captures the summer vibe very well. 9/10

Illusion - At first, I thought it was just a weaker version of Hallucinate, oh how wrong I was. :coffee: Already my song of the summer. 10/10

Falling Forever - The production is INSANE in this one. She starts with "How LOOOOONG?", same for the chorus. It's really like Choose Your Battles by Katy, just very sped up. Can we keep falling forever, she asks? 10/10

Anything For Love - Starts with laughing and talking with her friends/family, I immediately thought of her insta photos. :laugh: Then goes like a ballad and then suddenly, an uptemto banger, but unfortunately it ends really abturbly, it's basically an interlude. 8/10

Maria - Guitar driven, another summerish one, also could work as a single. Something Álvaro Soler would release. 9/10

Happy For You - Really interesting way to end this album, the production is heavy for her standarts, kinda reminds me of Linkin Park/Twenty One Pilots production, but maybe that's a reach. :psyduck: Oh, and there's also a little psychadelic outro and animal sounds in the end of the song. 10/10

 

This review was written quickly and I still need time to absorb the album, but so far I can say that it's better than FN imo, it has the same highs as FN but no songs as bad as GIB and BWBB. And honestly, I'm glad that she changed the aesthetics of the era, I can't imagine the aesthetics of Houdini and TS with songs like End Of An Era, French Exit and Maria.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Are there any seamless transitions between songs? 

16 minutes ago, Cain said:

#11 lead, 79 MC score, #2 album :giraffe:

please stop...:jonny:

6 minutes ago, 3R1K said:

Something Álvaro Soler would release.

bye :rip:

Edited by roggenpierre

So, just went on to Tidal and read through the credits. It appears that Kevin Parker is credited as a producer on 7 out of the 11 tracks, except...

 

These Walls was produced by Danny L. Harle and Andrew Wyatt

Maria - Danny L Harle and Andrew Wyatt

Falling Forever - Danny L Harle, Ian Kirkpatrick

Anything For Love - Danny L Harle, Ian Kirkpatrick

 

 

 

these walls and french exit will be the GIB and BWBB according to every review :rip: 

14 minutes ago, 3R1K said:

Okay guys, so I heard the album twice and here is a quick review, as promised:

 

End Of An Era - Amazing opener, the production kinda reminds me of Count Contessa/Along The Coast by Azealia Banks, but with a groove. She starts the song with counting (1, 2, 3). It really captures the summer vibe. 8/10

Houdini - Nothing to talk about here, definite first single, I found it weak at first and now I like it more than Don't Start Now, which is one of my favorite songs ever, that speaks for itself. 10/10

Training Season - I was not feeling this one AT ALL at first, but it also grew on me a lot, tho I still think it could've been a little punchier. 7/10

These Walls - The production is nice, kinda reminds me of Kelly Clarkson, don't ask me why. :hoetenks: I'ts not bad but also not anything spectacular right now. 5/10

Whatcha Doing - This one is really an adept for the next single, really groovy and catchy. 9/10

French Exit - Starts with drums, then goes into guitar, one of my favorites so far, also captures the summer vibe very well. 9/10

Illusion - At first, I thought it was just a weaker version of Hallucinate, oh how wrong I was. :coffee: Already my song of the summer. 10/10

Falling Forever - The production is INSANE in this one. She starts with "How LOOOOONG?", same for the chorus. It's really like Choose Your Battles by Katy, just very sped up. Can we keep falling forever, she asks? 10/10

Anything For Love - Starts with laughing and talking with her friends/family, I immediately thought of her insta photos. :laugh: Then goes like a ballad and then suddenly, an uptemto banger, but unfortunately it ends really abturbly, it's basically an interlude. 8/10

Maria - Guitar driven, another summerish one, also could work as a single. Something Álvaro Soler would release. 9/10

Happy For You - Really interesting way to end this album, the production is heavy for her standarts, kinda reminds me of Linkin Park/Twenty One Pilots production, but maybe that's a reach. :psyduck: Oh, and there's also a little psychadelic outro and animal sounds in the end of the song. 10/10

 

This review was written quickly and I still need time to absorb the album, but so far I can say that it's better than FN imo, it has the same highs as FN but no songs as bad as GIB and BWBB. And honestly, I'm glad that she changed the aesthetics of the era, I can't imagine the aesthetics of Houdini and TS with songs like End Of An Era, French Exit and Maria.

 

Thanks for first review ;)

 

If End Of An Era reminds you Count Contessa Im really looking forward to it, sounds like a proper summer heavy dance one

 

The lenght of Anything For Love is pissing me off, seriously, 2:22 song on 11 track album

 

 

Edited by mike_int

4 minutes ago, CuriousDolphin said:

So, just went on to Tidal and read through the credits. It appears that Kevin Parker is credited as a producer on 7 out of the 11 tracks, except...

 

These Walls was produced by Danny L. Harle and Andrew Wyatt

Maria - Danny L Harle and Andrew Wyatt

Falling Forever - Danny L Harle, Ian Kirkpatrick

Anything For Love - Danny L Harle, Ian Kirkpatrick

 

 

 

Hope we get more tracks produced by Ian and Andrew on Radical Optimism: Bikini Bottom edition

Just now, Iris said:

Hope we get more tracks produced by Ian and Andrew on Radical Optimism: Bikini Bottom edition

**** that i hope we get more kevin parker songs 

1 hour ago, mike_int said:

Thanks for first review ;)

 

If End Of An Era reminds you Count Contessa Im really looking forward to it, sounds like a proper summer heavy dance one

 

The lenght of Anything For Love is pissing me off, seriously, 2:22 song on 11 track album

 

 

In that case, an Extended version of the album is imminent. 100%!!!

12 minutes ago, CuriousDolphin said:

 

Falling Forever - Danny L Harle, Ian Kirkpatrick

Anything For Love - Danny L Harle, Ian Kirkpatrick

 

 

 

Oh Ian, the GOD you are

46 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

please don't leak it, thank u :gayalipacat5:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

dua-lipa-duolingo.gif

 

taylor swift GIF

25 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

What's up with people in the last few weeks/months sh*tting on Future Nostalgia all of a sudden? I get you may like Radical Optimism's stuff more, but Future Nostalgia is and will always be an iconic and impactful pop masterpiece, one that will be remembered and referenced in the years to come. No need to tear one down to uplift the other, tf :skull:

This is the usual here. They like to tear one down to lift the other up to make their opinion of a song/album to be superior. Honestly just ignore them I don't think it will change. 

10 minutes ago, CuriousDolphin said:

In that case, an Extended version of the album is imminent. 100%!!!

I think that's the plan :gaycat5:

28 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

it's worth it? My local store still has the lenticular cover available on their website, but I'm still not convinced at all :duck: unboxing plsssss

Honestly, for 20€ I expected a little more, but I bought the album mostly because I wanted to support our girl and hear the album among the first. But the lenticular cover is gorgeous, I'll say that. :gaycat2:

26 minutes ago, sneakyishere said:

 

Are there any seamless transitions between songs? 

Unfortunately no, there is a grainy noise at the end of End Of An Era, so I was waiting to see if it was a transition to Houdini, but nothing happened. :ryan3:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.