Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

The reverb and the melody when she sings "if these walls could taaaalk" reminds me so much of a song but I can't put my finger on it

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking in after I've found the songs a little meh after FN. Looks like most of you agree. Want this album to smash real bad though, my queen of the radio and H&M.

1 minute ago, Asherio said:

The reverb and the melody when she sings "if these walls could taaaalk" reminds me so much of a song but I can't put my finger on it

That part right there is so good! 

Dua has done it again 

Artistic growth, melodies, vocals :duca:

HOLD MEEEEEE THESE WALLLS SNIPPET IS SO DELICIOUS AND REALLY CATCHY DUAAAAAA:duca:

• Like 2

Just now, Wooper said:

Just checking in after I've found the songs a little meh after FN. Looks like most of you agree. Want this album to smash real bad though, my queen of the radio and H&M.

Sorry you don't like it. Maybe hopefully at least one song on the album gets your attention. You can stream FN instead to enjoy the songs you like 

• Like 1

Too lazy to rank DL1 but let's not forget it's a very solid debut with very solid tracks. I'd go as far as saying it doesn't have a bad song (on the standard) unlike FN :clap3:

Genesis remains at the top of her discog, Begging is a hymn, New Rules one of her biggest bops, BTO and HTH so good ... 

She really does have a solid pop discog so far 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Timeless said:

Does anyone know the critical reception of Houdini, Training Season, and Illusion? 

29 minutes ago, lapisnour said:

nothing damning yet, i think illusion had to undergo the ''generic pop'' narrative a couple of times (I agree). but reviews are positive, but nowhere near the acclaim that DSN and Physical received.

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

Houdini is her most critically acclaimed song.

• Like 5

Sonically these walls fits perfectly after Training Season. Houdini works well in front of Training Season. And from the sound of everyone's reviews End Of An Era sets a good tone and leads into Houdini. These Walls then Whatcha Doing :jonny:

The 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Punch back to back song :jonny5: this album will be so good 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

Houdini is her most critically acclaimed song.

All three songs are top notch! We are so lucky to have them all :celestial4:

Such a great time to be a Dua Stan :celestial:

Edited by SayIt

13 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Too lazy to rank DL1 but let's not forget it's a very solid debut with very solid tracks. I'd go as far as saying it doesn't have a bad song (on the standard) unlike FN :clap3:

Genesis remains at the top of her discog, Begging is a hymn, New Rules one of her biggest bops, BTO and HTH so good ... 

She really does have a solid pop discog so far 

literally genesis, hth, homesick, and room for 2 are stellar. dua knows what to pick and cut from her albums. 

levitating is her best song and the best song of 2020s

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

• Thumbs Down 1

I still remember the first time I listened to Future Nostalgia when it was officially released and Levitating just clicked on the very first listen. I loved the disco beat, the heavenly synths, the catchiness, the double chorus, I loved how it felt iconic, timeless and futuristic at the same time. I felt how this song would work so well on a rap remix (I wanted a Doja one but we got DaBaby). And then the entire world agreed that this is indeed the best pop song of this decade and has 3B streams on Spotify alone.

Hallucinate/Houdini stans will never know this feeling.

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

5 minutes ago, hallucinating said:

literally genesis, hth, homesick, and room for 2 are stellar. dua knows what to pick and cut from her albums. 

Well she has literally dozens of better outtakes than BWBB, GIB and NMP. So I wouldn't say that per se. But overall she's very good at it - yes. 

Yall are dragging These Walls based off THAT snippet??? 

It sounds so good, I truly cannot trust any of your opinions sometimes :skull: It's giving an advanced DL1 track

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Null said:

Why am I getting KFC ads but not the CHICKEN I WANT/NEED?

same - i am shook - gained 10 pounds eating chicken

The snippet for These Walls isn't even the studio version, how can we say whether we like it or not :skull:

I feel at times I am being to lenient with Dua and some of my opinions come across as delusional and forced but I genuinely have loved every piece of this album I've heard so far.

I didn't become a full on Dua stan until around when Levitating was vying for #1. But I think this album is about to solidify her as my 2nd favorite artist ever for now

• Like 1

These Walls snippet sounds amazing :clap3: 

The only gagging she gave me was with Physical, I used to drag her on Twitter. :duck: Then she released FN and that album put its "Love Again"  finger in my *ss and gave me the biggest eargasm in years.

Homesick

Lost In Your Light

Hotter Than Hell

is DL1 (standard version) top 3 idgaf

The way Physical, for a brief moment in time, turned me off from her cause I could not help but think she was lacking originality and was leaning on formulaic 80s tropes to make her music. :skull: 

It's still not one of my favorites by her, but at least I like it now and she proved me wrong :bird: 

5 minutes ago, PotatoPancake420 said:

The snippet for These Walls isn't even the studio version, how can we say whether we like it or not :skull:

How do you know? 

These Walls 4th single campaign :celestial:

Where are y'all hearing that snippet.

5 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The way Physical, for a brief moment in time, turned me off from her cause I could not help but think she was lacking originality and was leaning on formulaic 80s tropes to make her music. :skull: 

It's still not one of my favorites by her, but at least I like it now and she proved me wrong :bird: 

This take :skull: (no offense)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, G.U.Y_Del_Rey said:

Where are y'all hearing that snippet.

Spotify album countdown

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.