St. Vincent - 'All Born Screaming'

kyliefever2002

obviously a best new music would've been amazing, but hey, they're still acclaiming it! and it's getting acclaim everywhere else too soooooo wins all around :clap3:

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JoeAg

• Dareeyecare

• Taylor fanboy

• HonourableVomit

44 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

oh that's not

I mean hey at least it's not another 6.7 :toofunny2:

5 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

I mean hey at least it's not another 6.7 :toofunny2:

Marry Me 8.0

Actor 8.5 BNM

Strange Mercy 9.0 BNM

Self Titled 8.6 BNM

Masseduction 7.6

Daddy Home 6.7

All Born Screaming 7.8

bath-and-body-works-peach-bellini.gif 

36 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

Marry Me 8.0

Actor 8.5 BNM

Strange Mercy 9.0 BNM

Self Titled 8.6 BNM

Masseduction 7.6

Daddy Home 6.7

All Born Screaming 7.8

true :gaycat6: oomf on twattir was predicting it'd be an 8.5 but I knew that was a bit far fetched… tbh I think pitchfork might just underrate her from here on out. but, fortunately, they're in a minority

I just hope that they kinda fade with time from relevance. I think they HAVE been, and the unjust layoffs play a part in that, but they've had a LONG reputation for being the voice of indie and alt music critique

I'm really not feeling Big Time Nothing but I'm sure the album will slay me. And the score is good imo!

I'm still not convinced this will be

better than Masseduction, but

she's free to prove me wrong :heart:

Just listened to the vinyl and it's ok. Some nice highlights but nothing spectacular but I also just listened once while working so that's barely a first impression. 

15 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Just listened to the vinyl and it's ok. Some nice highlights but nothing spectacular but I also just listened once while working so that's barely a first impression. 

whats ur fav song on your first listen?

4 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

whats ur fav song on your first listen?

Literally couldn't tell you, I was so busy :rip: 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

Marry Me 8.0

Actor 8.5 BNM

Strange Mercy 9.0 BNM

Self Titled 8.6 BNM

Masseduction 7.6

Daddy Home 6.7

All Born Screaming 7.8

it's better than MASSEDUCTION and DH. tha'ts all i need to know

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Literally couldn't tell you, I was so busy :rip: 

then why even writing this? :rip:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Kern said:

then why even writing this? :rip:

Just shared a comment on a forum, I didn't come here to write an album essay, as I stated in my comment. **** off. 

• Haha 7

this album starts sooo much more somber than i thought it would. very spacey and dirgey across the first two tracks. it's almost like a two track preamble to the rest of it. obsesseddd with the way "reckless" progresses.

• Like 2

I'm definitely going to give this album a listen but I'm afraid it's not going to be for me. Masseduction is one of my favorite albums of all time and Daddy's Home is mostly great as well. Her earlier albums don't do much for me aside from a track here or there. The singles have also left me cold, I just can't get into them. Maybe they'll work better on the album. Heard a snippet of the title track and it sounded gorgeous so maybe it's just the singles that do nothing for me. In any case I can't wait to listen to it tonight.

i'm scared

oh "sweetest fruit" is it, total freak ****

• Like 1

Holy **** this is probably her best and most consistent LP IMO . At the very least , it's on par with self titled and strange mercy 

any critic not rating it so or giving this 9/10 or higher is smoking crack.

for reference, self titled, strange mercy and actor are my favs in order- but this will prob take the #1 spot and its crazy I can say that on one pass. 

this is a huge album for Annie 

• Like 5

i just know this is gonna go crazy on tour

there's a lil melody on The Power's Out that reminded me of Roxette's "Anyone" i was gagged :jonnycat:

• Like 1

"Special thanks to... Jack Antonoff"

7Ta6IFb.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dareeyecare said:

Holy **** this is probably her best and most consistent LP IMO . At the very least , it's on par with self titled and strange mercy 

any critic not rating it so or giving this 9/10 or higher is smoking crack.

for reference, self titled, strange mercy and actor are my favs in order- but this will prob take the #1 spot and its crazy I can say that on one pass. 

this is a huge album for Annie 

I will say this album may be a lot for people who just want "yay bops!" Like the last two albums . But This album is so much more than that- bigger more cinematic/ harrowing/ dark (for a while) and feels more important. The songs are endlessly catchy regardless but they clearly work best in their sequenced order, meant to be listened to back to front . Chilly and arresting, then explosive , then epic and beautiful. Production is nuts.

• Like 3

Based on the singles, I'm surprised this didn't score BNM. But then again they severely underrated Daddy's Home, so :rip:

• Like 1

This album is very consistent, I had really high hopes and it has exceeded those.  I dont know where it ranks in his discography overall yet but definitely somewhere in the top 4

Annie continues her run of never releasing a bad album 

Edited by 4th Time Around
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.