Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Charli XCX - 'BRAT'

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, VEENX said:

"So I" being in the album....what do you guys think? is this like "Twice" version for this album? caz i dont want sad songs...

 

 

it might be sad/a bit slower than other songs on the album but the production sounds pretty interesting to me, although i hope the studio version has a bit more punch.

  • Replies 4.2k
  • Views 322.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Jennifer Lawrence
    Jennifer Lawrence

    I love the cover design, but this corny (and wrong) explanation....be serious... The font is Arial, squished vertically, so you wrote all of that for nothing   

  • When Trump wins and brat is forbidden in the US

  • thedeathbymusic
    thedeathbymusic

    Sympathy is a knife is seriously so c*nty and real... we all feel those feelings. one of her best songs ever and she WHACKED Taylor so good it made me never want to listen to her ever again lmao 

1 hour ago, VEENX said:

"So I" being in the album....what do you guys think? is this like "Twice" version for this album? caz i dont want sad songs...

 

 

When asked about ballads or down tempo, she didn't mention this song.

4 hours ago, VEENX said:

"So I" being in the album....what do you guys think? is this like "Twice" version for this album? caz i dont want sad songs...

 

 

she recently did an interview where she was asked if there are any ballads on brat. it was on a podcast, therapuss with jake shane, and they talk about it right at the 22 min mark of the episode.

 

she said there are two "downtempo" songs on brat.

 

she describes the first one being about feeling out of place and uncomfortable at parties. in a recent rolling stone UK interview, this same theme came up and is attributed to the track "i might say something stupid."

 

Quote

...she is explaining the meaning behind excoriatingly personal Auto-Tuned ballad 'I might say something stupid', about the existential fear she gets as someone who is "famous but not quite" the morning after an industry party.

she says the other slower song is about motherhood, which is "i think about it all the time." a demo for this leaked late last year.

 

so yeah i think this performance of "so i" is similar to what happened with "twice" where the album version will be more fleshed out than the initial performance.

 

i hope mean girls has that faceshopping sophie sample

1 hour ago, Cesar said:

i hope mean girls has that faceshopping sophie sample

it doesn't

I'm not sure about Talk talk just yet. I hope this album is good

16 hours ago, VEENX said:

"So I" being in the album....what do you guys think? is this like "Twice" version for this album? caz i dont want sad songs...

 

 

Oh this sounds like the ONE for me :jonny6:

Mean girls sounds ******* awesome! Should be the next single!

Edited by xokuba

3 hours ago, xokuba said:

Mean girls sounds ******* awesome! Should be the next single!

have you heard it? is it like the boiler room version?

On 5/18/2024 at 7:57 AM, VEENX said:

"So I" being in the album....what do you guys think? is this like "Twice" version for this album? caz i dont want sad songs...

 

 

Billboard has confirmed that this was indeed a stripped down version of the song:

 

I think we're going to have another dua lipa moment where charli describing the album as club music is going to come back and bite her. if we're being honest, almost none of the songs sound like they could be played in a club. I don't see it being perceived well by fans just because she heavily lied about the direction of this album. maybe we'll get a mixtape sometime after with the actual club bangers. a bit disappointed. N1A, pop2 and hifn remain untouched. 

the teaches of peaches is a club album though. dance music can be heavy by being minimal. not everything has to be 2013 EDM to be considered dance - club. x

whenever pop girls say "it's a ______ record!" I usually translate that to "it's what I'm doing usually but with a lil bit of _______ influence" 
 

Charli's, Dua's, Camila's, and even JoeJoe Siwa's releases aren't really angering to me because of this mindset 

this roll out is so awesome. so into Charli this era

AG Cook recently revealed that he's excited for this to come out and that his favorite songs are Rewind and Mean Girls

23 hours ago, James_Dean said:

I've kinda been loving everything she's dropped this era :katie2:  can't wait to see her live

I'm gonna work my ass off so that me and my friend can go see her and troye at msg wish me luck

On 5/20/2024 at 5:43 PM, jóga said:

whenever pop girls say "it's a ______ record!" I usually translate that to "it's what I'm doing usually but with a lil bit of _______ influence" 
 

Charli's, Dua's, Camila's, and even JoeJoe Siwa's releases aren't really angering to me because of this mindset 

If only people thought like you

On 5/20/2024 at 3:29 PM, L1veLaughL0ve said:

I think we're going to have another dua lipa moment where charli describing the album as club music is going to come back and bite her. if we're being honest, almost none of the songs sound like they could be played in a club. I don't see it being perceived well by fans just because she heavily lied about the direction of this album. maybe we'll get a mixtape sometime after with the actual club bangers. a bit disappointed. N1A, pop2 and hifn remain untouched. 

Um no that's not what's happening her sis lol

 

I WISH YOU TALK TALK

 

WISH YOU TALK TALK 

 

WISH YOU TALK TALK

 

WISH YOU TALK TALK TO ME

 

TALK TO ME

TALK TO ME

 

source.gif

 

 

10 hours ago, GardenPanty said:

AG Cook recently revealed that he's excited for this to come out and that his favorite songs are Rewind and Mean Girls

Mean Girls was the one I liked the most from the Boiler Room set, it gave me strong Shygirl vibes, I can't wait. :jonny5:

cant wait to get my blood records exclusive vinyl of this :WAP:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.