STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Charli XCX - 'BRAT'

Kylie Jenner

Between this , Billie , Dua , and whatever Bebe has cooking I'm gonna be so FED.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xokuba

• sbenci

• BeachRat

• GardenPanty

On 5/10/2024 at 10:46 AM, xokuba said:

Taxi is a song from 2016 she made with SOPHIE that was never released, but was teased the hell out of. Performed live, played on DJ sets, played before live shows, tweeted about, mentioned in interviews and live streams, leaked in multiple versions (at one point Charli was even asking for the link), one time she introduced it during live show and then said she was joking.

And Spring Breakers is almost the same scenario. The title was floating around for a few months, snippet leaked, she played the whole thing during DJ set, posted snippet online but said it's never coming out and then she played it in her music video.

She loves to do these things. Tease the **** out of a song that everybody would die for and melts down whenever it's mentioned and then not release it. I personally don't get the hype for either Taxi or Spring Breakers, since she has better songs in her repertoire that were left scrapped or unreleased (Justice for Come to My Party, I Wanna Be With U and Can You Hear Me?) but on the other hand I get insatiable baguettes that want every single thing she has ever recorded or thought of recording (I am one of them.)

But let's not forget, she is super into lying this era and said that she plans to release more stuff that didn't get onto the final tracklist of BRAT, so it still might be coming (I'm also delusional though.)

Didn't we get Crash Deluxe on streaming one week after the OG? I could see her doing the same thing for BRAT and saving Spring Breakers for it.

39 minutes ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

Didn't we get Crash Deluxe on streaming one week after the OG? I could see her doing the same thing for BRAT and saving Spring Breakers for it.

well yes but then again everyone thought she would include Sweat on Crash deluxe but didn't :rip:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burqa said:

well yes but then again everyone thought she would include Sweat on Crash deluxe but didn't :rip:

and thank god because Sweat blows

• Like 5

7 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

much better than those unlistenable bonus tracks tho

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Burqa said:

Lmao, okay

4 minutes ago, Burqa said:

What you think about me >>> 90% of the album

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

Sweat is actually a cute bop. Tove Lo co-wrote. It's in the same realm like Boys I'd say.

A lot of my friends who are on the very opposite of the music listening spectrum were bopping to this and it was a small win for me hahaha. It was also used for the first Addison x Charli crossover :heart:

Edited by xokuba
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

she's doing everything she needs to do with whoever she needs to do it with. 

not a lot of people can say that about a moment in their careers. 

will see you all on June 7th. 

save the date. 

tell your mother, a friend, your local pastor etc.

Edited by BeachRat

360 is the weakest track so far. sounds like a charli (2019) reject. I hope she keeps the momentum with the rest of the tracklist.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, humbz said:

360 is the weakest track so far. sounds like a charli (2019) reject. I hope she keeps the momentum with the rest of the tracklist.

most of charli is charli in her soundcloud/mumblecore post malone/yung lean bag with that angsty 100 gec hyperpop energy - plus the required commercial tracks 1999/BIOYL/WM

360 is more akin to xcx3

also spring breakers gives off the energy of taxi in the sense that people want it because they can't have it - taxi leaked and people were still begging for it…

it's also extremely charli by the numbers, like the kind of song she writes in her sleep

• Like 1

3 hours ago, V_E_N_U_S said:

most of charli is charli in her soundcloud/mumblecore post malone/yung lean bag with that angsty 100 gec hyperpop energy - plus the required commercial tracks 1999/BIOYL/WM

360 is more akin to xcx3

….what?

• Haha 3

I can't imagine we'll get a deluxe this time. I feel like the strategy is safe after Crash being the main stream attempt that cost money.

I think the small tour and DJ sets, plus the features coming with The Dare, Clean Bandit and most probably Troye, the 360 remix with Robyn and the BT20/club classics vinyl will be it for the summer. 

i wanna dance with me me me me me spacer.png

She should name the deluxe EP -  CVNT

the gays would GAG.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, sneakyishere said:

….what?

most of charli is charli in her soundcloud/mumblecore post malone/yung lean bag with that angsty 100 gec hyperpop energy - plus the required commercial tracks 1999/BIOYL/WM

do i need to repeat?

she was heavily inspired by those type of male artists around 2018/19. the way she's singing and the ultra ULTRA processed vocals is so reminiscent of those types of acts and you can clearly hear it. this isn't a knock on her at all. my 100 gecs comparison is moreso about the dylan brady-esque noisy production that was going on at the time 

Edited by V_E_N_U_S

22 hours ago, Janet said:

What you think about me >>> 90% of the album

Let her KNOW.

this just went live.

only 1500 left 

:WAP:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

this just went live.

only 1500 left 

pre-ordered in a heartbeat!

Edited by xokuba

2 hours ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

this just went live.

only 1500 left 

Ordered :jonny6:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

this just went live.

only 1500 left 

people are saying it's not a gatefold, what is the truth? 

• Like 1

I ordered it but haven't received an email confirmation, did anybody else receive one?

46 minutes ago, STARFUCKER said:

I ordered it but haven't received an email confirmation, did anybody else receive one?

yes I did

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.