• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• toxicgenie

• Vespertine

• dawnettakins

Now I KNOW none of y’all with vocal-deficient faves are in here dragging her.

• Like 2

This is why I could never waste money on her shows. :rip:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

People want us to believe that Adele is the vocalist of an entire generation. 

There are other professional singers who belt on Broadway (while also acting and dancing) in multiple shows per week, and sometimes in multiple shows per day. Why can’t Adele manage it one day per week? C’mon now :rip: 

Bad technique and no discipline wbk

still our fav chav mum tho 

• Like 1

Wishing her a speedy recovery since her voice and songs are timeless. :heart:

Not she done smoked her vocal chords omg. Time for some lipsyncage. Get well soon queen 

Oh no gonna have to wait a bit to get fresh black dress pics

did she lose her voice or is broke paul messing with her head again? 

people including herself have vilified lipsynching so much that this is the direct result of that. She needs to lip one or 2 songs every night and use more backing vocals. You have to protect your voice. Also doesn’t she still smoke? An all around mess!

i hope she has a speedy recovery. being sick is the worst and last time I was my singing voice was in pieces so i cant imagine what it does to an actual professional.

40 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

people including herself have vilified lipsynching so much that this is the direct result of that. She needs to lip one or 2 songs every night and use more backing vocals. You have to protect your voice. Also doesn’t she still smoke? An all around mess!

well she says she sick- im sure no amount of protecting your voice will let you sing properly especially during flu/cold season. and no pretty sure she dropped smoking around 2015.

All of a sudden ATRL members are experts in vocal technique and her supposed lack thereof.

Give me a break. :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

55 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

She needs to lip one or 2 songs every night and use more backing vocals.

I’m sorry but… why would anybody in their right mind go to an Adele show if she’s gonna lip some songs and disappear behind backing vocals. :rip: Might as well just stream her music while visiting her Madame Tussauds figure. :dies: I’d rather she just cancel/postpone. It is what it is.

• Like 2

Her songs are demanding vocally.. She’s gonna terminate her voice with vegas and the german residency 

how many times has she lost her voice atp? maybe she’s just a sheet singer :coffee2:

She's in a catch 22 because her whole image hinges on her being a "real vocalist", but extended residencies are notoriously hard on your voice night after night, so lip synching is out of the question.

If I were her I'd try increasing the parts of the backing vocalists or pre-recording particularly hard parts of songs (sometimes it's just one note that fucks you up), dropping the key, etc., make it easier to sing throughout the show. I doubt audiences will be pissed.

Edited by MatiRod
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BambiStar said:

Why not use prerecorded vocals like other Vegas legends have done? We know she has the pipes so let her preserve her voice!

the anecdotes and audience interactions always provide a unique experience anyways

That **** is not worth the money they demand for the tickets, guuuurl :gaycat7:

• Haha 1

I saw her live two weeks ago and she sang her heart out and also interacted with the audience after singing every single song. It is not a matter of "technique" like some are breaking their hips to claim it is this time around. She got sick, still performed while not being up to her 100% and now she was advised to get rest. She says she will get the dates that have been postponed up for new dates "ASAP" so let's give her a break. She's also got her dates in Munich and more are rumored to come. 

She's talked about how messy it got after she couldn't deliver her first Vegas dates and I bet she got sick, knew she had to take a break yet she kept performing so people would not criticize her like some are doing right now. She's human and she's been trying to live up to everyone's expectations. 

She lost her voice back in 2012 because she was performing everywhere, promoting 21 like crazy for almost three years. She did in 2017 because she was performing 100+ shows for her tour and only had to cancel two dates. This time she postponed and by the way she talked about how much she enjoys performing now and connecting with her audience in Vegas, she will deliver the shows. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Anomaly said:

I’m sorry but… why would anybody in their right mind go to an Adele show if she’s gonna lip some songs and disappear behind backing vocals. :rip: Might as well just stream her music while visiting her Madame Tussauds figure. :dies: I’d rather she just cancel/postpone. It is what it is.

Exactly! My money would be way better spent at a drag show in that case.

Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th time in her career that she's post-poning/canceling concert dates because of her voice? If she's gonna be doing more than 30 or so dates, she either needs a new vocal regimen or a coach for maintenance. Does she still smoke? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, toxicgenie said:

I wonder if its because she talks a lot during her shows and throws her vocal cords off.

May be tbh

No more Dr. Simi dolls for her. 

Does she have most cancelled or rescheduled shows out of the MPGs? It’s crazy. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.