Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

"Me!" What was your first reaction?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 49
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Erreur2 La Nature
    Erreur2 La Nature

    It's a really really mediocre song. It's shockingly bad. The instrumental is not it, the lyrics are ridiculous, the melody is weak, it sounds childish, the entire song is just bad and extremely generi

  • I don't remember but I've never thought it was as bad as people thought, it's corny but Taylor's never been one that's too cool for a bit of cringe so I don't see the outrage, it's on Karma's level or

Baffled, shocked, and honestly entertained by how bad it is and how she could possibly do it as a lead

It's just so bad and not even catchy. I think it could've been a bit better if she had adjust the chorus and deleted that Panic at the Disco guy's part

Edited by Ron Ng

Just very disappointed. I really thought it would be over for good for her when ME! dropped. Especially since reputation was snubbed from the scammys and everyone said it flopped :rip:

It's a really really mediocre song. It's shockingly bad. The instrumental is not it, the lyrics are ridiculous, the melody is weak, it sounds childish, the entire song is just bad and extremely generic. This is the type of song that would have been disliked even if it was just a filler on an album but releasing this as a lead single is baffling.

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

It was just another taylor swift song. I never understood the overwhelmed reactions. 

Disappointment that it lacked the sophistication and edge of the Reputation tracks.

 

She released it right after the Rep tour film dropped on Netflix, and it made sense to me that it represented a clear transition between the Rep and (at the time unnamed) Lover eras. But it didn't quite feel like a big lead single.

 

The release of the song was also her big return to doing PR, talk show interviews and public appearances after being very low key during Rep. So from that perspective it made sense that it was a GP friendly song rather than one for the fans.

Edited by Bentendo

I don't remember but I've never thought it was as bad as people thought, it's corny but Taylor's never been one that's too cool for a bit of cringe so I don't see the outrage, it's on Karma's level or better maybe. 

  • ATRL Moderator

I really tried to stockholm this. I almost unstanned

Also the visuals are extremely underrated, I hated the way her team styled her during this era but the music video and that (BBMAS?) performance were amazing.

I was surprised that the best Pop song of the decade finally came out in 2019. 

I was disappointed, turned me off from whatever she was making at the time. 

The music videos for the lover era were really too good for the songs they were featuring 

It kinda felt like 3 steps back into her artistry. My first reaction was more or less being confused.

 

When the album eventually got released the confusion was even bigger. I know Taylor mainly chooses a lead that isn't the best representation of the album as a whole but in the case of Me! It also felt too 'playful' to make sense at that point of her career.

 

Like if 'Me!' Was the soundtrack to Paddington, Trolls or an other family movie soundtrack, it would have been very fitting.

 

I thought the title was really funny considering the accusations she's gotten in the pre-Reputation era. Then I listened to it and thought that this was one of the best cheesiest pop songs ever. Still love it. Although I never got over the removal of "Spelling is fun!", that was camp. Now the marching drums shine better without it.

Edited by The Next Day

i kind of forced myself to like it because i was just hungry for more after reputation :rip:

Stupid Love and ME! were big let downs for me. I was so disappointed. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.