Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Tinder Group Pics As Your First Pic

Featured Replies

Do any of you do this and why? 99.9% of the time it’s the ugliest person in the pic so it feels like catfishing. I’m willing to hear out arguments though.

  • Replies 25
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Never. And I agree. It’s always the ugliest person in the pic. The worst case I’ve ever seen was all the photos were group pics.    Please don’t put group pictures in your profile. And you don’

  • St. Charles
    St. Charles

    If you use a group pic, you should just put it last. And even though it sounds ****ed up, make sure you're the best looking person in the pic or at least can hold your own. If you have friends that lo

  • feelslikeadream
    feelslikeadream

    You know how Grindr can now detect if you're using a face pic (cause you can adjust filters to only show people with face pic)?   Well my dream is for dating apps to use this same technology

Ugly straight guys do this all the time. When every photo is a group pic :biblio:

Immediate swipe left unless EVERYONE in the group looks good. It’s always the ugliest member of the photo. Sometimes I’m bored are will check the next photo just to confirm they are the ugliest then swipe left

Never. And I agree. It’s always the ugliest person in the pic. The worst case I’ve ever seen was all the photos were group pics. 
 

Please don’t put group pictures in your profile. And you don’t know if the other people in that photo even consent. 

If you use a group pic, you should just put it last. And even though it sounds ****ed up, make sure you're the best looking person in the pic or at least can hold your own. If you have friends that look like models, it's best to not directly compare yourself to them.

1 minute ago, St. Charles said:

If you use a group pic, you should just put it last. And even though it sounds ****ed up, make sure you're the best looking person in the pic or at least can hold your own. If you have friends that look like models, it's best to not directly compare yourself to them.

I always hear about the concept of being around attractive people can make you look more attractive. But I think it’s the reverse. It’s making you look worse and everyone else look more attractive. 

I really don't even understand the point of group pics, unless you're trying to organize and sell an orgy. Either way, I tend to swipe left. When it is a single person, they do tend to be the most unattractive in the picture.

This is literal self-sabotage because the profile always belongs to the least attractive person In the group.  I'm always left trying to find out who the other hotties in the photo are. :dies:

  • ATRL Moderator

You know how Grindr can now detect if you're using a face pic (cause you can adjust filters to only show people with face pic)?

 

Well my dream is for dating apps to use this same technology to bar users from posting group pics.

 

"It looks like you're trying to upload a photo of 3 or more people, and you're the ugliest of the bunch! Please try again."

 

31 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

Immediate swipe left unless EVERYONE in the group looks good. It’s always the ugliest member of the photo. Sometimes I’m bored are will check the next photo just to confirm they are the ugliest then swipe left

absolutely this

electric chair for trying to fool others! it's usually two guys and the profile belongs to the uglier one 

I guess they do it cause it makes you look sociable, like a status flex

I agree. I can meet your friends later, but when I'm swiping, I want to know what the person I'm about to match with looks like. It's giving "Look at me! I'm so popular, I'm never alone" vibes and in my experience, those are usually not real.

This could backfire really bad if your friends are hotter than you. :deadbanana4: I would advise against it and anyways it’s best to to be solo on the first pic and make it a full body pic imo. Also don’t hide your face behind your phone… So many guys do this :rip:

I don't mind if it's the last pic to show you have friends...otherwise its 99% of the time a no.

A gay near me does this. It’s very tragic especially when the other friend in the picture is actually attractive 

Yeah, IDGI. Like, I'll find out if you're a weirdo with no friends later. When I'm swiping on YOUR profile, I'm trying to get a sense of YOU

Definitely not for the first few pics. But I like to see at least one towards the end to show me they have friends

I don’t think it’s bad to have a group pic in general, but definitely not as the first pic or few. And as many others have said - normally the people that do this end up sabotaging themselves :deadbanana2:

i'm against it in general, but i do agree that if you are going to do it, it should be the last picture. and yeah, make sure you're the hottest person there or i'll want to date your friend(s). that may sound harsh, but let's be real, most of these online dating apps are very much visually based, and it's not a good start if my first thought about you is that your friends are more conventionally attractive than you.

I know we’re beyond criticism of appearance but in such shallow apps, it’s always the ugliest person in the pic using them :skull:

I dont use tinder havent in years, but when they never had a solo picture I'd skip.

The way I feel ATTACKED because I did this in the past without realizing what it implies mess 

I don’t mind a group pic to show that do have some kind of a social life, but it shouldn’t be the first photo, and all your photos shouldn’t be group pics. I find that just as annoying as the guys who are wearing sunglasses in every photo. Like bro what are you hiding? :rip: 

group pic is fine but not the first photo, I immediately pass if so

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.