Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Ciara - 'CiCi'

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, ccfan007 said:

Hope y'all girlies are streaming on Spotify :bam:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

it got 459,382 streams yesterday

This is great! It’s rising 

  • Replies 320
  • Views 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • stephen1108
    stephen1108

    This one   Maybe she's saving it for an inevitable deluxe w the singles

  • No.    thsnm goodness she did not include them. This is the smarter route. Start fresh and just work on rebuilding.

  • Nice. Apart from Lil Baby, are there any names we for sure recognize (so as to ascertain the features)?   Random but relevant: Her dedication to Theron is...something. Does he not charge her

4 hours ago, orange22 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Does anyone hate the cover :gayorkcat4:

 

I hate the background and I would’ve prefered a textless cover

1 hour ago, playboi said:

I hate the background and I would’ve prefered a textless cover

I do hate the cheap font. 

On 8/18/2023 at 9:17 AM, ccfan007 said:

So far:

 

How We Roll > Type A Party > Low Key > Forever > WInning > BRB > 2 in Luv

 

but I'm sure it'll change all the time. HWR will remain the best track though.

My new ranking:

 

Type A Party > How We Roll > Forever > Winning > 2inLuv > Low Key > BRB

 

but honestly, it changes so much. BRB will remain at the end for me I fear tho.

On 8/19/2023 at 12:59 PM, SchmoodRing said:

Theirs been speculation about this. Do we know this for a fact to be real and true? I'll be shocked as to we've never gotten back to back body's of work especially from Ciara in about a decade. I'm so mad that she's pregnant again. Russell needs to get neutered and sterilized because this is the third album tour he's ruined with this ****. How far along is she?

 

I wouldn't expect anything new until 2025 tbh. :skull:

 

Then again... next year is the 20th anniversary of Goodies.

Did we ever find out if she owns the masters for Goodies, Evolution, etc. or is it only for Beauty Marks - going forward?

 

Also:

 

She says she was about to sign a deal with another label before Warner and it didn't happen. Wonder which one it was? 

 

 

4 hours ago, Attitude said:

Did we ever find out if she owns the masters for Goodies, Evolution, etc. or is it only for Beauty Marks - going forward?

 

Also:

 

She says she was about to sign a deal with another label before Warner and it didn't happen. Wonder which one it was? 

 

 

She's so media trailed. It's equal parts impressive and annoying. Because even in interviews like this where she's being way more candid than she usually is, it's hard to decipher exactly which situations she's talking about. I say this in particular reference to her label situation/s. 

 

I'm taking from the label talk in the interview at large that a) Warner didn't believe in Beauty Marks (understandably), but the upside for her was it making her take the leap she'd been itching to take by going indie. While the album did nothing, Level Up was a smash. it's been used in lots of sync stuff and I get the sense she's made coin't off it. Ultimately, a win and evidence to bet on yourself. 

 

She used the term "reneg" very casually and quickly when talking about another label she'd "always wanted to work with". My take from this was that she meant Republic. She said the label reneg'ed the day before she signed which made her unsure about the whole thing. Total conjecture on my part (but evidence based), maybe she had a more robust deal on the table initially and then at the 99th hour they either tweaked to give themselves an early out (e.g. after three singles, "we'll see how it goes") or something else on those lines.  Republic mysteriously disappeared from her label credits after Better Thangs, so something happened.

 

 

4 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

She's so media trailed. It's equal parts impressive and annoying. Because even in interviews like this where she's being way more candid than she usually is, it's hard to decipher exactly which situations she's talking about. I say this in particular reference to her label situation/s. 

 

I'm taking from the label talk in the interview at large that a) Warner didn't believe in Beauty Marks (understandably), but the upside for her was it making her take the leap she'd been itching to take by going indie. While the album did nothing, Level Up was a smash. it's been used in lots of sync stuff and I get the sense she's made coin't off it. Ultimately, a win and evidence to bet on yourself. 

 

She used the term "reneg" very casually and quickly when talking about another label she'd "always wanted to work with". My take from this was that she meant Republic. She said the label reneg'ed the day before she signed which made her unsure about the whole thing. Total conjecture on my part (but evidence based), maybe she had a more robust deal on the table initially and then at the 99th hour they either tweaked to give themselves an early out (e.g. after three singles, "we'll see how it goes") or something else on those lines.  Republic mysteriously disappeared from her label credits after Better Thangs, so something happened.

 

 

I think the label that "reneged" before she signed with Warner and way before the Republic deal. She says she never publicly announced anything relating to it and glad she never did because they axed the deal at the last minute. Maybe Atlantic? 

Her team of people kind of suck. Why didn't Beauty Marks or this have vinyl available? 

10 hours ago, ccfan007 said:

video for BRB

With what budget? Why is she spending soo much on a EP which leads me to believe we aren’t getting that album anytime soon

6 minutes ago, Attitude said:

I think the label that "reneged" before she signed with Warner and way before the Republic deal. She says she never publicly announced anything relating to it and glad she never did because they axed the deal at the last minute. Maybe Atlantic? 

You think? 

 

I doubt it'd be Atlantic, as they are basically the same label group as Warner. So, I imagine if Atlantic saw her as not worth it it's unlikely their sister label would. 

 

I'm of the thinking that it doesn't benefit artists to overtalk about label issues as oftentimes it sticks them with the underdog tag (which tends to be hard if not impossible to shake) and, more practically speaking, can create bad blood in an instrustry where connections are everything). 

 

HOWEVER...

 

It's really refreshing to see Ci just let loose and just talk about her journey. It's obviously embellished, still quite tactful, somewhat and framed from a "I came a success when I went indie", which we know is at best relative and more realistically a stretch. But still, given her journey, she probably has the most interesting stories and insights. I'd love to hear more from her on the wave of this particular interview. 

It’s a shame that she never really utilised touring to build a solid fanbase. She really belongs on a stage and more people need to appreciate  how great she is as a performer. It’s such a waste to see such an incredible talent be under-utilised.
 

Even without new music to promote and during her hate train era.. I feel like she could’ve done small tours every year or 2 years. 
 

Really enjoyed the Apple Music interview. I wish they would bring back Level Up radio lol. 

Edited by FantasyRide

6 hours ago, Attitude said:

Her team of people kind of suck. Why didn't Beauty Marks or this have vinyl available? 

I have been saying this since the Jackie Era 

 

Either her team sucks or she truly doesn't care

Edited by KING ACE

The EP is good/okay. I just want her to stop working so heavily with Theron. If she continues to solely work with him she is just gonna stay in this awkward spot of okay/mid records. 

 

 

4 hours ago, FantasyRide said:

It’s a shame that she never really utilised touring to build a solid fanbase. She really belongs on a stage and more people need to appreciate  how great she is as a performer. It’s such a waste to see such an incredible talent be under-utilised.
 

Even without new music to promote and during her hate train era.. I feel like she could’ve done small tours every year or 2 years. 
 

Really enjoyed the Apple Music interview. I wish they would bring back Level Up radio lol. 

I mean she’s pregnant now so lol…I’m sure she would of done a tour if otherwise 

11 hours ago, KING ACE said:

 I just want her to stop working so heavily with Theron. If she continues to solely work with him she is just gonna stay in this awkward spot of okay/mid records. 

 

 

This. She thinks I Bet & Level Up were a success because of him but those were mid songs that stuck from the hype of Ciara’s name alone. 

 

Ciara’s voice and visual talent is great. But she hasn’t evolved as an artist for many years… I’m tired of Ciara trying to prove the same old to us…. And the MJ tactics are played! 
 

Take the time to be inspired.. listen to the radio.. draw in new producers with fresh ideas and sounds. There’s so much Ciara could play with… 
The K-pop collabs was a step in the right direction. 

 

I’d say give birth and take the time to release something innovative for 2024. Hopefully in the meantime How We Roll builds up on radio and draws interest in her again…. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by CristianGarcia

7 minutes ago, CristianGarcia said:

This. She thinks I Bet & Level Up were a success because of him but those were mid songs that stuck from the hype of Ciara’s name alone. 

 

Ciara’s voice and visual talent is great. But she hasn’t evolved as an artist for many years… I’m tired of Ciara trying to prove the same old to us…. And the MJ tactics are played! 
 

Take the time to be inspired.. listen to the radio.. draw in new producers with fresh ideas and sounds. There’s so much Ciara could play with… 
The K-pop collabs was a step in the right direction. 

 

I’d say give birth and take the time to release something innovative for 2024. Hopefully in the meantime How We Roll builds up on radio and draws interest in her again…. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

You said this so eloquently. I have hope that next album she’s branching out to other producers. 
 

In the meantime though I do have appreciation over this EP. It’s a great appetizer to the course meal that will be the next album

15 hours ago, CristianGarcia said:

This. She thinks I Bet & Level Up were a success because of him but those were mid songs that stuck from the hype of Ciara’s name alone. 

 

Ciara’s voice and visual talent is great. But she hasn’t evolved as an artist for many years… I’m tired of Ciara trying to prove the same old to us…. And the MJ tactics are played! 
 

Take the time to be inspired.. listen to the radio.. draw in new producers with fresh ideas and sounds. There’s so much Ciara could play with… 
The K-pop collabs was a step in the right direction. 

 

I’d say give birth and take the time to release something innovative for 2024. Hopefully in the meantime How We Roll builds up on radio and draws interest in her again…. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

Right I have this weird inkling that she has not realized or clocked that urban music is what's mainstream. Not POP. 

 

Hopefully she pushes the more urban records from the EP and next project

oof this completely fell off my radar and I didn't realize it came out on Friday

 

didn't make much noise huh? :(

 

excited to give it a stream later. 

I think Type A Party and 2 in Love are skips for me. The rest ranges from bop to really good to A++++ which is Low Key. 

3 hours ago, Braz said:

I think Type A Party and 2 in Love are skips for me. The rest ranges from bop to really good to A++++ which is Low Key. 

This is how I felt at first but both songs had e grown immensely on me! The whole EP is a bop and each song offers something different while maintaining that R&B core 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.