Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Taylor over Rihanna & Beyonce, Why?

Featured Replies

 

Taylor got IN before Oscar Nominees Rihanna and Beyonce, WHY?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Taylor devotes her time and energy into stuff like this and gets it one way or the other because she’s desperate for validation and success. The other two don’t 

  • No offense but who really cares about this?

  • “Why have these black women not been able to achieve something these white women have?” 

You have to be trolling cause this doesn't matter

 

Bey and Rih are more closer to getting Oscar than Taylor 

 

Being a member doesn't mean much.

She is a VERY respected songwriter and they need some of those in the music branch so they can validate their choices in the BOS category.

I mean technically the correct answer is white privilege, I know HER and The Weeknd got in too but Taylor realistically has less obstacles or image perceptions to overcome than Rihanna and Beyonce do, who are more sexually provocative figures than Taylor and, yes, H.E.R.

 

also this is such a non factor in any of these peoples very impressive careers :rip: 

Beyoncé was already invited as a member of the acting branch when Dreamgirls was released. IDK if she accepted the invitation, though. 
 

And the Academy doesn’t just randomly choose people to invite, it’s a sponsorship program. Taylor had 2 people in the music branch sponsor her as a possibility. Maybe Rihanna didn’t. 
 

But I think all nominees ought to be automatically invited, so it’s whatever. 

Edited by Achilles.

I don't feel this matters... Billie is not over Rihanna or Beyonce :rip:

Edited by Inhwan

1 minute ago, getBusy said:

I highly doubt Rihanna cares about being part of the Academy, tbh

+1 Rihanna probably testing new fenty products right now. This is not on her mind.

Taylor devotes her time and energy into stuff like this and gets it one way or the other because she’s desperate for validation and success. The other two don’t 

Edited by airplane

Threads like this is what gives us Swifties such a bad reputation for gloating and being insufferable. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, airplane said:

Taylor devotes her time and energy into stuff like this and gets it one way or the other because she’s hungry for validation and success. The other two don’t 

In this case, I highly doubt she did much either. Literally any major celebrity that's been affiliated with the Academy in one way or another can get in. This isn't like some award someone has to campaign for, it's literally just an invitation to participate in the process which is why I'm surprised stans would care about this at all. 

2 minutes ago, lonnie said:

In this case, I highly doubt she did much either. Literally any major celebrity that's been affiliated with the Academy in one way or another can get in. This isn't like some award someone has to campaign for, it's literally just an invitation to participate in the process which is why I'm surprised stans would care about this at all. 

she doesn’t even have a nomination so i assumed she must have done something to get in:ghostface: 

 

But you’re probably right

Edited by airplane

1 minute ago, airplane said:

she doesn’t even have a nomination so i assumed she must have done something to get in:ghostface: 

 

But you’re probably right

I think she was shortlisted at some point? And I don't believe you have to be nominated to get in, though I could be wrong? You just need to be a professional in the entertainment industry and they take from a range of professionals too. So while it's a show of good faith in the people selected, it's not something people actively try to get into or something to brag and drag about.

  • ATRL Moderator

“Why have these black women not been able to achieve something these white women have?” 

Do you guys personally get something out of this or are you just vicariously living through someone else's achievements and using that to try and clown artists you personally don't care for? Like I don't understand 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.