Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Emotion (Carly) vs 1989 (Taylor)

Which album do you prefer? 124 members have voted

  1. 1. Which album do you prefer?

    • Carly - Emotion
      62%
      77
    • Taylor - 1989
      37%
      46

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion.pngCover artwork of Taylor Swift's album 1989

 

Run Away With Me vs Welcome To New York

Emotion vs Blank Space

I Really Like You vs Style

Gimmie Love vs Out Of The Woods

All That vs All You Had To Do Was Stay

Boy Problems vs Shake It Off

Making The Most Of The Night vs I Wish You Would

Your Type vs Bad Blood

Let's Get Lost vs Wildest Dreams

LA Hallucinations vs How You Get The Girl

Warm Blood vs This Love

When I Needed You vs I Know Places

Black Heart vs Clean 

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance vs Wonderland

Favourite Colour vs You Are In Love

Never Get To Hold You vs New Romantics

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The worst song on Emotion is better than the best song on 1989.

  • Carly's. Both overrated though.

  • Never got the hype around Emotion. There's some great songs on there and it's consistent but rather uninteresting/unmemorable for the most part.   1989 is a lot better and a much more exciti

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

Run Away With Me vs Welcome To New York

Emotion vs Blank Space

I Really Like You vs Style

Gimmie Love vs Out Of The Woods

All That vs All You Had To Do Was Stay

Boy Problems vs Shake It Off

Making The Most Of The Night vs I Wish You Would

Your Type vs Bad Blood

Let's Get Lost vs Wildest Dreams

LA Hallucinations vs How You Get The Girl

Warm Blood vs This Love

When I Needed You vs I Know Places

Black Heart vs Clean 

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance vs Wonderland

Favourite Colour vs You Are In Love

Never Get To Hold You vs New Romantics

1989 is very good, Emotion is consistently great

Run Away With Me vs Welcome To New York

Emotion vs Blank Space

I Really Like You vs Style

Gimmie Love vs Out Of The Woods

All That vs All You Had To Do Was Stay

Boy Problems vs Shake It Off

Making The Most Of The Night vs I Wish You Would

Your Type vs Bad Blood

Let's Get Lost vs Wildest Dreams

LA Hallucinations vs How You Get The Girl

Warm Blood vs This Love

When I Needed You vs I Know Places

Black Heart vs Clean 

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance vs Wonderland

Favourite Colour vs You Are In Love

Never Get To Hold You vs New Romantics

Edited by Folklore89sm

Obviously love Taylor but Carly done what she had to do with E•MO•TION, a masterpiece.

Run Away With Me vs Welcome To New York

Emotion vs Blank Space

I Really Like You vs Style

Gimmie Love vs Out Of The Woods

All That vs All You Had To Do Was Stay

Boy Problems vs Shake It Off

Making The Most Of The Night vs I Wish You Would

Your Type vs Bad Blood

Let's Get Lost vs Wildest Dreams

LA Hallucinations vs How You Get The Girl

Warm Blood vs This Love

When I Needed You vs I Know Places

Black Heart vs Clean 

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance vs Wonderland

Favourite Colour vs You Are In Love

Never Get To Hold You vs New Romantics

Run Away With Me vs Welcome To New York

Emotion vs Blank Space

I Really Like You vs Style

Gimmie Love vs Out Of The Woods

All That vs All You Had To Do Was Stay

Boy Problems vs Shake It Off

Making The Most Of The Night vs I Wish You Would

Your Type vs Bad Blood

Let's Get Lost vs Wildest Dreams

LA Hallucinations vs How You Get The Girl

Warm Blood vs This Love

When I Needed You vs I Know Places

Black Heart vs Clean 

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance vs Wonderland

Favourite Colour vs You Are In Love

Never Get To Hold You vs New Romantics

 

track 7 :jonny:

8 vs 9 :clap3:

Run Away With Me vs Welcome To New York

Emotion vs Blank Space

I Really Like You vs Style

Gimmie Love vs Out Of The Woods

All That vs All You Had To Do Was Stay

Boy Problems vs Shake It Off

Making The Most Of The Night vs I Wish You Would

Your Type vs Bad Blood

Let's Get Lost vs Wildest Dreams

LA Hallucinations vs How You Get The Girl

Warm Blood vs This Love

When I Needed You vs I Know Places

Black Heart vs Clean 

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance vs Wonderland

Favourite Colour vs You Are In Love

Never Get To Hold You vs New Romantics

Run Away With Me vs Welcome To New York

Emotion vs Blank Space

I Really Like You vs Style

Gimmie Love vs Out Of The Woods

All That vs All You Had To Do Was Stay

Boy Problems vs Shake It Off

Making The Most Of The Night vs I Wish You Would

Your Type vs Bad Blood

Let's Get Lost vs Wildest Dreams

LA Hallucinations vs How You Get The Girl

Warm Blood vs This Love

When I Needed You vs I Know Places

Black Heart vs Clean 

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance vs Wonderland

Favourite Colour vs You Are In Love

Never Get To Hold You vs New Romantics

Run Away With Me vs Welcome To New York

Emotion vs Blank Space

I Really Like You vs Style

Gimmie Love vs Out Of The Woods

All That vs All You Had To Do Was Stay

Boy Problems vs Shake It Off

Making The Most Of The Night vs I Wish You Would

Your Type vs Bad Blood

Let's Get Lost vs Wildest Dreams

LA Hallucinations vs How You Get The Girl

Warm Blood vs This Love

When I Needed You vs I Know Places

Black Heart vs Clean 

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance vs Wonderland

Favourite Colour vs You Are In Love

Never Get To Hold You vs New Romantics

 

Emotion and it's not even close 

I'm one to really stan Taylor Swift, but as much as I love 1989, it's not really her best pop album in my opinion. It has really high highs, but overall I feel like Emotion is super cohesive, all stellar tracks, and just the more well-rounded record. Carly made me love that pop sound so much, it's addictive honestly.

Quote

 

Run Away With Me vs Welcome To New York

Emotion vs Blank Space

I Really Like You vs Style

Gimmie Love vs Out Of The Woods

All That vs All You Had To Do Was Stay

Boy Problems vs Shake It Off

Making The Most Of The Night vs I Wish You Would

Your Type vs Bad Blood

Let's Get Lost vs Wildest Dreams

LA Hallucinations vs How You Get The Girl

Warm Blood vs This Love

When I Needed You vs I Know Places

Black Heart vs Clean 

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance vs Wonderland

Favourite Colour vs You Are In Love

Never Get To Hold You vs New Romantics

 

I used to love 1989 but it got old to me after a couple of years

E•MO•TION is more timeless imo :jonny6:

Run Away With Me vs Welcome To New York

Emotion vs Blank Space

I Really Like You vs Style

Gimmie Love vs Out Of The Woods

All That vs All You Had To Do Was Stay

Boy Problems vs Shake It Off

Making The Most Of The Night vs I Wish You Would

Your Type vs Bad Blood

Let's Get Lost vs Wildest Dreams

LA Hallucinations vs How You Get The Girl

Warm Blood vs This Love

When I Needed You vs I Know Places

Black Heart vs Clean 

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance vs Wonderland

Favourite Colour vs You Are In Love

Never Get To Hold You vs New Romantics

I think I like 1989 a bit more but Emotion, Let's Get Lost, Gimmie Love, Run Away With Me, Never Get To Hold You are better than almost anything on 1989.

E MO TION 

 

1989 is Taylors second worst pop album, with only Lover beneath it :gaycat2: 

In 10, 20 or 100 years the superior album still is E•MO•TION

Run Away With Me vs Welcome To New York

Emotion vs Blank Space

I Really Like You vs Style

Gimmie Love vs Out Of The Woods

All That vs All You Had To Do Was Stay

Boy Problems vs Shake It Off

Making The Most Of The Night vs I Wish You Would

Your Type vs Bad Blood

Let's Get Lost vs Wildest Dreams

LA Hallucinations vs How You Get The Girl

Warm Blood vs This Love

When I Needed You vs I Know Places

Black Heart vs Clean 

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance vs Wonderland

Favourite Colour vs You Are In Love

Never Get To Hold You vs New Romantics

 

Emotion

Run Away With Me vs Welcome To New York

Emotion vs Blank Space

I Really Like You vs Style

Gimmie Love vs Out Of The Woods

All That vs All You Had To Do Was Stay

Boy Problems vs Shake It Off

Making The Most Of The Night vs I Wish You Would

Your Type vs Bad Blood

Let's Get Lost vs Wildest Dreams

LA Hallucinations vs How You Get The Girl

Warm Blood vs This Love

When I Needed You vs I Know Places

Black Heart vs Clean 

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance vs Wonderland

Favourite Colour vs You Are In Love

Never Get To Hold You vs New Romantics

 

Emotion is the pop bible

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.