Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Why is Billie Eilish so succesful?

Featured Replies

She’s by far the biggest Gen Z artist and her discography gets consumed as a whole. What went right?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because she’s also the most interesting Gen Z girl with the most interesting visual and sonic direction :bird:

 

I mean I don’t stan her, though I think she has put out some good music and has lots of potential as she gets older, but the other girls don’t really have anything that even remotely pulls me in.  

She’s miles ahead of them in quality. Dua, Billie and Olivia are the only ones that even feel like main pop girls, and the stats back them up.

I dunno, her "aesthetic" and "vibe", I guess. Which I see for her, I like her brand, just never cared to dive into her music beyond the singles, which I do like but don't listen to. She's definitely for Gen Z and I see her appeal. Perched for her potential collab with Lana eventually!

1 hour ago, Katamari said:

raw talent

 

which is rare nowadays 

:giraffe:

8 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

Depression is prevalent in adolescents 

ur sig

 

Smarticle

Uniqueness. She offers visual and artistry that no one offers.

3 hours ago, ReH2o said:

Blonde, white, skinny and pretty

Is this sarcasm because she is relatively thick compared to most pop stars and was blonde for 5 minutes.

 

OT: She's real. Fans connect more when the artist is real and not a product. Billie and Finneas followed the Taylor-print of writing all their own music and being overly loving and supportive of their fanbase.

talented & beautiful, with an extremely alluring and precious vocal timbre

Happier than ever is genuinely a very good album

 

which is something most gen z acts lack because they rely way too much on gimmicks or "aesthetic" choices (which Billie did with dont smile at me and her debut before most gen z acts debuted so she pretty much has everything going on for her)

On 3/16/2023 at 6:27 AM, CandleGuy said:

Is this sarcasm because she is relatively thick compared to most pop stars and was blonde for 5 minutes.

 

OT: She's real. Fans connect more when the artist is real and not a product. Billie and Finneas followed the Taylor-print of writing all their own music and being overly loving and supportive of their fanbase.

Sure you're talking about the same Billie here? Because in no way is she thick

She's just so talented and interesting and lovable. Really a one of a kind.

12 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

She's just so talented and interesting and lovable. Really a one of a kind.

Yup, Billie is just that girl & even her recent acting debut has shown yet another layer of her talent 

 

ezgif.com-gif-maker(3).thumb.gif.1efa891

While my post history reeks of being a Billie hater, I've come around to realize that the girl is massively talented. 

 

That being said, it really helps that she is in a very specific niche of sound that NO ONE taps into, her vocal style is very unique in that while its whispery its not derogatory like Selena Gomez who coasts off of good production and songwriting camps. 

 

Her acting debut in Swarm was amazing as well and I can't really deny it, versatile popstar for sure! I hope she starts to veer away from Finneas tho bc this whole duo thing they have going on is weird as hell, veering into the rockier pop sound HTE has was smart and I hope she starts more in that direction. If she proves further that she can create a whole identity without Finneas backing it then all the more impressive.

 

She's the most successful because she's a.) Interesting aesthetically and musically, b.) Unique sound and vocal style, c.) Talented actress and songwriter,

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.