Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Did Renaissance deserve AOTY?

Well? 252 members have voted

  1. 1. Did Renaissance deserve AOTY?

    • Yes.
      56%
      142
    • No.
      43%
      109

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Yes/No? 

 

Personally, I think it did. 

 

HEATED

Church Girl 

Thique 

 

These three alone :worship: this is not to say anything about Cuff It, AHAP, etc

 

Happy House or whatever that was had barely 2 good songs :deadbanana: of course, in my opinion. 

  • Replies 121
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great album, but the biggest snubbing for her for AOTY was her losing for her self titled album. 
 

That album checked every box: massive commercial success, super impactful on the music industry, very acclaimed, and was creative af 

It was one of the albums that could fairly win.  For me it was not the best album, but it was a very solid one that was justifiably in the running.  

No, but it was a better option than the actual winner. :coffee2:

Beyonce deserves AOTY for her earlier work, but not for Renaissance. 

Nope. It's not a good album and it's not even that big either.

Honestly, no. Beyonce is the only artist that can get away with low quality music and be nominated in major categories at the Grammys. She basically make the same music as City Girls, but because she is Beyonce she gets nominated. I don’t care what anyone says, 25 rightfully beat out Lemonade for AOTY. Screw impact and what he did for black women. That does not equal to global impact, which Adele had with just Hello. Hello was played on hip hop and r&b stations. The lyrics on Lemonade were cringeworthy. I mean, the whole Formation song is a joke. What is Grammy-worthy about lyrics like, “When he f me good I take his ass to Red Lobster”? No other artist can get away with that except her. And I'm going to wake it up, the only reason why she gets nominated is because of colorism and tokenism. She's basically their default black person to award because they don't want to award other black artists. And she knows she benefits from this privilege, but do you ever think she is going to speak against it? No because she lives for titles like “Mosr awarded in history” and “The first black...”  She pails in comparison everywhere else and that is a fact. 

Edited by Pleighboy

I wonder how the songwriters and producers in that room felt seeing Beyoncé being revered as the best living artist when she doesn’t write any of her own music + sneaks in credits with vocal arrangements :deadbanana4: I think inside the actual industry Beyoncé isn’t as revered as she is to the public. 

Edited by BOOMBAYAH

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

Beyonce is the only artist that can get away with low quality music and be nominated in major categories at the Grammys. She basically make the same music as City Girls

...You have got to be joking?? :biblio:

 

This feels racially tinged and also check your ears. 

5 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

Honestly, no. Beyonce is the only artist that can get away with low quality music and be nominated in major categories at the Grammys. She basically make the same music as City Girls, but because she is Beyonce she gets nominated. I don’t care what anyone says, 25 rightfully beat out Lemonade for AOTY. Screw impact and what he did for black women. That does not equal to global impact, which Adele had with just Hello. Hello was played on hip hop and r&b stations. The lyrics on Lemonade were cringeworthy. I mean, the whole Formation song is a joke. What is Grammy-worthy about lyrics like, “When he f me good I take his ass to Red Lobster”? No other artist can get away with that except her. And I'm going to wake it up, the only reason why she gets nominated is because of colorism and tokenism. She's basically their default black person to award because they don't want to award other black artists. 

@ATRL Administration

2 minutes ago, Phantom said:

...You have got to be joking?? :biblio:

 

This feels racially tinged and also check your ears. 

I'm black and I'm not joking. What is Formation and Church Girl? Isn't that the same vulgar mess? 

5 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

Screw impact and what he did for black women. That does not equal to global impact

:biblio:

4 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

:biblio:

Please don't try to make this something it is not because I am a black person with two mono-racial black parents. What I meant is, just because black Twitter screams impact does not mean it was impactful on a global level, which was the Beyhive’s reason why it should have won AOTY. Impact is global, not just a community or a subset of the internet.  Hello was far more impactful than the entire Lemonade album. How many countries was the song #1 in? 

Edited by Pleighboy

She should of won for self-titled and lemonade :coffee2: 

 

I hope she starts paying the Grammys dust for this mistreatment 

Over what actually won? Absolutely

 

But I'm just glad Adele didn't win any of the major ones, I just know she and her team are in hysteria right now :bibliahh:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.