Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Kelela - 'Raven'

Featured Replies

I feel like I can't even compare this album to TMA because they are so different from each other.TMA was more lyrically rich and the music more structured whereas Raven feels very atmospheric and intentionally lyrically sparse at times to explore the meditative introspective areas of dance music. It's kinda reminding me of Solange's stylistic shift from A seat at the table (lyrical, operatic, structured/elevated music) to when I get home( very atmospheric jazz productions, lyrically repetitive that feel almost improvised, immersive)

  • Replies 510
  • Views 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Blue Jeans
    Blue Jeans

    It is free to see her in NYC next weekend  because it is a free summer music festival in Brooklyn's Prospect park. No brainer!

  • This remains the best album of the year for me. Masterpiece.

  • Let's not forget the Clayton Bigsby rap.  That song honestly packs so many ideas into such a low-key track

been obsessed with this album! the way it’s length is so long but the album feels benefited from it making it next level! She deserves so much success and love so I’m happy with the response this has been getting :clap3: 

 

Divorce, Closure and Holier are my faves btw :WAP:

Edited by Julia Fox

Divorce was one that didn't click with me in the beginning but now wow I'm completely sold, the production is out of this world

Yeah I think this one will just appreciate with time! Nothing as immediate as LMK or Waitin. Perfect project though. Only criticism I have is that I think Washed Away + Fade Away are not necessary. One would have done, or if they were one track. Enough For Love would have been a better closer. I just find it a bit clunky.

First time listening to her and I’m surprised. Great album, the production is top quality. I would cut a couple of songs, it’s too long.

IMMACULATE project

 

Contact is STILL that gay sex party dancefloor moment 

 

On the Run, sorbet, contact, raven, bruises, enough for love are all 10/10

3 hours ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

First time listening to her and I’m surprised. Great album, the production is top quality. I would cut a couple of songs, it’s too long.

Yeah I liked the album on a listen through but a few songs in the middle passed by me and felt nothingy (Closure, Holier, etc.)

 

Happy Ending, Sorbet and Enough For Love are my favorites. Sorbet is sooo Janet. That cover is beautiful so I'm considering the vinyl but I should really stop purchasing things this month rip.

Edited by Beyonnaise

I literally cannot stop listening to this, keep trying to listen to the Paramore album but Kelela has her foot on my throat

 

picked up the clear vinyl from my local record store today. she won

 

tNyFZGE.gif

 

 

Perfect

Contact

Sorbet

Bruises 

Enough For Love

Happy Ending

 

Excellent

Raven

Closure

Washed Away

Let It Go

Holier

 

Great

Divorce

On The Run

Fooley

 

Solid

Missed Call

Far Away 

 

I may have realized after the Fallon performance that Enough for Love is the song to beat this year. 
 

It fully encompasses the feeling of floating in warm water. The way her voice glides angelically! I’m obsessed.

She sounds so much like Janet Jackson on Sorbet. 
 

I haven’t really listened to anything other than this project and it gets bette every time. 

 

The title track is pure perfection. I can’t rank them yet. 

far away >>> washed away

the transition from raven to bruises is sooo good :jonny5:

shygirl snapped on divorce

1 hour ago, Beyonnaise said:

Yeah I liked the album on a listen through but a few songs in the middle passed by me and felt nothingy (Closure, Holier, etc.)

 

Happy Ending, Sorbet and Enough For Love are my favorites. Sorbet is sooo Janet. That cover is beautiful so I'm considering the vinyl but I should really stop purchasing things this month rip.

I purchased the vinyl because of the cover.

This album is literally flawless front to back... can't believe I ever doubted her and was meh on the singles :skull: unable to even decide my favorite songs, but I think Fooley may be #1

 

too low, caroline got her chance on tomorrow. :penguin:

 

8.4

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.